Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default Wireless in England, Austria, etc

OK, the boss is headed out on a multi country trip. I need help trying to figure out what she requires in order to get onto the internet while traveling. Past issues she has had involves navigating the country of origins language on the internet access screens.

Current trip consists of England, Austria, Czech Republic, and Hungry. Can I assume that wireless standards such as G/N are the same over there? My guess is that most internet will be either at the hotel or a coffee shop. I do know she does not want to use her phone for email and and attachments due to costs.

So, all you world travelers and European BOTLs, any tips, hints, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Whynot
Living the dream...

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (11)
Cohiba AirForce (Active)
Whynot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wireless in England, Austria, etc

G/N should be good. Has worked for me or my wife in several European and Middle Eastern countries. If it is free hot spots, language shouldn't matter, and for most hotels someone if not the whole staff will speak at least passable English to help out. I feel so dumb when I go in a Hotel and the clerk has anywhere from 3-8 languages they speak listed on there name tags. I can barely get English right. Meine Deutsch ist nicht gut. Sorry not much technical help from me.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
gpugliese
B.Y.O.B.

First Name: Greg
Trading: (13)
HUpmann
gpugliese will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wireless in England, Austria, etc

Wireless access will probably not be an issue, at least not in England. Just make sure she has the proper power adapters and converters.