Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #23
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Which are the most cigar-friendly states?

There is a complete resource somewhere concerning state taxes.

I'm not sure what Smokin5 meant with this though: "Gotta agree AZ is OK, but unless you're somewhere with a
"grandfathered" smoking lounge, you're out of luck smoking
anywhere inside."

It was my understanding that if you are a smoke shop, you can smoke inside. Perhaps something has changed, but every B&M I've been to has allowed smoking inside. It's true that other businesses (like a bar or restaurant) can not legally allow smoking, but I'm not sure if such a state exists, and even if it does, it's likely that won't last forever.

Phoenix has a couple nice cigar bars. I am fortunate enough to live a few miles from one of the better ones. This place really is a life-saver during the summer months. It's nice to be able to go into a climate controlled bar and have a cigar and whisky They are the only bars you can smoke in and they get away with it because their tobacco sales exceed liquor sales, so they are primarily a tobacconist. During the winter I spend a lot more time on my patio enjoying the nicer weather.

I think Texas and AZ are going to be very similar in terms of being cigar friendly. Both are very gun friendly too, which of course NYC is not. We have some pretty good 'cue also, but nothing can stand up to the legendary Texas barbecue!

Edit: To add, the California recommendations make some valid points in that they seem to have a great community with lots of organized herfs.
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote