Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #21
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best ACID cigars

I haven't had any ACID's yet, I am curious to try them, but not sure which one....the blondie has peaked my curiosity and from reading this thread maybe the Java.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #22
Sonic04GT
Feeling at Home

First Name: Chris
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
Sonic04GT will become famous soon enough

I have only had the Kuba Kuba and I really enjoyed it. I want to try the Kuba Maduro now and the Cold Infusion Tea. I'll eventually get through them all!

Picked these up recently, can't wait to sample some more Drew Estate stuff.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/coffee+6...ars/item+34865

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...used%20sampler

Probably end up getting one of these as well since I have a $40 voucher to StogieBoys.

http://www.stogieboys.com/samplers/acid-sampler-tin
Sonic04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #23
Sonic04GT
Feeling at Home

Army (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
I haven't had any ACID's yet, I am curious to try them, but not sure which one....the blondie has peaked my curiosity and from reading this thread maybe the Java.
Definitely try the Kuba Kuba. Here is a good read, including a small review on the Java.

http://robustojoe.com/tobacco-cigars/flavored-cigars/
Old 09-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #24
Country313

I felt the need to bring this up to all of the "anti-infusuion" smokers out there. Cigars International offered a challenge to the top 10 cigar manufacturers (specifics available on the CI website.) This brought forth the Legends series. Drew Estate makes a cigar for this series. It is infused. It is also currently the best selling cigar in the series. This must mean something! I thought the "motto" of this site was "Smoke what you like and like what you smoke". My advice, Smoke 'em if you've got em! I would never say that all (insert your favorite cigar manufacturer's name here) cigars suck or are horrible or anything else to that effect just because it wasn't what I liked or was used to, or because I had smoked 1 cigar from 1 of their many lines and didn't care for it... Just venting. Now I'm gonna go smoke an infused stick. . Safe smokin and long ashes to all!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #25
Sonic04GT
Feeling at Home

Army (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country313 View Post
I felt the need to bring this up to all of the "anti-infusuion" smokers out there. Cigars International offered a challenge to the top 10 cigar manufacturers (specifics available on the CI website.) This brought forth the Legends series. Drew Estate makes a cigar for this series. It is infused. It is also currently the best selling cigar in the series. This must mean something! I thought the "motto" of this site was "Smoke what you like and like what you smoke". My advice, Smoke 'em if you've got em! I would never say that all (insert your favorite cigar manufacturer's name here) cigars suck or are horrible or anything else to that effect just because it wasn't what I liked or was used to, or because I had smoked 1 cigar from 1 of their many lines and didn't care for it... Just venting. Now I'm gonna go smoke an infused stick. . Safe smokin and long ashes to all!
Nice, the sampler I bought (link above) includes one of the DE Legends. Can't wait to try it.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #26
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Acid is the brand that got me into smoking cigars. Blondies are my favorite.
In my short journey to try other non-infused sticks, I've found a few that I really like and a few that weren't so good. I like the thought 'smoke what you like' as long as you enjoy it. I'm glad I branched out and tried different kinds, but I will always enjoy the infused sticks that I like.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #27
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic04GT View Post
I have only had the Kuba Kuba and I really enjoyed it. I want to try the Kuba Maduro now and the Cold Infusion Tea. I'll eventually get through them all!

Picked these up recently, can't wait to sample some more Drew Estate stuff.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/coffee+6...ars/item+34865

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...used%20sampler

Probably end up getting one of these as well since I have a $40 voucher to StogieBoys.

http://www.stogieboys.com/samplers/acid-sampler-tin
How did you get a voucher from SB?

Quote:
Definitely try the Kuba Kuba. Here is a good read, including a small review on the Java.

http://robustojoe.com/tobacco-cigars/flavored-cigars/
That was a good read, thanks. Def makes me want to try them even more now.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #28
Lonely Raven

I'm a newb, and I'm working my way through the ACID lineup. I got the collectors tin, and so far I find the Blondie was Ok, and I like the C-note but it was a little harsh. I like short smokes, but with more body.

Still several more to try out!

I think we have a Java stashed somewhere as well. I'll have to try that one sometime soon since it's got some good thoughts in this thread.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #29
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Fair enough. I personally wouldn't make the statement that "infused cigars suck." I will say that I have never had one that I thought was good. My wife used to smoke infused so I have tried a fair amount of them and they just don't work for me. I respect Drew Estate as a company and I love their Liga Privada line. I also respect the fact that unlike some other companies DE uses high quality tobacco in their infused sticks rather than using the infusing process as an excuse to get rid of their low grade stock.

I'm not too surprised that the DE Legends is the highest selling blend in the line. Acids are usually consistently the highest selling sticks in a B&M.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #30
Country313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
I'm a newb, and I'm working my way through the ACID lineup. I got the collectors tin, and so far I find the Blondie was Ok, and I like the C-note but it was a little harsh. I like short smokes, but with more body.

Still several more to try out!

I think we have a Java stashed somewhere as well. I'll have to try that one sometime soon since it's got some good thoughts in this thread.
Try the Krush classics from ACID. They usually come in tins of 10 but uou can sometimes find them sold individually. You may also like the Juicy Lucy from DE's Naturals line

Last edited by Country313; 09-30-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #31
Sonic04GT
Feeling at Home

Army (Served With Honor)

Quote:
How did you get a voucher from SB?

That was a good read, thanks. Def makes me want to try them even more now.
It was a Groupon deal. $40 for $20 but I had a $10 coupon so I essentially got $40 worth of cigars for $10. Good until March so I think I'll hold off for a little bit.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #32
Sonic04GT
Feeling at Home

Army (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Try the Krush classics from ACID. They usually come in tins of 10 but uou can sometimes find them sold individually. You may also like the Juicy Lucy from DE's Naturals line
My buddy swears on the Jucy Lucy. Been wanting to try it.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #33
Country313

Quote:
My buddy swears on the Jucy Lucy. Been wanting to try it.
I love the JL for a "quick stick'' There's also a larger version called Big Juicy. Great smoke if you have a little more time. I have only had one other "Naturals" cigar, the Dirt Torpedo, I love all 3 of them. I ordered a Naturals sampler pack from cigar bid. Just waiting for it to season in the humi before I tear into it
Old 09-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #34
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
It was a Groupon deal. $40 for $20 but I had a $10 coupon so I essentially got $40 worth of cigars for $10. Good until March so I think I'll hold off for a little bit.
That's sweet! I can't find any good Groupons in my area for smokes.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #35
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Perhaps if you didn't try to "sell" everyone so hard on Drew Estates, it wouldn't get as much attention. We do preach "Smoke what you like, like what you smoke". We also practice some good old fashioned ribbing on occassion (ask the Gurkha fans), and hope that everyone's skin is thick enough that they don't blow a gasket over someone not liking their favorite cigar.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #36
Country313

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Perhaps if you didn't try to "sell" everyone so hard on Drew Estates, it wouldn't get as much attention. We do preach "Smoke what you like, like what you smoke". We also practice some good old fashioned ribbing on occassion (ask the Gurkha fans), and hope that everyone's skin is thick enough that they don't blow a gasket over someone not liking their favorite cigar.
Not trying to sell anything so I apologize if that's how it looked. I was simply trying to make a point.

It occurred to me that this thread was started by someone looking to broaden their horizons by asking about different ACID cigars. I was simply trying to let people who ARE interested in infused cigars know not to be discouraged by the "ribbing" of those who do not care for or have any problem voicing their dislike for infused cigars.

Again, if it came off as a sales pitch I am sorry but I've dealt with criticism not ribbing from traditional cigar smokers for 5+ years.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #37
Lonely Raven

I don't know, I found your posts helpful.

I'm going to hit a shop on the way home and see if I can pick up some Javas, o3, and the Krush classics.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #38
Country313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
I don't know, I found your posts helpful.

I'm going to hit a shop on the way home and see if I can pick up some Javas, o3, and the Krush classics.
The O3 is an online only cigar (I believe from CI.) However I have heard of retailers buying the exclusives like this and secretly selling them. Good luck!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #39
Sonic04GT
Feeling at Home

Army (Served With Honor)

Quote:
That's sweet! I can't find any good Groupons in my area for smokes.
Yeah it was just a few days ago. I posted it on CA. Unfortunate that you guys missed it.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #40
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Yeah it was just a few days ago. I posted it on CA. Unfortunate that you guys missed it.
Next time send me a pm