Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #81
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New Tatuaje symbol

[quote=JJG;711143]man, there's so much negative feedback here, I'm starting to feel bad for ole' PJ. It seems the best thing people can say is "it's the cigar that matters, not the band" and I agree with that.

[quote]

It's the American way isn't it? Build up a budding young star, then when they 'make it' tear them down and stomp on 'em. :|
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #82
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

First Name: Ed...duh
Trading: (6)
PL
Mr. Ed will become famous soon enough

Meh, not the greatest looking design, but that won't stop me from buying Cabaiguans. Plus, you can always just remove the band.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #83
BryanB
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (58)
VR
BryanB has a spectacular aura aboutBryanB has a spectacular aura about

Pete will be alright if he figures out theres only room for one "rockstar"
in the cigar industry. We already have Rocky.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #84
Dukeuni
RIP CS

Trading: (32)
RA
Dukeuni is on a distinguished road

I guess I would not consider Rocky Patel a "rockstar" kind of person. He just seems like the ultimate salesman. As for Pete, I would throw him into a person that has a "persona" about him, something many people would like. Is that persona considered a "rockstar"? Probably something along those lines.
Dukeuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #85
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak_link View Post

It's the American way isn't it? Build up a budding young star, then when they 'make it' tear them down and stomp on 'em. :|
nice try Pete Johnson. didn't know you were a member here, love your smokes!

JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #86
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
nice try Pete Johnson. didn't know you were a member here, love your smokes!

From now on you'll need to poopp@l me all your money for smokes. Just send me tons of cash and I'll send a note to your B&M to give you stuff. Really, I'm sure it'll work out great!

Last edited by weak_link; 01-07-2010 at 04:21 PM.
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #87
Tatuaje

I want to thank everyone for all the feedback. Just an FYI, the above posts are not from me nor anyone from my company.

Yes the logo, I actually paid a veteran designer for Disney to do the logo. The logo is not for Tatuaje. Tatuaje already has two logos. The classic Tatuaje logo with the tobacco leaf/fleur design found on the cabinet boxes and the Tatuaje with the sideways fleurs on each side. Those are the logos and they will alway be. The logo you are seeing is just a company umbrella logo. All the brands will fall under this logo. You will see it somewhere on the packaging for all the brands to let people know we make that product.

I had always just used the Fleur as a company symbol but it's not like that fleur was anything unique. Every company uses a fleur and the one I used was simple enough to where everyone got used to it and associated my brands with it but a fleur is not unique.

Again this is just a company umbrella logo that will tie all the brands together. I am always willing to look at submissions but I am not looking to a logo for Tatuaje. It already has two.

Also, I am far from being any type of rockstar. I'm just happy to be doing something I love.

Thanks again for the honest feedback, I do give a damn what you guys think and hope to hear more from you. Hopefully better next time.

Regards,
Pete
Old 01-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #88
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

thanks for the clarification

stearns
Old 01-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #89
joeobx
just playing in the storm

First Name: Joe
Trading: (4)
joeobx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The cigar promoter formerly know at PT Johnson.

I got to learn to not take a draw until I read the post.....coughed my a## off
Old 01-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #90
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatuaje View Post
I want to thank everyone for all the feedback. Just an FYI, the above posts are not from me nor anyone from my company.

Yes the logo, I actually paid a veteran designer for Disney to do the logo. The logo is not for Tatuaje. Tatuaje already has two logos. The classic Tatuaje logo with the tobacco leaf/fleur design found on the cabinet boxes and the Tatuaje with the sideways fleurs on each side. Those are the logos and they will alway be. The logo you are seeing is just a company umbrella logo. All the brands will fall under this logo. You will see it somewhere on the packaging for all the brands to let people know we make that product.

I had always just used the Fleur as a company symbol but it's not like that fleur was anything unique. Every company uses a fleur and the one I used was simple enough to where everyone got used to it and associated my brands with it but a fleur is not unique.

Again this is just a company umbrella logo that will tie all the brands together. I am always willing to look at submissions but I am not looking to a logo for Tatuaje. It already has two.

Also, I am far from being any type of rockstar. I'm just happy to be doing something I love.

Thanks again for the honest feedback, I do give a damn what you guys think and hope to hear more from you. Hopefully better next time.

Regards,
Pete
Does that mean you don't have to change the old brown bands?
Sweet.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:36 AM   #91
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Regards,
Pete
Man, I want to bite into this like an 18 ounce New York Strip steak.

I will digress and keep my aggression to a minimum.

The "what I would say to Pete Johnson and the owner of New Havana Cigars (local to me)" if I ever had their attention ....after the drac incident.

You want honest feedback?

I'll give it to you if you really want it. Man to Man. Not in public.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:07 AM   #92
SkinsFanLarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz View Post
The cigar promoter formerly know at PT Johnson.
....this coming from the cigar smoker known as Two-Face.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:37 AM   #93
Tatuaje

s15driftking, I would love the honest feedback. Obviously you had a problem with the release or trying to get some from NHC. Sorry to hear that. I'll be in Columbus soon and would love to hear what you have to say.

Regards,
Pete
Old 01-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #94
SkinsFanLarry

Quote:
s15driftking, I would love the honest feedback. Obviously you had a problem with the release or trying to get some from NHC. Sorry to hear that. I'll be in Columbus soon and would love to hear what you have to say.

Regards,
Pete
The ball is in your court now Bobby!
Old 01-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #95
s15driftking
Go Browns!

Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Regards,
Pete

I believe that PM is most suitable. Warning, its very lengthy, very.

EDIT - Maximum PM is 5000 characters... my letter is 6323 characters. What is the best way to communicate?

Last edited by s15driftking; 01-10-2010 at 08:23 AM.
s15driftking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #96
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #97
s15driftking
Go Browns!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry View Post
The ball is in your court now Bobby!
And I am a man of action. I myself always take feedback and criticism as an opportunity to re-evaluate whatever situation is at hand.

I typed out what I'd like to say in MS word, but it won't fit in a PM.

Seeking alternate route.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #98
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
And I am a man of action. I myself always take feedback and criticism as an opportunity to re-evaluate whatever situation is at hand.

I typed out what I'd like to say in MS word, but it won't fit in a PM.

Seeking alternate route.
Break it up into two pm's part 1 and part 2
Old 01-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #99
SkinsFanLarry

I thought Pete was offering to meet you in-person when he was in Columbus.

Just me, but I know I would prefer to talk with him face-to-face if the opportunity presented itself.

Sorry if you got the impression that I was "butting" into your business, that was not my intent Bobby.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #100
tobii3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry View Post
....this coming from the cigar smoker known as Two-Face.

You OWE me a laptop!!!

Fuggin' coffee is all over the place!!!!!