Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough
Default CAO 'VR' Cathedral

This is a very nice looking torpedo, with a deep dark wrapper. Although the wrapper looks like it has been painted because there are several blotchy spots. It has a band at the foot and I'm not sure what the design represents.

Starting off, I get a subtle hint of chocolate. It reminds me of Hershey's Cocoa. I also get that great maduro flavor from the wrapper. There is also a lite note of pepper. Seems like an odd mixture.

The ash looks incredibly white, next to the deep dark wrapper. A little further along and I am getting a very nice creamy caramel flavor. So much so, that if I didn't know any better, I would think I had a caramel chew in my mouth.

I had no burn issues up to this point, but that would soon change. As I got into the final 3rd, there was a brief moment of very strong pepper. I wasn't sure where this cigar was going. But it quickly reverted to the lite cocoa flavor, which remained till the end. I was glad to see that I made it through another torpedo, without having it unroll on me. Burn issues aside, I enjoyed this cigar.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: CAO 'VR' Cathedral

Great review, I have not had one of these but I will hopefully pickup some.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Never had a VR. CAO has been hit or miss with me. Thanks for the review.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Another nice review, Nick. I like these, the regular Black, and the Brazilia.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote