Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-19-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Chinchallero robusto

This 5 x 48 Nicaraguan cigar isn't available on the Dutch market, except for one shop in Amsterdam. They got a few boxes from Germany when their coorporation was looking for cigars to release on the Dutch market as a try out. The cigar has a pricetag of 3 euro.

The cigar, wrapped in cellophane, has a good construction and a pale wrapper with a big vein. The band is simple and is a Partagas lookalike. The cigar smells like hay, wood and a little bit of chocolate.

I can taste a little musty hay flavor with a little bit of pepper on the background. The musty flavor fades away after a few puffs and the pepper gets a bit stronger. After half an inch I get a metallic flavor and after an inch I can taste dry hay with wood, the pepper is gone.

Halfway I can no longer taste the metallic flavor and the pepper returns. A few puffs more and I can taste chocolate and the pepper gets stronger. The texture is quite dry. The hay gains some power too. At the end the chocolate disappears and the pepper gains more power.

The draw is a bit too hard and I think that is the reason I only get a little bit of smoke, although it gets better the further the cigar is smoked. The smoke is also kind of thin. The band is a Partagas rip off. The ash is quite light but with dark spots and quite firm. This little medium bodied medium flavored cigar didn't last me an hour and the smoke had a strange chocolate smell to it.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yeah, just a few. If you want a cheap, simple cigar to kill some time, this is a cigar I would grab.

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Chinchallero robusto

Well done Don, another one I probably would have never heard of!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
adampc22

Default Re: Chinchallero robusto

can get then here but thay have a blue label the 4x60 used to be one of my favs