Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-31-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
ripper
Busy doing nothing

First Name: Bart
Trading: (12)
Cohiba
ripper will become famous soon enough
Default Super Bowl lineup

Pastrami reubens on rye bread with kosher pickles, cole slaw & potato salad from Zabar's. All from Zabar's in NYC -- anniversary gift basket from oldest daughter.
Halftime: jalapeno hummus dip, green chile salsa & pico di gallo with blue corn & white corn tortilla chips, plus Hebrew National salami.
New World by AJ robusto, Espinosa Maduro robusto & Don Pepin Garcia Generoso. MOW Puro Authentico maduro in case of OT. There has never been an overtime in 48 Super Bowls.
How about yinz?
Old 01-31-2015, 03:39 PM   #2
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Super Bowl lineup

You had me at pastrami reubens from NYC

The closest proper Jewish deli to me is 2 hours away in San Francisco now that Sam's in Fair Oaks closed (which was still like an hour away). Having grown up with Canter's, Nate n' Al's and Jerry's this hurts.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:43 PM   #3
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Nothing in the SD area, Elijah's used to brine their own corned beef and do their own pastrami but they have switched over to Boar's Head, kept the prices the same, sorry 14 bucks for a deli corned beef sandwich was enough to make me stop going there after 9 years.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

I'm going to smoke some St. Louis ribs for the game. Queso dip, hummus, and veggie tray for grazing during the game. Grilled cilantro-lime shrimp at halftime.
Drinks, TBD. I'll probably be having Guinness.
Depending on how the game goes, I might bust out an Ashton ESG to smoke.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:04 PM   #5
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

I'm gonna be startin the day early, and will firmly be following the "its five o'clock somewhere" philosophy with some Angel's Envy. Gonna be starting the day with a Davidoff Special R Colorado Claro, '01 Party Belvederes, and after that its up in the air, but I'll probably fit in an ECCJ, Anejo Shark, LP No. 9, and something broadleaf from Pepin(I'm a sucker for his broadleaf) amongst the others. Yes, I'll be the first to admit I have a problem, but its a good problem
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:30 PM   #6
rr_coyote
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Kyle
Trading: (1)
rr_coyote is on a distinguished road

I'm going to a pot luck with a bunch of people and even more cigars. I just grabbed a few from my "better" stash. I think I've got an Illusione lance in there, a couple Fuentes... and we're hitting up a B&M before we go to pick up some Stuffed Turkeys.
rr_coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:51 PM   #7
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

It's Tokyo this year for me so I will be sitting in meetings on Monday morning instead of watching. Hopefully it is a good game and enjoy everyone.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:49 AM   #8
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

I'm doing steamer and littleneck clams with Portuguese sausage then oven roasted crab legs with lemon garlic butter sauce. And it wouldn't be the Superbowl without onion soup dip and chips. STK Miami Barracuda and Nat Sherman Epocas for smokes. Go Pats.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:05 AM   #9
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Got up at 330a to put on brisket for supper and baby backs for dinner time. So far I've had McCleland 22, carter hall, and an hupc. Thinking of a liga gifted by badbriar after dinner while finishing the brisket. Does anyone else think the super bowl should coincide with thanksgiving?
Old 02-01-2015, 12:13 PM   #10
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

I'll start with, the Monday after the Super Bowl should be a work holiday.

Nothing remarkable food wise, I'm eating a turkey & Swiss on pumpernickel as I type, watching pre game crap in the background. Have some beef stew in a crockpot.

Going to go have a HUp half corona here in a bit and then maybe a BRC a bit later.

Have not been less enthused about a Super Bowl(I REALLY DISLIKE both teams) & am crossing my fingers that it's a game like the NFC Championship game was, regardless of the winner.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote