Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #26
N2Advnture
www.Cigarmony.com

Trading: (43)
Partagas
N2Advnture has a spectacular aura aboutN2Advnture has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Palio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugie View Post
What's a PALIO?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langod View Post
Question.
Aren't Xikars considered "better" cutters? With the Xikar Xi at about the same price as the Palio, ($35 vs $40 online) why wouldn't those be more recommended?
I'm a bit of a newbie, and I've never used either one -- just the $2 plastic guillotines, so I don't really know the differences.

The "Palio" that is being discussed here a double bladed guillotine cutter that is patented and made from a coplymer (nothing like the cheap plastic cutters that you are used to). The blades are of a high quality, surgical steel and many (myself include) are the best double bladed guillotine cutter ever made.

I've been using the same Palio as my "go to" cutter for nearly 9 years now and with regular cleaning, it cuts as great as ever.

The two main differences between the Xikar cutters and the Palio cutter is as follows:

1.) The "action".

The Palio is a double bladed guillotine action were as the Xikar is a scissor hybrid action (all the Xikar cutters have the same cutter, just different finishes for the handles).

Preference is solely personal to which action you prefer.

2.) The finish

Many like the metal and wood finishes available with the Xikar (nylon and "Habanos" finishes are available as well).

The Palios come in standard polymer (black, silver and gold) and also come in a faux Burl Wood and Carbon Fiber finish that are laid over the polymer body.

I hope this helps

~Mark

N2Advnture is offline   Reply With Quote