Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #11
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fourth Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post
Scott, my rant was in no way to get you to quit. And by reading your reply, the problem is people not communicating. As commissioner and cocommissioner you and Cole, should just say to the people that couldn't follow the very simple rules, that they are not welcome back.
And tell the people that are in communication is the key. If they know there will be weeks at a time that they can't send an email or worse the pass this league isn't for them.
I am sorry you have had so many problems in the past. I did not realize that many people did not follow a simply rule of doing the right thing and communicating.
Thanks for all your hard work
Coach
Ok gents,

Before anyone jumps ship (anyone other than Stephen who just can't do it this year), I wanted to say a couple things...

This has been a great league over the years, and I was fortunate enough to jump in last year, so I am very excited to either be in charge this year, or help the person that is in charge. That said, I sent an email to Scott to see if I can beg him back into the league. Mike, I don't think your post was intended to make people mad...but the previous talks with Scott has allowed me to see that this is somewhat of a difficult league to run because people do not stay vested and being the "azzhole" who has to track someone down because they didn't pay up their bets, their entries, or they are stalling on the pass makes it a pain and a lot of work for someone who just wants to have a fun league that brings sticks to the troops.

That said, I don't think that the actual "rules" of the fantasy league are changing much this year. I think we should go back to the free for all waivers set up, and the rest of the rules that have changed slightly (biggest being the QB scoring) won't really require anyone to read the rules.

I think what the big concern is here is that people:
1.) Get their entry sticks in BEFORE the season starts
2.) Pay up on their bets
3.) Don't hold up, lose, destroy, or otherwise hurt the pass that is worth $400+ and a VERY COOL part of this league.

That said, we all know Scott is a generous brother, and doesn't like to upset others. I also am generous and kind...however, I think we need to be strict about the above listed rules 1-3. If you can't get your sh!t together, then we may just ask that you are not in the league the next year. We all want to have fun, and it sucks if 1 or 2 people aren't as committed to the next guy in line, or to the troops.

I think we will still have a full league this year, and hopefully everyone comes back. I will give this post about 3-5 days for comment and then I will finalize everything in the league and get everyone the results of the rule updates and pass rules. Then...we can actually have fun talking crap and playing football...and smoking some d@mn fine cigars in the process!!

Also, since Stephen is out, I would like Tony Jarvis to take his place. I can vouch for Tony, so I will send him a PM letting him know some of the "important" things.

Finally, I assure you guys that I can keep everything in order for this league. I don't have room to store sticks, but dagnabit, if I have to, I'll go get a cooler and some beads to make sure everything is taken care of