Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #17
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Who has a Vinturi aerator? Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddick View Post
No one made an accusation, IMO. Besides, its not you in the video, at least I hope it is not

If you pay attention to those videos that do claim to be "blind" you will see that there is nothing "blind" about the process, the device sits up front and center and they are told what to "sense" upfront.

Next time anyone wants to "soften up" a bottle of young wine, just shake it violently for a few seconds before popping the cork. That is, if you don't have a $1 funnel on hand. Not glamorous, but...
LOL, I know little to nothing about wine, much less be part of the oldest winery in London. So no it's not me. My study and experimentation lies within tasting and flavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I was talking about the video Wayne, not you or anything you did.

I can't speak for what Moses was looking for in terms of discussion, but as far as I'm concerned, that video was not a valid discussion, it was a sales video infomercial. It even had the company logo in the corner the whole time. And, it definitely wasn't a double-blind testing.
Yeah, I was also discussing the video. Logo or not, the guy said something to the effect of if you don't have 2 hours to let it breathe, then it works well. So I understood that to mean that in their opinion, 2 hours of natural breathing is the same as the Vinturi. So then, you could save money over any device if you simply plan ahead or have patience.

Have either of you tried this device? And if not, who's opinion would convince you that it works likes it claims?