Old 01-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #221
drjammer
I love Hockey!!!

First Name: Don
Trading: (0)
Guantanamera
drjammer has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '12 - '13 Thread

Now that we have a season, I would like to give a shout out and good luck to one of my favorite coaches. Good luck to Bob Hartley and the Calgary Flames. You guys are getting one hell of a coach and I truly miss him here in Colorado.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #222
dvickery
Team of 1

First Name: derrek
dvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura about

tom...can you change the thread title from "NHL '12 - '13 Thread" to "NHL '13 Thread".

enough already lets get it started.

derrek
Old 01-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #223
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvickery View Post
tom...can you change the thread title from "NHL '12 - '13 Thread" to "NHL '13 Thread".

enough already lets get it started.

derrek

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #224
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: NHL 2013 Thread

Is Hockey still around????

J/K...If more sports were like hockey, more sports would be interesting! For example, take golf. PLEASE!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #225
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Quack
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #226
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

The B's will give you vouchers for three hot dogs and or some other crap they call food as a thank you for being a good lemming.

It must of been painful for Neely to make that announcement?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #227
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Ooh, $1.50 (real cost) worth of food for your $100 ticket....how generous.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #228
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Old 01-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #229
drjammer
I love Hockey!!!

First Name: Don
Guantanamera
drjammer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Too funny
Old 01-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #230
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:

Screw that, give us some discounted tickets!
Hell yeah! and a hotel so I dont have to drive back after the game!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #231
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
For example, take golf. PLEASE!
Golf is not a sport. If you can play it on a date, or play it while smoking a cigar, it's not a sport. It's a game.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #232
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Golf is not a sport. If you can play it on a date, or play it while smoking a cigar, it's not a sport. It's a game.

I have arguments with a guy at work....I call it a "pastime".

Old 01-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #233
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Wait a minute. I will preface this by saying I have gotten into heated arguments about hockey being the most difficult sport to play given speed, skill, toughness required.

I have seen people play hockey drunk as hell, you could do pickup smoking a stogie, and I have seen couples playing together. While golf is not as physically demanding it is a specialized skill sport. No I dont play, but I think it is a sport as most every scrub cant go out and play effectively.

I would argue of all the sports football basketball and soccer involve the most basic of human skills running, throwing, kicking and catching. Children can do these things easily. Thats why they are thr most popular in my view. Anybody can go outside with a ball and play. Baseball requires more skill as does hockey and golf.

Last edited by Ahbroody; 01-18-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #234
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:

Seriously though, I have a hard time walking and talking, skating and contolling a puck...bad a$$!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #235
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Somebody looks like they been hanging out in San Fran with the hippies
Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #236
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Wait a minute. I will preface this by saying I have gotten into heated arguments about hockey being the most difficult sport to play given speed, skill, toughness required.

I have seen people play hockey drunk as hell, you could do pickup smoking a stogie, and I have seen couples playing together. While golf is not as physically demanding it is a specialized skill sport. No I dont play, but I think it is a sport as most every scrub cant go out and play effectively.

I would argue of all the sports football basketball and soccer involve the most basic of human skills running, throwing, kicking and catching. Children can do these things easily. Thats why they are thr most popular in my view. Anybody can go outside with a ball and play. Baseball requires more skill as does hockey and golf.
I wouldn't get in any sort of heated argument about it cause everyone's allowed to have an opinion in my book, and they're certainly allowed to keep it.
The "can you play it on a date or while you're smoking a cigar" rule is a great way to divide sports from games.
Flag football is kinda like football. You could smoke a cigar and take a date. It's still not a sport, it's a fun game. You can smoke a cigar with a date playing Yahtzee. It sure isn't a sport. You can't win unless you're good, or have "specialized skills". I know that cause Weeze whips my ass on a regular basis. It still ain't a sport.

When we apply the rule, it's applied in the purest sense. I wouldn't take a date to play men's softball. She'd get killed. I wouldn't smoke a cigar because I wouldn't be able to play. Sport.
At picnics we have pick up games of softball. Girls and kids play. Cigar smoking is not only present, it's encouraged. Game.

Ya gotta argue apples to apples, man. If ya jump all over the place I could make an argument for cake baking and putting on a robe being a sport.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #237
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:

Right. I struggle and curse and flail around and check my balls every morning when I get out of bed. I don't call that "Golf".
Old 01-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #238
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
DirecTV is offering the service for four payments of $14.99 compared to the normal rate of four payments of $42.95 for the full season. The prorated discount is nearly 40 percent off the normal price, with DirecTV offering many of the same perks of Center Ice as iN DEMAND.
Apparently due to contractual issues with cable and satellite, the NHL offering it free for this season was never going to happen. At $59.96 for the season, I willl likely keep it.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #239
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

They're handing out championship rings in LA right now. Then they get spanked by the Hawks.
I'd like to go in and watch the Pens, I'm gonna have to catch it after the first period.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #240
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

So far, so good for Game 1.

Closed Thread