Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #19
atlharp
Microaggressor

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
HUpmann
atlharp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Estate Pipe Salvage Work: Before/After

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler View Post
I'm not 100% certain that this post belongs in this thread since it wasn't a used/estate pipe but, since I did find it languishing in a dark corner of an out-of-the-way antique store, despairing of ever finding a good home and burning good tobacco (pipes have feelings too you know!) I thought i'd post it here anyway.

Today I picked up this pristine, unsmoked meer for $25 at an antique shop in Virginia. Soon after taking these photos I filled the bowl with my favorite tobacco and fired it up!

There is no name or marking of any kind on this pipe so I have no idea of its provenance. It's also my first meer and I have no experience with meers so I can't even tell if it's block or pressed (can you experienced meer smokers actually tell that at a glance?). I do know that there were no cracks or chips on it and it was completely unsmoked!

Nice find there! It's nice when you find an old treasure like that just laying around unused. I got a Savenelli the other day that was on sale for $42, and it has been smoking nicely!

ATL
atlharp is offline   Reply With Quote