Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #21
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anybody smoke when they're sick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencefixer View Post
Cigars taste totally awful when I'm sick, so no.

DC sends love, , so you feel better! Like, right now!
thanks, I'm trying, all I can do is take my pills and wish for the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I have smoked while sick and it isn't worth it. If you just wait and smoke when you are better you will be amazed at how good your senses are. It is nice to take some time off and come back, use the sick time for that IMHO.
This is good advice, thanks homie.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #22
Homebrewer
Love'm Tatuaje

Trading: (9)
Homebrewer is on a distinguished road

I tried this last Feb. and I got sicker. I tried to smoke and drink scotch. I ended up with a 21 day cold that was a living hell. Don't do it!
Homebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #23
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
shopkins82 is on a distinguished road

My daughter was born on Feb 21, right at the time I was half-way through fighting the longest-lasting cold I've ever had (still lingering to date). That said, I couldn't pass up a couple of opportunities for some celebratory smokes outside the hospital. We were smoking some Fuente factory throwaways (no label maduro torpedo, $3/stick) so it's not like I was throwing away an OpusX.

At the time the cold it was mostly in my chest but with a good bit of sniffle drainage in the nasal area as well. What worried me most about mixing with smoke was a sore throat. Fortunately none of the above really killed the enjoyment, though I may have missed out on some more subtle flavors and other general nuances... if there were any there.

I haven't smoked since we brought my daughter home from the hospital last Friday. The cold has moved out of my chest and lodged itself directly in my sinuses for the last several days. I bit the bullet monday and visited the Dr who put me on a regiment of antibiotics, perscription cough suppressant, and ear drops. The cough and sore throat have absolved themselves for the most part, but the sinus congestion and sniffles linger... every time I blow my nose I can feel it in my ears.

That said, my wife and I are going out to dinner with a couple of friends Saturday night and the restaurant is one of the few in the city with a smoking lounge... recovered or not I'll be enjoying a Nick's Sticks Maduro Robusto with my good friend Nick... if we have time we'll be comparing/contrasting the Nick with a Perdomo Fresco Maduro Robusto as we're both curious as to how similar these two really are (with the Fresco being about $1.50 cheaper per single).
shopkins82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #24
BlkDrew
Rolling my own...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (43)
LGC
BlkDrew will become famous soon enough

ugh i have a head cold now, sinus' are bad, cant smell a thing. I HATE THIS!!!! we are supposed to have warm weather at the end of the week also.
BlkDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #25
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
Can't smell or taste? good time to get rid of that Ghurka.
Agreed!! no matter how expensive those things get...can't seem to find a good stick. Price does not equal quality!
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote