Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats > Recipes

Old 07-12-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
ridenlive

Default Papa's Con Chili aka Chili Stuffed with potato goodness

Found this one here. i use it all the time really yummy with bbq. i have found to sweat the chili's first so the skin membrane falls off and then use them in the recipe. Also when making the mash potato's add in a extra cup of cheddar and also add 2 teaspoonful of chipotle chili powder. Make sure you put cheddar on top of the peppers when putting them back in the oven for the last time as well and enjoy!

Quote:
This dish was created for a class I taught at Draeger’s Culinary Center in Menlo Park, California. It literally made people smack their lips. I believe it was the creamy, luscious flavor of the combination of mashed potatoes and roasted pepper.

4 medium poblano or Anaheim chile peppers
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound all-purpose organic potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
4 ounces cream cheese
1/4-1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup (2 ounces) Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

Preheat the oven to 375°F.

Cut the chile peppers in half lengthwise, removing the seeds and stems and scraping away most of the white membranes.

In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper. Toss the chile peppers in the bowl to thoroughly coat. Place, cut side down, on a baking sheet and bake for 20 – 30 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.

Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the potatoes for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Mash the potatoes with the chives. Cut the cream cheese into pieces and add to the potatoes, allowing it to melt and mash with the potatoes. Add enough milk as you are mashing to make the potatoes smooth and creamy.

Turn the peppers cut side up on the baking sheet. Mound the mashed potatoes in the baked peppers. Top with the shredded cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.

Makes 8 servings.
One more thing i dont use all purpose organic anything just use red potato's they will work wonders.