Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #1
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Make a difference this Memorial Day

If you can, please consider visiting one of the cemeteries from the list maintained by the VA: http://www.cem.va.gov/cems/listcem.asp

Take a few flowers and find the grave of a veteran who may not be remembered - often due to location or similar.

Place a flower on the grave and thank them for their service to their country, their family, your family and you.

Repeat as necessary.

Find any uniformed personnel that you can and, if appropriate and not intruding, shake their hand and thank them.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Make a difference this Memorial Day

Thanks to all our troops. Remembering them tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
bvilchez
En búsqueda.....

First Name: Bolivar aka Jay
Trading: (76)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
bvilchez has disabled reputation

Camp Pendleton, CA, May 2014.....Many know that the fires raged through Southern California engulfing and destroying everything in it's path. The fires would not cease to tears and cries of the defenseless and heartbroken. If you've ever driven on the I-5 on the West Coast, specifically next to Camp Pendleton, you will notice there are crosses placed throughout the installation. Many may believe these are for religious purposes of various service members or for the missions made from south to north stopping at different missions along the Southern California coastline. In actuality, these crosses are a memorial for those brothers and sisters who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Below you see a picture of Marines who during the fire ran up to the hills of San Mateo on Camp Pendleton and took down those crosses to save them from those perilous fires. After the fires ceased, Marines made the trek to take those crosses back up to their rightful location and remember those who made our freedoms possible.

From the battles of Bellau Wood in the Argonne Forest to the foothills of Afghanistan, this great and wonderful nation has lost many fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, sons, and daughters. We have lost dear friends. But most of all we have lost those who have left an ever-lasting impression in our hearts and minds. They defended our Constitution and everything we stand for (even if you are disrespectful and sit during the National Anthem). They defended our rights and choices we have made even if they did not agree with them. They defended our right to live. They defended our freedom.

On this Memorial Day, sure have your BBQs and spend quality time with your families. But please remember those who made this all possible. Not just this one day but ALWAYS!!! They will no longer be able to eat another hotdog or drink another beer. But we as a nation need to make sure that their indomitable spirit and memory must never perish.

For my brothers and sisters who have gone before me, we shall meet again. Save me a spot wherever you may be. But in the meantime I will make sure your most major sacrifice WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN!!!

Last edited by bvilchez; 05-24-2014 at 10:09 PM.
bvilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:26 AM   #4
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Thanks for the reminder of what this weekend is truly about