Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2010, 03:49 AM   #581
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work for a nice short week. It's good to see that the Yankees won the first of 3 games with the A's 3 - 1. They'll be back at it again this evening at 2205(10:05pm) and the starter for the Bombers will be C.C. Sabathia. I hope everyone has a good week at work and enjoys......
Old 07-07-2010, 03:50 AM   #582
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for almost an hour now. As everyone has been stating already, it's hotter than heck out with temps reaching the low 100s and humidity up there as well. Here is what NOAA has predicted for the next few days:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Ensure you read the "Heat Advisory" and drink plenty of fluids through out the day. Well, it was good to see that the Yanks won another one last night with A-Rod hitting his 3rd grand slam of the year and then later on hitting a solo homer in the 6th. The two teams will play one more time tonight starting at 2205(10:05pm) again and this time the Bombers will have A.J. Burnett starting on the mound. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys a favorite or two or.......
Old 07-08-2010, 03:55 AM   #583
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is still on. It was good to see the Yankees swept the A's with another win last night, final score was 6 - 2. Tonight, the Bombers will take on the Mariners at 2210(10:10pm) with Andy Pettitte startin' on the mound for the Yanks. Today being Thursday, I'll be makin' my way over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars for a couple of primo sticks and some good conversation. I hope everyone has a good one as well and enjoys......
Old 07-09-2010, 03:44 AM   #584
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans are brewin'. Well, the Yankees won another one last night in the 9th inning giving Andy Pettitte his 11th win of the season. The two teams will be back at it tonight at the same time; 2210(10:10pm). We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's smoking top shelf ceegars and catching up on the world's news. The NASCAR racers will be in Chicago this weekend with a race this evening (Nationwide Series) and then tomorrow night with the big boys (Sprint Cup Series): http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/chi/
Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it.........
Old 07-10-2010, 05:38 AM   #585
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and happy Saturday to everyone. Well, the Yankees won their 7th in a row last night with 2 homers from Mark Teixeira making it a final score of 6 - 1. They'll play one more late night game this evening with the Mariners starting at 2210(10:10pm) again. Also last night, Kyle Busch won the NASCAR Nationwide Series race in Chicago; congrats to the entire Joe Gibbs racing team. The NASCAR Sprint Cup race is this evening starting around 1930(7:30pm) and I hope Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the #88 Amp car finishes well. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys........
Old 07-11-2010, 06:32 AM   #586
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on. Congrats to David Reutimann and the entire Michael Waltrip racing team for winning last night's NASCAR race in Chicago. There were no congrats though for the New York Yankees as they lost last night 4 - 1 as Joba Chamberlain allowed a grand slam the 8th inning. Oh well, stuff happens so hopefully they turn it around today and get a "W". C.C. Sabathia will start on the mound for the Bombers today as they have a 1610(4:10pm) match up. Also today is the finals in World Cup soccer which starts at 1430(2:30pm) on ABC. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Sunday and enjoys a favorite or two or.......
Old 07-12-2010, 03:54 AM   #587
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for an hour now. Well, it was good to see C.C. pitch a helava game yesterday afternoon giving the Yankees an 8 - 2 victory over the Mariners. With the Home Run Derby tonight and the All-Star game tomorrow evening, the Bombers have a nice 5 day break to relax and regroup for the 2nd half of the season. A big congrats goes out to Team Spain for winning yesterday's World Cup finals. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites through out it........
Old 07-13-2010, 03:54 AM   #588
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Congrats to Big Papi (David Ortiz) for winning the Home Run Derby. To get the full story, look here:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

The All-Star game is on tonight at 2000(8pm) live on FOX. I hope you get to watch it and enjoy a favorite as well........
Old 07-14-2010, 03:46 AM   #589
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Cool Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, as most of you know by now, George "The Boss" Steinbrenner passed away yesterday at the age of 80. Here is a link to the Yankees website and some memorable times:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

The West Point Honor Guard will be presenting the "Colors" at Friday evening's game along with a solo bugler who most likely will play "Taps" in honor of George S. I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and takes the time to enjoy a favorite sometime during the day......
Old 07-15-2010, 04:11 AM   #590
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Not much going on today excpet for the normal day to day operations here at West Point. Being that today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening for some good conversation and to enjoy a couple of primo sticks. I hope everyone has a good one as well and enjoys......
Old 07-16-2010, 04:15 AM   #591
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while now. We had an enjoyable time last night at Schlesinger's smoking primo sticks and seeing ole' friends. The Yankees are back in town and will be taking on Tampa Bay this evening starting at 1905(7:05pm) with C.C. Sabathia starting on the mound. I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys it as well.......
Old 07-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #592
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin' as always. Well, the Yankees game finished in style with Nick Swisher hitting a game winning single in the bottom of the 9th to give the Bombers a 5 - 4 victory:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...bamlb_nyamlb_1

The 2 teams will be back at it today with A.J. Burnett throwing the first pitch at 1610(4:10pm). Also today, the NASCAR Camping World Truck race will start at 1330(1:30pm) and then this evening the NASCAR Nationwide Series race will go off at 2000(8pm) both from Gateway International Raceway in Madison, IL. http://www.nascar.com/ I hope everyone has a super Saturday and takes the time to enjoy a favorite or two or......
Old 07-18-2010, 06:34 AM   #593
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans coffee is kickin'. Well, the Yankees didn't fair so well yesterday against the Rays as they lost 10 - 5. Let's hope that they win the rubber game of the 3 game series with Andy Pettitte throwing the first pitch at 1305(1:05pm). I didn't watch the NASCAR truck race yesterday but congrats to Kevin Harvick and the entire KH Racing team. I did watch last night Nationwide Series race though and what a final lap finish. Congrats to Carl Edwards and the Joe Gibbs racing team as well: http://www.nascar.com/
I hope everyone has a great day today and relaxes with a couple of your favorites.......
Old 07-19-2010, 03:31 AM   #594
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees won yesterday afternoon despite Andy Pettitte left the game in the 3rd inning with a groin injury:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

The Bombers are off today and will be taking on the A's tomorrow evening at 1905(7:05pm) here at home. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it......
Old 07-20-2010, 03:37 AM   #595
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee is on. The Yankees will be playing the As this evening at 1905(7:05) with Phil Hughes on the mound for the Bombers. The weather was a bit stormy yesterday to say the least. Here is a 7 day forecast accouding to NOAA:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy.......
Old 07-21-2010, 04:06 AM   #596
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while now. Well, the Yankees had their butts handed to them in the 10 - 2 loss last night. Hopefully they turn it around today with a "W" as the two teams play each other again with a start time of 1305(1:05pm). I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys a favorite or two or.......
Old 07-22-2010, 04:08 AM   #597
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a good hour now. Well, the Yankees did indeed bounce back and get that "W" yesterday. The final score was 10 - 6 with Colin Curtis getting his first major league homer in his career. The Bombers will take on KC this evening with C.C. Sabathia throwing the first pitch at 1905(7:05pm). Today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo sticks and watching the game. If you're in the nieghborhood and have the time, stop on by and join in on the fun. Either way, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........
Old 07-23-2010, 04:10 AM   #598
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the pot of joe is halfway gone. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesinger's smokin' primo ceegars and watchin' last night's wacky Yankees game. They did win at the end 10 - 4 but it was fun watchin' them get there. Jeter hit an in-the-park homer and A-Rod hit his 599th as well:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...camlb_nyamlb_1

The two teams will play again this evening at the same time of 1905(7:05pm) and this time A.J. Burnett will be throwing the first pitch. Also this weekend, the NASCAR racers are in Indianapolis with the Truck race at ORP as well as tomorrow's Nationwide Series and then Sunday the Sprint Cup racers are at the Brickyard. I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend filled with a few of their favorites.......
Old 07-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #599
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good afternoon all, I hope your day has been going as planned. Currently watching the Yankees game, it's KC over the Bombers right now 7 - 4 in the bottom of the 6th. Later on this evening, I'll be watching the NASCAR race from Indiannoplis (ORP) as it's to hot right now to be outside. Enjoy the rest of your day and try and keep cool as well.......
Old 07-25-2010, 05:57 AM   #600
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans coffee is on. Well, the final score of yesterday's Yankees vs. Royals game ended up being 7 - 4 Royals. Hopefully the bounce back today and get the win. Phil Hughes is starting for the Bombers today and will be throwing the first pitch at 1305(1:05pm). Congrats to Kyle Busch for winning last night's NASCAR Nationwide Series race in ORP. Today the Sprint Cup Series will be racing at the Brickyard in Indiannoplis and the waving of the green flag should be just after 1300(1pm). I hope everyone has a super Sunday and enjoys......