Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
Legend

Default Legend side by side perdomo 2 vs perdomo 2 mistake

Perdomo 2 vs perdomo2 mistake from CI.

I was very curious about this because the "mistake" is the only one on CI that states the "only" difference is no band, not box pressed. The rest of the seconds leave some ambiguity with words like usually.

Prelight.

First off the "mistake" is longer and the wrapper is seriously mottled. They taste significantly different prelight. The 2 us smooth and creamy. The mistake earthy. Both got a V cut and the draw on the 2 is significantly better. Drinking a stone IPA with this to clean the pallate between cigars. Let's light them up.

Initial impressions.

The 2 is very smooth. Rich and creamy. Slight ligureo bite. Nice nicaraguan pop. Mistake drew hard so I clipped again. Guillotine now they are about the same side. Very earthy. Smooth. No ligureo bite. Small nicaraguan pop. There is a significant difference. They are definately similar but a bigger difference than most 2nds. Had a buddy here at zarkas doing the side by side with me. He only made it this far and set down the mistake. Wouldn't smoke it anymore. But he is a bit of a stogie snob.

Middle. The mistake has gotten very harsh. And tastes a little dirty. Needs regular purging.
The 2 is staying sweet.
Both burn a little fast. Neither ash held for long. The mistake about 3/4 inch the 2 about an inch. Still smiliar flavor, but very different. The 2 is definately higher quality. Not really a better way to describe it.

Finish.

Mistake harshness mellowed a bit, but still bitter not horribly. Still earthy even a little dirty tasting. The 2 is smooth and still has that nicaraguan pop.

Final thoughts.

The 2 cost me 8 bucks for a single. The mistake under 2 bought in quantity. For 2 bucks a decent yard gar. Mistake legend rating 2. The perdomo 2 is a decent cigar very nice but no block buster legend rating 3.2. I will still get the mistakes, but there is some serious false advertizing.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Legend side by side perdomo 2 vs perdomo 2 mis

Them marketing guys must be doin OK.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
Cigary

Great review as I feel like I smoked them myself. Guess I won't get on the hypemobile
Old 11-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
Great review as I feel like I smoked them myself. Guess I won't get on the hypemobile
Don't know about that. Both still a decent(mistake) and good (regular) cigar. And fitting of their price. Though 8 is a little much for the regular but I bought it as a single.

I like them both.