Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Overdue for a vacation

I am an admitted workaholic and I am well overdue for a vacation as I have not allowed myself to take a legitimate vacation in 5 years. Sad isn't it? Last summer my wife went to Europe and my dumb ass stayed home and worked. She made me promise to take a vacation this year as I need it. 3 more weeks until I finally get to remove myself from the daily hustle and finally relax as the wife and I will be taking a cruise for a week. I absolutely can not wait. Plan on catching up on some much needed R&R which will also include smoking a lot of my finest cigars.
The tell tale signs letting me know I am over due have been showing lately. It's been so damn busy the last few months and I am just worn out to the point that I am always tired and I get aggravated with people way to easy. The littlest things make me want to choke someone lately. These next three weeks can't go quick enough. Here's to hoping I make it!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of
Default Re: Overdue for a vacation

Hang in there, John! When you get aggravated just think... "in a few more days I will be sipping some rum and smoking a great cigar."

Enjoy!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (32)
RA
JaKaacH has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I am an admitted workaholic and I am well overdue for a vacation as I have not allowed myself to take a legitimate vacation in 5 years. Sad isn't it? Last summer my wife went to Europe and my dumb ass stayed home and worked. She made me promise to take a vacation this year as I need it. 3 more weeks until I finally get to remove myself from the daily hustle and finally relax as the wife and I will be taking a cruise for a week. I absolutely can not wait. Plan on catching up on some much needed R&R which will also include smoking a lot of my finest cigars.
The tell tale signs letting me know I am over due have been showing lately. It's been so damn busy the last few months and I am just worn out to the point that I am always tired and I get aggravated with people way to easy. The littlest things make me want to choke someone lately. These next three weeks can't go quick enough. Here's to hoping I make it!
Stress is tension caused by the mind overriding the body's desire to choke the living _____ out of some _________ who desperately deserves it"

Enjoy the vacation.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
E-Tx Surveyor

Congratulations, I hope you and the wife have an amazing time. Don't be afraid to cut up a little bit.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Enjoy the cruise! I've heard they are a blast, still haven't managed to hop aboard one yet.
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #6
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaacH View Post
Stress is tension caused by the mind overriding the body's desire to choke the living _____ out of some _________ who desperately deserves it"

Enjoy the vacation.
Sounds like how I felt working retail.

5 years without vacation is WAY to long. Enjoy!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #7
wolfandwhisky
Resident Whisky Addict

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
wolfandwhisky is on a distinguished road

Hope you're able to let loose and have a great time on the cruise, John! Almost there!
wolfandwhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:07 AM   #8
skibumdc
That's what she said

First Name: Balco
Trading: (8)
PL
skibumdc is on a distinguished road

Geeze, I can't go 4 months without a bit of a vacation, even if it's just a 4 day weekend....not sure how you made it 5 years?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:30 AM   #9
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Time away with family and friends on vaction is necessary.

God didn't give a day of rest to work you know.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #10
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Vacations are truly a blessing. Make sure to really spend time relaxing and enjoing your time with your wife!

IMHO you really need a couple of weeks off for a good vacation -- it takes about 3-4 days to unwind from work at the begining and about 3 days before the end you start thinking about work, etc. so that eats up a week. If you have two+ weeks that middle time is your "prime" vacation time... Next time try to take at least two weeks

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #11
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Enjoy the much needed rest!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote