Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
spincycle

Red face Ahhh.. pure bliss.

This is why I love cigars.

I lit up a Taboo Twist, small ring gauge, I think a petite corona. Chocolate, coffee, goodness with a hint of spice. I brewed a coffee, some beans that I picked up from the Dominican, and grab a tiny square of Lindt 70% chocolate.

Oh my.

I couldn't shutup about how great this combo was. Sipping the coffee and nibbling the chocolate just matched the cigar so well. I wish I was more eloquent and could paint my experience with words. Wow. Just wow.

I think I was driving my gf nuts giving her the play by play. So now I'm here typing away about my hour of pure bliss. I just had to share this moment with folks who understand.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
spincycle

Default Re: Ahhh.. pure bliss.

*chirp* *chirp*

No one else has felt like this before? I feel like a dork. And I distinctly joined this board to get more attention.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
Beer Doctor

Those are the best times. I wanted that feeling last night when I smoked but it just wasn't there. I tried two new cigars last night and neither lived up to my expectations. These are the times when I stop sampling for awhile and start smoking what I know I like.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
Hardcz

It's because you're Canadian....

I constantly like drinking coffee, water, and other beverages with my smokes, I found some work better with different sticks. If you like that chocolate, see if you can find some dark chocolate with all I can describe as christmas spices.... hazelnut, ciminininmininn, nutmeg, etc... it'll be even crazier.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spincycle View Post
*chirp* *chirp*

No one else has felt like this before? I feel like a dork. And I distinctly joined this board to get more attention.
I hear ya, Mr. Miyagi.

When my wife joins me on my smoking porch, I sometimes try to describe things to her as I'm smoking, but she doesn't really "get it." "Mmm hmm," is about all she'll say, as she looks at me as if I've just grown an extra head. But at least she's generally polite about it

The only Taboo Twists I've had have been the torp & toro--the huge RG versions! Every time I think to place an order for PCs, they're out. Know what kind of chocolate would go great with one of those bigguns? The good ol' Chunky bars with raisins & nuts!
kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #6
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Sounds awesome. I love those times when it's quiet, I'm having a beverage and a wonderful smoke. The wife and kids are happy and all is right with the world. I wish you thousands of more times just like this one!!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #7
spincycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcz View Post
It's because you're Canadian....
Blame Canada! Blame Canada!

Well, it's nice to know I'm not (that) crazy. Can't wait to get home tonight and try it with a different stick. I'm thinking a Maduro something or other.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Those twists are good. They taste like nutmeg and creamy icing.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
theonlybear4CORT
RIP Nick Montano

First Name: Mike
Trading: (14)
theonlybear4CORT has disabled reputation

your review makes me want to smoke one rite now.
theonlybear4CORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
FrequenC
Look Away! I'm Hideous!!

First Name: Alex
Trading: (9)
PL
FrequenC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is why I love cigars.

I lit up a Taboo Twist, small ring gauge, I think a petite corona. Chocolate, coffee, goodness with a hint of spice. I brewed a coffee, some beans that I picked up from the Dominican, and grab a tiny square of Lindt 70% chocolate.

Oh my.

I couldn't shutup about how great this combo was. Sipping the coffee and nibbling the chocolate just matched the cigar so well. I wish I was more eloquent and could paint my experience with words. Wow. Just wow.

I think I was driving my gf nuts giving her the play by play. So now I'm here typing away about my hour of pure bliss. I just had to share this moment with folks who understand.

Haha I hear ya! I enjoy those moments so much! My gf thinks I'm insane sometimes, she hasn't been turned to the dark side....Yet

I regret are not ordering some of the Taboo Twists with my first order from Rob @ Taboo so I'll have to wait until I can place my next order!

I'm gonna have to try the Cigar + Choco combo, sounds divine!
Old 10-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #11
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Spincycle, that sounds absolutely wonderful. Contact Rob at Taboo and have him send you a 5er of their Dominican Maduro Corona's (5.5x45). I believe this stick with the Lindt will send you off the back porch
Old 10-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #12
spincycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
Spincycle, that sounds absolutely wonderful. Contact Rob at Taboo and have him send you a 5er of their Dominican Maduro Corona's (5.5x45). I believe this stick with the Lindt will send you off the back porch
My next order from Taboo will include the new Dominican Maduros def.

I'm up on the 30th floor actually - so no flying off any porch for me.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #13
AriesOpusX
Goodfella

Trading: (0)
AriesOpusX is on a distinguished road

Thats the best combination. You're right about the wife not understanding, they hardly ever do but thats why we're here.
AriesOpusX is offline   Reply With Quote