Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 08-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
Ferrari5180 is on a distinguished road
Default PC Games on Sale (RO:2, Deus:EX, Dead Island, CIV:5)

Hello,

I am always looking for people to play some PC games online. I use Steam, so if you would like to play sometime, just send me a private message. This is getting posted here because passing game savings to fellow inmates is the least I can do, and because I am sure at least some of you like to play online/pc games. I found this website:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=cirobiqe

Coupon Code: 20SUMMERSAVINGS

The games can be bought at over 50% off. You also get a free 5$ with your purchase. Almost all games can be activated on Steam. I hope I can make some friends, as I never grow old of games, they're just too fun.
Ferrari5180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
mariogolbee

Default Re: PC Games on Sale (RO:2, Deus:EX, Dead Island, CIV:5)

Does the coupon code give you %50 off, $5 with your purchase of one or more games, or something else?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Hello Mario,

The website has 20-75% off on most items. On top of that, the coupon gives you an additional 20% off. Once you purchase a game, you also get 5$ to spend on your next purchase, on top of the same additional % savings again.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari5180 View Post
Hello Mario,

The website has 20-75% off on most items. On top of that, the coupon gives you an additional 20% off. Once you purchase a game, you also get 5$ to spend on your next purchase, on top of the same additional % savings again.
Interesting. I was looking around and there are some nice titles. I don't have too much power on my laptop, though. I'll take another look later.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Yeah, great deals going around. I purchased myself Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. Not only is this going to be a hell of a good war game/simulation, but the developers (Tripwire) are nothing but good people who care about the community and actually talk to people. I also picked up Renegade Ops for 10$ with a coupon.

Keep in mind that the requirements on that website are usually above the actual, just to be 100% certain.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
mariogolbee

Will do.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
mariogolbee

I don't think Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad would run very well on my laptop. I have an ATI HD 2700 (I think) in it. Oh well.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Hello Mario once again

Here is a website that will help you check you computer compatibility very quickly.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

You can check with almost every game. This should make is easy for you to choose games based on your pc perfomance/hardware.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #9
mariogolbee

Thank you, Carlo! I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I didn't visit the link just yet, but I will when I get back home.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

You are welcome.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #11
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Just a note that the discount code has changed to:

HAPPYPAYDAYSITE
Old 09-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #12
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Oh man, how did I miss this??
Old 09-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #13
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

This is the first that I have heard of Green Man Gaming.

When you say they can be activated on steam - do you mean that I can plug in my CD key through steam and save it to my account/download the game that way or that I can select to "add a non steam game" and save it in my steam games list?
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:23 AM   #14
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
This is the first that I have heard of Green Man Gaming.

When you say they can be activated on steam - do you mean that I can plug in my CD key through steam and save it to my account/download the game that way or that I can select to "add a non steam game" and save it in my steam games list?
Posted via Mobile Device
You actually get a CD key in which you can activate on Steam. The game then stays on your Steam account forever. This website carries mostly Steamworks games, which means that all games you purchase will be linked to your account. Thanks for asking.

Also, the sale is not over yet. So, you can all still get some great games at the link above. Enjoy!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #15
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Emjaysmash,

No you did not miss this. Use the original code of:

Discount Code: 20SUMMERSAVINGS

under the vouchers area.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #16
jaxstraww

When you get RO on Steam you get 2 genuine TF2 items. Would I still get the same free content that Steam gives for buying?
Old 09-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #17
safariguy
There's one. Set for stun

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
safariguy will become famous soon enoughsafariguy will become famous soon enough

I sometimes wish I was already retired and sitting in a nursing home with nothing to do so that I could just game all the time and let someone else cook my meals.
safariguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #18
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxstraww View Post
When you get RO on Steam you get 2 genuine TF2 items. Would I still get the same free content that Steam gives for buying?
Yes, this website applies all the goodies that Steam offers with the exception of TF2 hats. TF2 hats are a Steam exclusive only, as valve has the rights to their own games. If not getting 2 virtual pixelated hats does not bother you, go for RO2 on GMG. You still get all the extra guns etc. Apart from that, Tripwire, the awesome developers also make more money off Steam. As much as I love Steam, Valve likes to take a bigger piece of the pie than they deserve. Thank you for asking.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:32 AM   #19
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari5180 View Post
Yes, this website applies all the goodies that Steam offers with the exception of TF2 hats. TF2 hats are a Steam exclusive only, as valve has the rights to their own games. If not getting 2 virtual pixelated hats does not bother you, go for RO2 on GMG. You still get all the extra guns etc. Apart from that, Tripwire, the awesome developers also make more money off Steam. As much as I love Steam, Valve likes to take a bigger piece of the pie than they deserve. Thank you for asking.
You obviously don't play TF2 if you don' think the hats are a bid deal! And your totally off base with Valves cut of the profits, in fact here's what the guys from tripwire said:

http://www.destructoid.com/tripwire-...s-151832.phtml

Anyways, seeing as how Valve is private company, nobody knows the exact numbers, but considering how large the service has become with both big and small devs i'd say its pretty reasonable. So if you have the money, don't buy an Indie game like RO on sale, support the devs!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #20
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
You obviously don't play TF2 if you don' think the hats are a bid deal! And your totally off base with Valves cut of the profits, in fact here's what the guys from tripwire said:

http://www.destructoid.com/tripwire-...s-151832.phtml

Anyways, seeing as how Valve is private company, nobody knows the exact numbers, but considering how large the service has become with both big and small devs i'd say its pretty reasonable. So if you have the money, don't buy an Indie game like RO on sale, support the devs!
That was a little uncalled for and rude might I add. I do own TF2 and have hats, including the Tripwire ones. However, you are right, I do not play TF2 because the game has lost focus and is nothing but a money making machine for valve with items. In fact, I think the game would do just fine with the name "Hat Fortress 2". There is also a typo in my last comment, one that I did not notice. I meant to say that devs usually make less off Steam as Valve takes a larger piece of the pie. I am not going to sit here and tell you what to do, but I just posted a link to make people on this website save and open doors to those who do not have a large disposable income.

Also, in case you wanted to know. If the game is 10$ cheaper elsewhere and not on Steam, its highly likely (not always though) that the website selling the game is taking the monetary loss unless its a dev/distributor promotion, rather than the developers to attract customers and whatnot. I hope you did buy the game, and also hope you enjoy the beta as much as I do.

For the rest of you fellow inmates, the deal is still up and enjoy! Thanks.