Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
C1garfan
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
C1garfan is on a distinguished road
Default Viaje Zombie

From Andres Facebook page-

Minnesota has issued a state of emergency. Martial law has been declared. It is reported that the region has been overrun by what is being described as THE LIVING DEAD! For more information contact reporter James Succio on scene - 952 808-9259
C1garfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Viaje Zombie

I'm intrigued......

http://thecigarfeed.com/?p=5847

Triple capped at both ends

Smaller size too 4 3/4 x 52.....at $10.50 a piece....eh If I could score 2-3 of these to try I'd be down for that but that's about it. Had no interest in the MOAB or WMDs. Although after you cut the cap you're looking at a 4 1/4 perfecto for $10.50....brutal.

I'm actually quite concerned now with these past 5-6 Viaje releases coming out so soon. They might be going the way of Tatuaje. This might help me continue to swear off NC's.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Cornrow_Wallis
<insert user title>

First Name: Rob
Trading: (8)
Cornrow_Wallis is on a distinguished road

I feel the urge to get some of these, but I think I'm going to have to skip out this time. I got a fiver of wmd and moab but looking back I think I would have skipped them and gone with something in a vitola I actually like. Not trying to hate on Viaje, but for the money, I'd like to see a little more cigar.
Cornrow_Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Kinda how I felt Rob, I do like the perfecto and the DES was a very decent stick. Kinda sucking though the price points are staying the same and the vitolas are getting smaller and smaller. Larger RG's too
Old 04-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
C1garfan
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
C1garfan is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of the cost has to do with the shape. Difficult shapes are usually more expensive. Like you said, this cigar has triple caps on both ends.
C1garfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #6
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Yeah, I just wish it was the same size as the DES (5 3/4 x 52). That's the thing that has me intrigued (the caps at both ends). I could see buying 2 of them and smoking them at different ends. Just for kicks, sh!ts and giggles see if there is any noticeable difference.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

If I could get one I'd try it...but I probably won't bust my tail to get these.

They sound interesting though!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #8
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Reminds me of this image that I saw posted on Facebook with Viaje tagged but it was quickly untagged by what I'm guessing was Andre and kind of how I am starting to feel about Viaje. I copied and pasted the text in the photo description in the image.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #9
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

hahaha...yeah
Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #10
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

I must admit that is funny. I never liked the S&B, any of them.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:38 AM   #11
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

I love Viaje Cigars but getting tired of having to line up like it is Black Friday to beat everyone to them.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #12
thecatch83

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
I love Viaje Cigars but getting tired of having to line up like it is Black Friday to beat everyone to them.
I guess they wouldn't be considered LE sticks if you could just order them off of every cigar site, but you make a very good point. I personally don't have a problem with the "boutique" company's offering LE cigars, what gets me is the shadow games and smoke and mirrors behind it all. And in regards to paying 10 bucks for a smaller cigar, you could always throw down $20 a stick for the glorified 64th anny Smoke Inn Padron SI-15, 6 x 60 and choke yourself to death
Old 04-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #13
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
Agreed, this 2000 cigars is completely bullsh!t. I passed on the WLP, WLP Candela, WMB, MOAB, Exclusivo short and Tower 45th. This one I'll mostly likely make a half a$$ attempt to score a couple. If not meh it'll be 7th Viaje I've passed on already this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
I guess they wouldn't be considered LE sticks if you could just order them off of every cigar site, but you make a very good point. I personally don't have a problem with the "boutique" company's offering LE cigars, what gets me is the shadow games and smoke and mirrors behind it all. And in regards to paying 10 bucks for a smaller cigar, you could always throw down $20 a stick for the glorified 64th anny Smoke Inn Padron SI-15, 6 x 60 and choke yourself to death
I'm surprised they are only $20 a piece. As far as the LE thing, Viaje seems to be jumping on the Tatuaje "put out as many as you can trying to make a fast buck" bandwagon. I guess Illusione is the only one that still has some hope?

I'm really not complaining though, it seems most NC cigars are going this route and it just makes it much easier for me to not buy any. I can walk into cigar shops and not drop $50-$100. Browse the internet and see many cigar ads and not spend a dime. Thanks guys

Now I'm off to go punch an ever so tasty $4 SCdlH El Principe, or maybe I'll spring for the HUCM for $4.50. Boli RC's for $6.00 a pop, YES PLEASE! Ah life is good.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #14
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

He needs to take marketing tips from Pete Johnson. genius.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:13 AM   #15
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

I am not a Tatuaje whore, but I do love me some Viajes. And these are going to be at an event in MN? I'm so there...
Old 04-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #16
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I'm really not complaining though, it seems most NC cigars are going this route and it just makes it much easier for me to not buy any. I can walk into cigar shops and not drop $50-$100. Browse the internet and see many cigar ads and not spend a dime. Thanks guys

Now I'm off to go punch an ever so tasty $4 SCdlH El Principe, or maybe I'll spring for the HUCM for $4.50. Boli RC's for $6.00 a pop, YES PLEASE! Ah life is good.
I hear this. I'm rarely tempted by NC's anymore. But if I want a strong stick, I reach for a viaje.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #17
Trent0341
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dan
Trading: (7)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Trent0341 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post

Seriously... whatever happened to normal size smokes. They all seem to be Nub size or some kind of 6x60 baseball bat. I don't mind the marketing concepts to a point but Tatuaje and Viaje seem out of control. I think some of their concepts are pretty cool but releasing in quantities of 2000 and I have to spend $200+ before I can even try one = no thanks.

I have said for a long time that NC had caught up to CC taste wise but lately it seems like NC are more focused on marketing than the actual cigar. As Bill pointed out I can smoke a PSD No. 4 for $8-$9. It makes it harder to justify setting the alarm on my phone so I can be one of the 30 people that get a box of cigars they've never tried.

Bottom line is brands like Viaje and Tatuaje are driving me off before I ever really got a chance to make up my mind about them. I know some of you are into these and I hope you continue to enjoy them but more and more they seem like something I'm not even going to bother with.
Trent0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #18
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Man, I love reading every single day people constantly complaining about how many new NC's are coming out [/sarcasm off]

If you don't want all these new cigars, don't buy them.

I like having the option to not smoke the same cigar every day. Variety is the spice of life
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #19
mariogolbee

C1garfan, thank you for posting this information. I might have never known. The WMD is one of the best sticks I've had in a while. If this is better than the WMD, and I can get some, I'll be more than happy to.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #20
dannysguitar
Feeling at Home

First Name: Danny
Trading: (36)
Montecristo
dannysguitar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Man, I love reading every single day people constantly complaining about how many new NC's are coming out [/sarcasm off]

If you don't want all these new cigars, don't buy them.

I like having the option to not smoke the same cigar every day. Variety is the spice of life