Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #1081
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Awesome sequence, Scott....

Outdoor games.....COLD.... Is that a warming tent I see?
Those tents were the locker rooms, they were heated. There is a building there as well with snack bar, seating etc etc but bleachers outside the building made it impossible to watch the games from inside.

Here are some more from that day. The first one is after another big hit, the photographer missed the actual hit though

This one cracks me up. The ref's reaction is funny, and the puck is way up in the air, not sure what was going on here:

And a couple from the game earlier in the day:

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #1082
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Really great stuff there!
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #1083
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Awesome photos Scott. Kid wants to play out doors. All the outdoor stuff has been having him say he wishes he could play it outside.

We got sucked back in to play roller this weekend. His old inline team is trying to win the NARCH West Coast Winter National event. He plays ice with like half the kids on the inline team. They can't beat the team coming from SoCal without him so he is going to play for free in the hopes of winning the tournament. The kid who doesn't like playing roller is being brought in to try to win a tournament.

Last edited by Ahbroody; 01-16-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:10 AM   #1084
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

^^^ Nice, Mike....
Old 01-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #1085
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

URL=http://s23.photobucket.com/user/ahbroody/media/20140120_111825.jpg.html][/url]
Old 01-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #1086
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

AWESOME, Mike! Congrats to M!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #1087
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

We almost bailed after game one drama. Its irritating when people and kids expect your kid to be a savior. He had a mental breakdown in the first game resulting in the game losing goal. He was pissed as a couple of useless kids and a parent said something. Nevermind the kids were crap who had no impact on game or that in a 4-3 loss M had a goal and the only assist on the second goal. He came home basically in tears. That combined with other drama had me remember why we don't pay roller much anymore.

They went in as the second seed. M played D in championship game and they won 3-1. He completely shut down the other teams top line and tormented their sniper.

NARCH Facebook photo
Old 01-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #1088
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

So cool.... Great pic!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #1089
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Youth equipment for sale

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/spo/4307355005.html
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” Acts 10:13
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:15 AM   #1090
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

This CCM Promo is pretty cool.... It's about HS Hockey in Minnesota. https://www.facebook.com/CCMHockey/app_432387213452269

A few pics from the last week of so....

This is after the first playoff game of the season. The Boys crushed(as expected) and wanted a photo with the fans. The picture doesn't do the crowd justice, as it is well after handshakes, thank you to the crowd ect. These are just some of the kids that stuck around. Place was standing room only during the game. It is REALLY neat the amount of support they get from the community. It is unlike any other program in the State. I overheard on of the travel kids that plays with my son, who was there watching, saying how unreal the crowd/noise was during the game.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #1091
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

She loves her cellys.

M got asked to play on a spring tournament team which is going to Vancouver. I can't believe I did it, but I said yes. The main reason is we are hopefully going to start playing for junior sharks next year and this will be most of the kids who are likely to make the team as well as the likely coach. Fully expect to get pounded but the boy is excited to go.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #1092
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

^^^ Mike, I cannot wait to hear the stories and see pics! Going to be a great experience!
Old 02-21-2014, 01:43 AM   #1093
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

GREAT last week.... Relative, won some, lost some....but both kids have played REALLY WELL. Not even scoring(which they have done), but just playing hockey!

Little One, middle top....pretty happy about her brother putting the good guys in the lead....

Old 02-21-2014, 01:45 AM   #1094
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Little One scores with the boys for the 1st time this season. Scores a TON with the girls, but playing D with the boys, just hasn't lit the lamp....

Think she's happy....

Old 02-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #1095
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Good stuff as always.

M is playing baseball this year first time since tball 2 years ago. Goes to first practice and decides he wants to be the catcher FML. Thankfully they have another kid who also wants to catch so it looks like he will split time. His coach seems to really like him and is having him play 1st base also. Was hoping he woukd be a second baseman like dad.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:46 PM   #1096
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Good stuff as always.

M is playing baseball this year first time since tball 2 years ago. Goes to first practice and decides he wants to be the catcher FML. Thankfully they have another kid who also wants to catch so it looks like he will split time. His coach seems to really like him and is having him play 1st base also. Was hoping he woukd be a second baseman like dad.
Baseball, nice! I'm not a player, but have always loved going to games. I am sure he is going to crush! Don't let the catcher thing get in his head and want to get between the pipes....

We're done.... Been a hell of a ride the past 4 years with the M on his chest..

Old 02-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #1097
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Heading to Telluride for a girls hockey tournament. Will be the first time ever that the Terrorist will skate in a game with only girls on the ice. I am really looking forward to seeing how it shakes out. 3rd year Mite(U8) playing in a Pee Wee(U12) tourney, I think she'll crush!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:54 AM   #1098
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

CHAMPIONS!

Old 04-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #1099
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Bought the Little One some Reebok Ribcor 28K's.

Though marketed as a lower volume boot as opposed to the regular Reebok's in the past, to me, it doesn't appear to be so. The Little One has a wide foot(like her brother and dad). I was not aware, until after, that they were supposedly lower volume, so went with D width, as opposed to EE(what she has wore with her Bauer Vapors & brother wears with his Bauer Supremes). I wear D width in my Reeboks.

Anyway, fit is great. Early returns in skating was better than I expected on her 1st skate with them. Little foot pain early, by the end of the practice(1.25 hours), she said they felt great. Didn't seem to notice the extra height(4mm) with the SpeedBlade 4.0 holders or new steel.

The boot is not as stiff as her previous Bauer Vapor X5.0's, which surprised me, assumed they would be about equal.

Also picked her up the Reebok 20K bag, which she thinks is pretty neat. She had bag envy of all the kids with the Grit bags in the lockerroom.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:29 AM   #1100
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Nice grab. My understanding is that only the actual ribcor model not the 28k or 30k had the different fit. This created some confusion. That said I wonder if it holds true on jrs. As far as stiffness thats what I was wondering about as I debated these. These are 16k replacements. Im guessing the 30k will be stiffer more like Micahs current 18ks. I bought him the new Graf 5035s but they were huge for. He tried on his buddys CCM CLs in the same size and they were considerably smaller. Now im left with a skate dilema.

next week heading to Vancouver for a tournament. Should be fun. Then LA for memorial day with a different team.