Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-22-2014, 08:54 AM   #21
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Possible Career change (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
Wow I find that amazing. I would love a 200K salary doing something I love.
That's with plenty of detail shifts and other overtime, though. Directing traffic in the middle of winter or in summer with temps and humidity in the 90's. Don't forget the gozillion college kids and the hundreds of bars. I wouldn't want to do it.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #22
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Looks like the next class starts the last week of July. I am going to go ahead and enroll and do my FBAT test so I have that done. Lining up things at my current job so I can be at class on time.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #23
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Congratulations and, if it's what you truly want to do, jump on the opportunity!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #24
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Thanks Dave. Also found out today that they are trying to put together a firefighter/EMS shift based class. It last's 9 months instead of 4.5 but it will be a lot easier to do instead of having to take shifts off, I would simple go to class every 2nd day off unless it falls on Sunday. Wouldn't have to take any days off at all. I think that would be less stressful on the scheduling.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #25
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Glad to see you are taking the leap. Wishing you all the best.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #26
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Thanks Andrew. With the shift based class starting the last week of March and lasting 9 months, and the original class I was going to get in that is Monday through Thursday lasting 4 1/2 months, they both end at almost the same time. Lot less stress having the shift based so I don't have to take time off and then have people come in early to be at class on time.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #27
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
Thanks Andrew. With the shift based class starting the last week of March and lasting 9 months, and the original class I was going to get in that is Monday through Thursday lasting 4 1/2 months, they both end at almost the same time. Lot less stress having the shift based so I don't have to take time off and then have people come in early to be at class on time.
Glad it is working out for you. I wonder what may cause more stress for you, being an EMT or LEO. I try not to bring things home with me but sometimes it seems unavoidable.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:57 PM   #28
G G
BR549

Bolivar

It's the same for us I think. The problem is hard to put into words. I think we build all the coping mechanisms and think we handle it all very well, but it still takes it's toll on us whether we think it does or not.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:40 PM   #29
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Going to take the FBAT test tomorrow at 12:30, any prayers that you may say will be appreciated.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #30
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Good luck brother.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #31
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Thanks Larry. Hope you are feeling better my friend.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:48 AM   #32
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Going to take the FBAT test tomorrow at 12:30, any prayers that you may say will be appreciated.
Praying At This Moment, My Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:48 AM   #33
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Thanks Greg I appreciate it brother.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #34
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Passed the FBAT thank the Lord, and that's one step closer.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #35
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Passed the FBAT thank the Lord, and that's one step closer.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #36
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Congratulations!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #37
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Okay since I passed the FBAT and went and got the packet to do, I have filled out all the forms. The prospective class members will have to meet on March 17th to do the 1.5 mile run/walk in 19 minutes or less. I was a little apprehensive about this at first, but have been practicing and seems I shouldn't have a hard time making the time.