Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #21
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Five Silly Blind Reviews

I've heard great things about the Boli PC but never had one till now. It lives up to its reputation.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #22
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Cigar #5

Construction: 5x50, light/medium brown wrapper, very solid

Pre-Light Draw: A smooth draw. A little sweetness is detectable.

1st Third: Upon lighting, this cigar is very peppery and harsh. The harshness quickly subsides, leaving behind a bit of sweetness. About a half inch into the stick, the sweetness takes control. Sweet and smooth with a slight bit of pepper through the nose. The cigar is very solid; the ash is firm and holds on past the two inch mark. Toward the end of the first third, the sweetness subsides a little and a harshness joins it.

2nd Third: The sweetness and harshness combine for a flavor that reminds me of toasted or burnt sugar (toasted marshmallow?). It's not bad, but not great either. A tangy flavor is detectable as well.

Final Third: Sweetness and burnt flavor continue. It's not bad, but I'm beginning to get bored with it. At the last inch, the cigar starts to get bitter.

Final Thoughts: This cigar was ok. Not spectacular, not bad, but just ok. I'd like it for a morning smoke w/ coffee, but it's not a good afternoon/evening smoke for me. This is something that I would enjoy and not worry about putting it down after smoking half of it (which is what I tend to do in the mornings if I'm rushed for time).

Insert quote here.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #23
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

After completing these five reviews, I would like to say thanks to Scott (MCS) for contacting me and asking if I would do this (even if he was tricking me into getting my address). I have thoroughly enjoyed smoking and writing these reviews. I have learned a lot about my palate and the preconcieved notions that come with the bands (or knowing what cigar I'm smoking). This has been a fun and enjoyable learning experience.

Thanks Scott! You are a true BOTL!
Somebody give this man a rep bump for me!

Insert quote here.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #24
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Cigar #5

Construction: 5x50, light/medium brown wrapper, very solid

Pre-Light Draw: A smooth draw. A little sweetness is detectable.

1st Third: Upon lighting, this cigar is very peppery and harsh. The harshness quickly subsides, leaving behind a bit of sweetness. About a half inch into the stick, the sweetness takes control. Sweet and smooth with a slight bit of pepper through the nose. The cigar is very solid; the ash is firm and holds on past the two inch mark. Toward the end of the first third, the sweetness subsides a little and a harshness joins it.

2nd Third: The sweetness and harshness combine for a flavor that reminds me of toasted or burnt sugar (toasted marshmallow?). It's not bad, but not great either. A tangy flavor is detectable as well.

Final Third: Sweetness and burnt flavor continue. It's not bad, but I'm beginning to get bored with it. At the last inch, the cigar starts to get bitter.

Final Thoughts: This cigar was ok. Not spectacular, not bad, but just ok. I'd like it for a morning smoke w/ coffee, but it's not a good afternoon/evening smoke for me. This is something that I would enjoy and not worry about putting it down after smoking half of it (which is what I tend to do in the mornings if I'm rushed for time).
That was an Alec Bradley Harvest Selection Robusto. I really enjoy these for the price. I like the toasted marshmallow flavor you were tasting.

Great reviews, Andy!

MCS
Old 07-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #25
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
After completing these five reviews, I would like to say thanks to Scott (MCS) for contacting me and asking if I would do this (even if he was tricking me into getting my address). I have thoroughly enjoyed smoking and writing these reviews. I have learned a lot about my palate and the preconcieved notions that come with the bands (or knowing what cigar I'm smoking). This has been a fun and enjoyable learning experience.

Thanks Scott! You are a true BOTL!
Somebody give this man a rep bump for me!
I actually had no ulterior motives when I first got your address. After I got it, the idea for Shemp's Revenge came up. I just like to pick on English teachers

MCS
Old 07-30-2009, 04:27 PM   #26
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
I just like to pick on English teachers

MCS

Insert quote here.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #27
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
That was an Alec Bradley Harvest Selection Robusto. I really enjoy these for the price. I like the toasted marshmallow flavor you were tasting.

Great reviews, Andy!

MCS
I read one of Don Fernando's reviews today and he mentioned toasted marshmallow flavor. If I had not read his review today, I probably wouldn't have been able to pick that flavor out. I would have just thought it was a sweet, yet burnt flavor. I learn new things about my palate just from reading other reviews.

Insert quote here.