Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #21
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
pmwz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Try these NEW releases

unfortunately it is unlikely to see any of these in germany and if they are comming they are going to be overpriced...
pmwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #22
hank_612

Generals new uppercut was pretty good but in the league of
a tat or pepin it is not. They had several new sticks but I was most excited by a new size for the serie r.

Caos new cuban style was nice but seemed like a torano with a different wrapper more than a big change.

The cain habano was very good and not quite as nic crazy as the cain maddy which whipped my as a bit.

Fuentes new brick house features the wrapper that was on the original oliva v. I verified this with people at oliva and fuente. They are not handing out samples at the show but I will have one early next week to try.

The new Fuente Queen B is a Sungrown wrapper robusto. Sounds Yummy anyway.

Perdomo had a lot of new Conneticut wrapper sticks that were very good.They basically took the wrapper on the champagne and put it on the patriarch and anniversery.

The new my father is very nice and seemed to be more complex than the original. Pepin has a touch.

Pinar del Rio had a new release that I smoked twice I will have to dig up a band to remember the name but it was cabinet or reservo well something like that. Probable the best new cigar I tried at the show. I had the short 60 and a torp. Abe is a cool guy and works out of new orleans. There stuff if starting to get some attention.

I smoke a Illusione cuchillo for the first time and was blown away. Bar none the best value in cigars. Med-full tons of tobacco leather and mild spice.

I also smoked a new Alec Bradley Esence or something like that and came away pretty happy but not excited.

Kristoffs new Sumatra will also be a hit if you are a Kristoff fan. A little heavier but not crazy.

JFR has a new connie line that was very tasty. It was a good show for connies in general. People are following Camachos lead and giving conneticut cigars more pop.

I posted this on my blackberry while riding home so don't bust my balls about the spelling and grammar please.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #23
SmokinCozy
I don't smoke that

First Name: Craig
Trading: (47)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
SmokinCozy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the info
Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #24
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMan View Post
Honestly, I primarily smoke full bodied stuff and I've smoked my fair share of Cain's, both natural and maduro. I've also smoked numerious T110's, Camacho Triple Maduro's, and plenty other crazy full bodied stuff. Out of all the people that have came through the booth and smoked Cain and checked it out, I've yet to hear anything alone the lines of it being too strong or too much ligero or too much spice, in fact it was the exact opposite. Everyone's pallet is different which is understandable, but to be completely honest, Cain is the smoothest full bodied cigar I've had to date.

As far as if it will mellow, I think the way the blend is, it's already mellow, but with power behind it. any cigar, regardless of what it is will mellow with time. Cain was never meant to be a kick you in the ass and make you feel dizzy and sick powerful cigar (that's Cain F, lol). It was meant to be a strong, yet smooth cigar with good flavor that is well balanced while still delivering that punch that's needed to be put into the full bodied category and personally, I think it delivered exceptionally. That's not to say that there aren't plenty of other full bodied cigars on the market that do very well. It's actually the exact opposite, There are plenty. Smoke what you like and like what you smoke, regardless of what it is.

Dan, I'll hit you up when I return from the show and get you a Cain natural and maduro. Jungle Jim's and The Party Source both have events that I booked at the show coming up the 1st week of Sept.
Thanks Ian. If you hook me up with a couple I will write a review on them for you
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #25
nofeardiver
Feeling at Home

First Name: Dan
Trading: (4)
nofeardiver will become famous soon enough

I may still be new to cigars, i just started smoking them and collecting about 8 months ago. But some of my first cigars were NUB and i love them still continue to buy them, i agree with Sam in the fact that it seems to keep the same consistency all the way to the nub, As far as the CAIN i have about 15 of them resting in my humi and will try them in a while.

I think me being a newbie, the Nub Cameroon or Connecticut was the perfect cigar starting out. Also i have grown more towards maduro and stronger full bodied like the Perdomo Habano Maduro, such a great cigar.

Just my noob two sense
nofeardiver is offline   Reply With Quote