Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #81
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your greatest accomplishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSledn View Post
This is one of the greatest threads I have ever read. Many congrats to everyone and your achievements/accomplishments.

I have a few also.

1. Being the first in my family to attend college.
2. My husband/marriage. He's half my heart and my world.
3. Mine and Sledn's son Zachary. He's the other half of my heart and of my world.
4. Quitting smoking cigarettes in September of 2009, after smoking on and off from the age of 12. 22 years and I quit cold turkey. I have the craving for one every now and then and miss it at times. But in a few weeks, 8 months clean.
5. Still a work in progress... But, beating panic attacks that turned into panic disorder. It changed my life along with my family's. But I strive to make the most of everyday. To be the happiest I can be. And to love my husband and son, along with my family and friends.
That's great stuff, Cathy. Your family should get extra points for just being so damned cute.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #82
tomc3084
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (26)
tomc3084 is on a distinguished road

I was addicted to heroin, have been sober for 6+ years. That is my greatest accomplishment. Great Thread!
tomc3084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #83
Tredegar
Sing along with me

Trading: (9)
Tredegar is on a distinguished road

Married for almost 4 years now.

Finding God about 10 years ago.
Tredegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #84
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonMilo View Post

My biggest accomplishment will be happening in a few weeks. I signed up for a bone marrow registry a few years ago and recently came up as a match. Although I don't know who the recipient is (they keep it anonymous), I feel fortunate to be able to help give them a second chance.
Awesome gesture, Jake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
Got clean off of coke & heroin back in Jan of 1990. Went from living in my car (all my worldly possessions I still had fit in the trunk) at the time, to forming my own service corporation in the high tech industry 6 years ago. Talk about starting over from scratch.
We are all glad you are here with us, Kelly.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #85
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Awesome gesture, Jake.

We are all glad you are here with us, Kelly.

Im glad Im here with you guys too

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #86
klipsch

6 years plus clean and sober, living with some health issues that I rather not discuss, and not being a whiny ass about it.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #87
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Being the best husband & father I can each and every day.

Chris.....
Old 04-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #88
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

1. 24 years of marriage to my soulmate (Kellie) and still going strong!!
2. Surviving 23+ years in the Army!!
3. Raising my children to become great young adults
Old 04-17-2010, 02:46 AM   #89
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
pmwz is on a distinguished road

my work at a school with severely disabled children for the last 1.5 years.
pmwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #90
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough

I would say my own best was getting my Eagle Scout as a teenager, and then years later having the know-how at the right time to use my emergency medical skills to keep a person alive after seeing a nasty car wreck on the highway.

Only thing I regret is never knowing the person's full name. Only knew his first name, Mark, and that was the last time I ever saw him again.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #91
eber
Have My Own Room

First Name: Erik
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
eber will become famous soon enough

My accomplishment is not as big as some/most on here but mine is being cigarette free for almost 2 years, quit cold turkey, found cigars, never looked back.
eber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #92
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

I posted a while back but I finally finish pharmacy school in 4 weeks

I'll be married for 4 years in June (best decision I'll ever have made)

And I got selected to serve in the USAF as a pharmacist (after months of paperwork) and will begin in January 2011

so as far as short term goals go, check, check, and check
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #93
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Running into burning buildings when everyone else was running out...

Last edited by Neuromancer; 04-19-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Neuromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #94
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

What an encouraging thread. Not sure how I've missed it for a year and a half. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

My wife and I had some tough marital issues about 10 years ago. Came to a point where we basically looked at each other and said, "stay, or go?" We decided to try to work it out. We got marriage counselling, made a plan to work out our differences, and stuck to it. I can't begin to say how glad I am we decided to stay together. I am deeply, devotedly in love with this woman.

Our joy, and sometimes our heartache, has been the adoption of our son Thor. He has made our lives immeasurably rich. Thor has serious physical and developmental disabilities. He is unable to eat orally, and has microcephally, an underdeveloped head and brain. Early on it was uncertain that he would live. In his first 2 years he had been in the hospital 90 days and had 8 operations. By God's grace and the skill of excellent doctors, Thor is now three and one-half, and is growing and developing. He is still unable to eat orally, and will never be "normal", but he is doing very well in comparison to how he had been. The Bible says that our children are our inheritance. I don't fully understand what that means, but I know that my happiness is complete, and that my joy is overflowing. If I died tonight, I would die a happy man.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #95
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

/\
||

Old 04-21-2010, 04:52 AM   #96
jdakine
Sawadee

First Name: Jay
Trading: (34)
Partagas
jdakine has a spectacular aura aboutjdakine has a spectacular aura aboutjdakine has a spectacular aura about

My greatest accomplishment was on August 20, 1993, when I realized that I needed help with my drug addiction and started my first day of sobriety. That day changed my life for ever. I have a good job, beautiful wife of 8 years, great friends and family and live my life to the fullest.
Had I not made this change I would have been dead or in prison.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #97
Cigary

Accomplishments in life are noteworthy if they enhance your life to be a better person or help you move on to do better things. I was able to retire at the early age of 42 after working for 25 years at a job where I worked a lot of 16 hour days. Everything is relative in what you do and how you do it and the only significant thing in life is what you do for others...not yourself. When you come to the end of your days the only thing that you will draw comfort from is who you loved and what you did for others to pay things forward...the ultimate accomplishment. I have seen too many people and talked with those who would have traded in every accomplishment of merit they ever received to end their life with just those two things I talked about
Old 04-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #98
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

I celebrate my 25 wedding anniversary on May 05 to a great woman. Secondly, a 20 year career in the Navy. It definitly kept me from wearing an orange jumpsuit for at least one year and possibly more.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:42 AM   #99
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

First Name: Marc
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
Parshooter will become famous soon enough

Hole in one
shooting par (9 holes)
staying married, with no major problems, for almost 19 years
Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #100
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
Accomplishments in life are noteworthy if they enhance your life to be a better person or help you move on to do better things. I was able to retire at the early age of 42 after working for 25 years at a job where I worked a lot of 16 hour days. Everything is relative in what you do and how you do it and the only significant thing in life is what you do for others...not yourself. When you come to the end of your days the only thing that you will draw comfort from is who you loved and what you did for others to pay things forward...the ultimate accomplishment. I have seen too many people and talked with those who would have traded in every accomplishment of merit they ever received to end their life with just those two things I talked about
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?" Luke 95
That's an age old warning that keeps playing out time and time again. I'm about as stubborn as they come, but that's one guy who I never found to be wrong, no matter how hard I test his insight.
And I definately test it.
That's real good stuff you laid down, brother. Thank You.