Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
GKitty
JAFO

First Name: Crystal
Trading: (8)
HdM
GKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really nice
Default Breast Cancer Patient Protection Petition...

I was going to post this in the Ladies Wing, but then I realized this is a cause we can all get behind as it's one that affects so many lives.

The Bipartisan Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act Needs Your Support!
Representatives Rosa DeLauro (D-Connecticut) and Joe Barton (R-Texas) and Senators Mary Landrieu (D-Louisiana) and Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) recently re-introduced the bipartisan Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act in Congress. Thanks to its viewers, Lifetime has so far collected more than 23 million online petition signatures urging Congress to pass this critical legislation, which would end the practice of so-called "drive-through" mastectomies when women are forced out of the hospital only hours after invasive breast cancer surgery.

Please take a moment to sign the petition: http://www.mylifetime.com/my-lifetim...ancer-petition .

It frustrates me the way our healthcare system today forces hospitals to turn beds as if they were tables in a resturaunt where higher headcounts means higher profits.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
Joan

Default Re: Breast Cancer Patient Protection Petition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKitty View Post

Please take a moment to sign the petition: http://www.mylifetime.com/my-lifetim...ancer-petition .
Done.

"be my support. be my strength. BE MY BRA." <---that there is a funny slogan. Wish I'd thought of it!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Signed. I saw a relative suffer after her insurance limited her hospital stay. Hopefully this will pass and this Congress will finally gear itself to doing the work of the people. As a side note, the site is very slow and I found that I could get in faster by hitting refresh about after 30 seconds from hitting the link.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
GKitty
JAFO

First Name: Crystal
Trading: (8)
HdM
GKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really nice

Thanks for the tip, Paul.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

First Name: Tanith
Trading: (26)
HdM
TanithT will become famous soon enoughTanithT will become famous soon enough

Signed.

I've been involved on the raw materials end in some work on Contortrostatin, a new and highly promising breast cancer drug made from the venom of Agkistrodon contortrix, eg, copperheads. Hopefully the snakes and venom I collected will help some women with an early detection diagnosis not have to get a mastectomy in the first place.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
Wanger

Signed...my mom died of cancer...not breast cancer, but nevertheless, any cancer breakthroughs and improvement in treatment are welcomed by me.