Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-18-2018, 05:39 AM   #1
DEZn00ts
What? I didn't catch that

First Name: Xavier
Trading: (0)
DEZn00ts is on a distinguished road
Default Regular Cigars An Infused Smoker Will Like.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-18-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default Re: Regular Cigars An Infused Smoker Will Like.

Even infused cigars have tobacco notes that one can taste in spite of the oils and flavors of the infused cigars. I would recommend some of the lighter bodied samplers that many online sites offer. This gives you a wide array of things to try without a large expense.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:11 AM   #3
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijit View Post
Even infused cigars have tobacco notes that one can taste in spite of the oils and flavors of the infused cigars. I would recommend some of the lighter bodied samplers that many online sites offer. This gives you a wide array of things to try without a large expense.
Oh no doubt! Me personally don't see the fuss about infused, I like them a LOT and I can definitely get a great amount of notes from the tobacco in them. I think that Drew Estate does an amazing job complimenting their tobacco with the flavors they infuse into their cigars, however they do it. The first real cigar I had besides nasty corner store ones was a really cheap brand on Famous that was $20 for 20, it was called Pure Meyhem and it almost turned me away from regular cigars; but I ended up buying a lesser known brand by the name of Juan Y Ramon that was on sale. When I opened the package I knew right away that it was a massive step above the 20 for 20 cigars. It was amazing, chocolatey smelling, smooth nutty notes, wrapper was perfect and it was nice and tight with a smooth draw. Wow that was a great cigar. I seem to like Maduro rappers but the first Cigar I fell in love with (Acid Blondie) was a natural and that was an amazing smoke.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:36 AM   #4
Jon11
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jon
Jon11 is on a distinguished road

I have to agree that Maduro rappers are better......the light ones just don’t seem to have any rhythm....LOL
Jon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:48 AM   #5
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Pinch your nose fully closed the next time you smoke one of your infused cigars and see what you get. Typically no flavor at all. It's even more extreme on non infused/less flavorful cigars.

Taking a bit of a detour.... rather than just exploring non infused cigars you might consider learning a cigar smoking technique - retrohale/snorking/French exhale - called many things but essentially its developing the ability to exhale smoke thru your nostrils.

Once learned, you have the tools to appreciate the more subtle flavor experiences and nuances of the natural flavors of cigar tobacco. Absent that, and given the extreme flavor enhancement you are at now; might not be fruitful to try non infused cigars. Unless you flavor them with fruit.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:00 AM   #6
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
I have to agree that Maduro rappers are better......the light ones just don’t seem to have any rhythm....LOL
LMFAO! I like a little bit of "color" lol. Maybe it's because I'm mixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
Pinch your nose fully closed the next time you smoke one of your infused cigars and see what you get. Typically no flavor at all. It's even more extreme on non infused/less flavorful cigars.

Taking a bit of a detour.... rather than just exploring non infused cigars you might consider learning a cigar smoking technique - retrohale/snorking/French exhale - called many things but essentially its developing the ability to exhale smoke thru your nostrils.

Once learned, you have the tools to appreciate the more subtle flavor experiences and nuances of the natural flavors of cigar tobacco. Absent that, and given the extreme flavor enhancement you are at now; might not be fruitful to try non infused cigars. Unless you flavor them with fruit.
Hahaha I'm not that much of a noob that I don't know what retrohaling is. I do understand what you mean about the flavor of infused cigars diminishing when you have you're nose closed, I would believe if I was in some freak accident where I lost it I wouldn't even care about infused cigars lol. Honestly though, I think it was my poor choice of cigar the first time I decided to make the switch that made me believe they were bad. I still like my infused cigars though.

I'm gonna for sure get some Baccarat Rothchilds and some Perdomo Cuban Perejo's when I get my next batch. I do know that I love love love Rothschilds and smaller cigars, 4x38's and the like.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:07 AM   #7
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

If you like Maduros, some inexpensive yet tasty ones are:

Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro
CAO Brasilia
CAO Flathead V450
Famous NIC 5000
5 Vegas Series A
Diesel
Ramon Bueso Genesis the Project
Old 05-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #8
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
If you like Maduros, some inexpensive yet tasty ones are:

Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro
CAO Brasilia
CAO Flathead V450
Famous NIC 5000
5 Vegas Series A
Diesel
Ramon Bueso Genesis the Project

OOOOooOOO nice list, that's what I'm looking for.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:34 AM   #9
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

I always recommended Baccarat to people when they were making the transition back when I worked at a smoke shop, mild and a little bit of honey on the cap to keep things slightly sweet
Old 05-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #10
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
I always recommended Baccarat to people when they were making the transition back when I worked at a smoke shop, mild and a little bit of honey on the cap to keep things slightly sweet
Yea I forgot who told me that but that's exactly why I put them in my list.