Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Reviews

Old 09-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #21
Benwoo

Default Re: Sam Gawith 1792 Flake

I'm working through another bowl this weekend... I be lubbin it still... It kind of reminds me some of the maduro cigars I've sampled.

Everyone who has smelled it burning so far has said they've liked the smell as well
Old 09-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #22
Benwoo

In case ya guys wanted to know what a 1lb box looked like

Unfortunately I didn't think about snapping a pic until after I jarred up all the tobacco
This stuff was much wetter then the bulk bit I originally purchased from pipes-n-gars and it's much more, um... fragrant. So this should be a bit of a different xperience

Chris
Old 09-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #23
atlharp
Microaggressor

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
HUpmann
atlharp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwoo View Post
In case ya guys wanted to know what a 1lb box looked like

Unfortunately I didn't think about snapping a pic until after I jarred up all the tobacco
This stuff was much wetter then the bulk bit I originally purchased from pipes-n-gars and it's much more, um... fragrant. So this should be a bit of a different xperience

Chris
Yes, a pound of SG 1792 will last about a week with me! LOL!

ATL
atlharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #24
Whistlebritches
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
Whistlebritches is on a distinguished road

I purchased bulk so it arrived ready to smoke....One of my favorites to date.Going for the LB after New Years.

Ron
Whistlebritches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:32 AM   #25
CoffeeWaterBeer
Critiquing Perique

First Name: Seth
Trading: (13)
Partagas
CoffeeWaterBeer will become famous soon enough

I'm a couple years late to the party it seems. I had 1792 on my list to try for a while, curious what tonquin was all about and equally intrigued by the love/hate reviews.

I have to say, this is going to be in my regular rotation for quite some time. The full mouth feel of this smoke is no joke, likely from the moisture levels from the new tin. This is a great smoke for those that want some additional flavor without going the Sutliff candy shop route.

I see brief mention of a difference in moisture between tinned and bulk (understandable). How, may I ask, significant is the difference and what effect does this have on the flake? I plan to keep several tins of this for aging but think buying some bulk for when the briar starts screaming "Feed me Seymour".
CoffeeWaterBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #26
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road

been smoking this here at work when i get a chance. bought a tin a while ago when i was regularly going to the GKCPC meetings, and just decided to rub out the entire tin and put it in a mason jar.... smoking it in a BC Lovat that is dedicated to "lakelands", and this is the only lakeland i have right now.

since i don't smoke much anymore, like one pipe a month or so, the nicotine punch can be pretty dramatic, so i only smoke half a bowl and finish the other half in a day or two. this normally wouldn't affect me when i use to smoke more often, but now i'm outta practice and have no tolerance built up.

again, this is top notch tobacco in every aspect, it's just up to whether or not you like the flavor. I've since got a few co-workers/friends hooked on it.