Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough
Default Cusano Originale Xclusivo

I received a 5er yesterday from a friendly wager on the 9ers/Packers game. Yes, I'm a 9ers fan, and yes they lost, BUT I took the 6.5 point spread

This stick had a very different aroma from the rest of the smokes in the package and I couldn't wait to burn it. The aroma was a very strong woodsy smell. Pre-light draw was just a bit tight, probably due to the small foot of this smoke.

The first 3rd fallowed the aroma of the cigar. It was a flavor that reminded of Oak. It seemed a bit harsh, but that could have been from the way it was lit. There was also a bit of tunneling for the entire first 3rd.

The second 3rd of the cigar went from an Oak flavor to a coffee flavor. The harshness was gone and the tunneling also went away. The draw was now quite nice and an ample amount of smoke filled the air. The ash held quite nicely and didn't fall till about half way through the entire cigar.

The last 3rd was quite a contrast to the first third. The taste became very smooth and creamy. This was the flavor for the remainder of the cigar. This smoke lasted about an hour and turned out to be quite enjoyable. It was perfect for a first thing in the morning cigar.

I did absolutely zero research on this cigar, so I couldn't even tell you where it's from or what's in it. So this is pretty much very very humble opinion on this.
Montano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cusano Originale Xclusivo

Damn fine review Nick!!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Mac. This is the first time I've ever done a cigar review. I hope to do many more and hopefully learn a bit more as I do each one.
Montano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
Azpostal
Feeling at Home

First Name: Don
Trading: (9)
Army (Served With Honor)
Azpostal is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pics and review Nick.
Azpostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
SkinsFanLarry

Nice review and pic's Nick!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #6
tuxpuff
Feeling at Home

First Name: Luke
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
tuxpuff will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the review. Thats a rough looking smoke...glad it turned out well for you!
tuxpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
Uflbassin

I am currently smoking one I got from longknocker in a bomb a few weeks ago. Not ususally the flavor profile I look for, but not bad nonetheless. Thanks for the review.