Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 12-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #261
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy Season 3 - DISCUSSION THREAD

Now THAT was an ending! FINALLY!
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:36 AM   #262
rennD
NinfaManiac

First Name: Carl
Trading: (19)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about

Great ending! Way better than last season. It's was the ending for two seasons.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 AM   #263
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Wow, what an ending! I will wait until tomorrow to talk about it in case those of you who haven't seen it yet wont get the spoilers.
I am guessing everyone has seen it by now. I can't believe they killed off Clay. Well, I guess Jax is in charge next season.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:00 AM   #264
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I am guessing everyone has seen it by now. I can't believe they killed off Clay. Well, I guess Jax is in charge next season.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #265
trader1974
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Austin
Trading: (4)
trader1974 is on a distinguished road

Wrapped up alot of loose ends with that finish! Very nice!
trader1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #266
DennisP
Come Get It

Trading: (17)
HUpmann
DennisP will become famous soon enoughDennisP will become famous soon enough

Great finish, made up for what I thought was a mediocre season (by SoA standards). Like rennD said, good wrap up, I was worried we didn't get that.

Very glad to see Stahl dead, character was great, but they took her too far and used her too often just for plot.

I assume that Opie and Chibs would still serve the time for the gun charges like everyone else, just get arrested later? It's not like they'll just forget their names were on the original arrests.
DennisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #267
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Remember... Opie never got arrested for the original gun charge. He had left before the Police arrived... he was following Zobel.

And it may be that Chibs was not there either... wasn't he still in the hospital?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisP View Post
Great finish, made up for what I thought was a mediocre season (by SoA standards). Like rennD said, good wrap up, I was worried we didn't get that.

Very glad to see Stahl dead, character was great, but they took her too far and used her too often just for plot.

I assume that Opie and Chibs would still serve the time for the gun charges like everyone else, just get arrested later? It's not like they'll just forget their names were on the original arrests.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #268
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

Should have dumped the mag into her skull.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #269
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

I am kinda torn about Stahl. She is just the type of bat $hit crazy character that makes you love to hate her.

I kept thinking that the club had something up their sleeve, but didn't think the story would play out that way, without Jemma knowing about it.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #270
GKitty
JAFO

First Name: Crystal
Trading: (8)
HdM
GKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really nice

This season has been an excercise in going with the script for me. There were a few points where I would have written it differently, but Kurt Sutter I am not... and Thank, God!! I feel like having seen the finale, I can go back through the season with new eyes. Some of the things that left me scratching my head, might now make perfect sense. I can't wait to have an SOA marathon with my DVR.

Ok, one last time, for old time's sake... F*#@ Stahl!! I've hated her since day 1 and to see her finally dealt with makes me all warm and fuzzy. I'm glad Opie got to the be the one to pull the trigger. I feel like there was closure in that for him and it clears the way for an Opie-Layla story. Maybe, she'll make better friends.

Season 3 felt like a chess game to me. Opening moves pretty standard and unexciting. Middle game of jockeying for position and setting traps. And then.... Snap! Boom! Crash!!... wtf was that?!! Checkmate?! YES!!! I know a lot of people hated the whole baby-chasing storyline, but it introduced us to a lot of new faces, dug up some old history, and prepared the way for next season. There's a whole new array of characters to play with.

YMMV, but I think this season was absolutely brilliant. It takes a great writer to set up a picture that big and make all the pieces fit together right. Where last season's finale left me pissed off and anxious to know what happened next, this season's left me satisfied and looking forward to the next chapter. I can't wait to see what Sutter has in store up ahead. I heart Charlie Hunnam as an actor (not just because he's hot) and I wanna be Gemma when I grow up.

How many days until September?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Remember... Opie never got arrested for the original gun charge. He had left before the Police arrived... he was following Zobel.

And it may be that Chibs was not there either... wasn't he still in the hospital?
I'm pretty certain Chibs wasn't there.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #271
DennisP
Come Get It

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post

You're right, totally forgot.

Can they vote on membership with only the few not in jail?
Old 12-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #272
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

They opened a whole new story line with the Russians.

ETA: Just saw this: S4 teaser. jax gets out of jail, realizes the russians took his wallet, we go to moscow for 7 eps to find it, he falls in love with borscht.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #273
GKitty
JAFO

HdM
GKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really nice

Quote:
You're right, totally forgot.

Can they vote on membership with only the few not in jail?
They can. Remember Kozik and Tig had a conversation about that on the "playground".
Old 12-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #274
DennisP
Come Get It

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKitty View Post
They can. Remember Kozik and Tig had a conversation about that on the "playground".
I remember the conversation about Tig not being able to vote because he can't ride (license suspended), but not on them going to jail.

Wondering if we'll see more Kozik.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #275
GKitty
JAFO

HdM

Quote:
I remember the conversation about Tig not being able to vote because he can't ride (license suspended), but not on them going to jail.

Wondering if we'll see more Kozik.
No, Tig can vote, which is why Kozik isn't in now. He blocked him the two times they tried to vote him in. I wonder if we'll ever get the rest of the story about Tig's girl Missy.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #276
DennisP
Come Get It

HUpmann

Quote:
No, Tig can vote, which is why Kozik isn't in now. He blocked him the two times they tried to vote him in. I wonder if we'll ever get the rest of the story about Tig's girl Missy.
I know he could, but he's also riding. They kind of dropped the whole his license is suspended thing after Kozik mentioned it.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #277
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
She was his dog, don't you remember the picture he pulled out of his wallet on the porch swing, Crystal?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #278
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

The one thing I don't get in the episode last night, maybe it was tipping their hand a bit. During the chase scene with the club/Russians, the Feds pull out and block the road. The club stops, guy driving the van gets on the bike with Tig(?) and they ride through the road block, as the Feds waive them through. Made me scratch my head at first, but then made sense at the end. Anyone else think that?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #279
rennD
NinfaManiac

First Name: Carl
Trading: (19)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
The one thing I don't get in the episode last night, maybe it was tipping their hand a bit. During the chase scene with the club/Russians, the Feds pull out and block the road. The club stops, guy driving the van gets on the bike with Tig(?) and they ride through the road block, as the Feds waive them through. Made me scratch my head at first, but then made sense at the end. Anyone else think that?
Yea that is right. If the club didnt know about the deal, how'd they know to drive through as quickly as they did? Great point Chainsaw.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #280
DennisP
Come Get It

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
I didn't get that. Jax told Stahl to do it this way so the club doesn't think he ratted, that it looks like they're going after the Russians. But, would they really leave a van with Jimmy O. that easily and just take off if that was the case? Does Stahl not see how planned it was for Juice to jump out of the van and on a bike and take off?

Also, there was a huge box of guns in that van, what happened to that, or does the ATF just ignore it for them here?