Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 01-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
WaxingMoon
Humidor Builder

First Name: Ed
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
WaxingMoon will become famous soon enoughWaxingMoon will become famous soon enough
Default New Year

First of all, I want to thank everybody for an excellent year in 2010... I learned a lot along the way and hopefully made a few people happy...

2011 should bring a lot of changes in the Waxing Moon Woodshop....

What started out as a backyard shop in a shed a year or so ago has become a 1200 square foot woodshop in a commercial zone... And, I have been busy.

Busy to the point that I have decided to partner up with a local woodworker named Jay Buchholz.... Jay has 20+ years experience as an interior trim carpenter and cabinet maker. Interior trim in Charleston is nothing to sneeze at.... as exacting standards must be followed to keep the historical significance in tact. Jay has worked on many historical homes.

I plan on giving my notice at my day job within the next month as well so that Jay & I can focus on taking care of the business of cigar storage...

We will soon be able to take on the many requests for wine cooler trays and drawers. I have agreed to a couple of builds so Jay can get his brain wrapped around them and then we will develop pricing and publish the pricing on my website.... We're a couple of weeks away from opening the flood gates on that....

For the time being, I will continue to focus on the desk top humidors and a lot of the hardwood detail work that we do... and Jay will focus on the Foot Locker, trays & he also plans on coming up with a cabinet or two....

It's going to be an exciting year at Waxing Moon and we are serious about doing what needs to be done.... We may even hire somebody if the tray thing gets going - like we think it will....

Wish us luck - as 2011 will be "the year"!

Here's a picture of Jay... resawing a piece of wood on the bandsaw. He's a quiet fellow and all about getting it done.... and he knows his stuff.... Exactly what I need to expand Waxing Moon Wood.....

Old 01-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
Superbad
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (53)
PL
Superbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New Year

Best wishes for your new venture! Stepping out of your comfort zone and making a big change can have huge payoffs.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck Ed! Hoping everything works just right for you!

Hopefully I'll be a customer later this year if all goes well!!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Hoping it's all you want it to be my friend and then some.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #5
zappaFREAK
The Black Page

First Name: Stephen
Trading: (5)
Cohiba
zappaFREAK is on a distinguished road

Good luck!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #6
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck brother... there is nothing like working for yourself and following your dream.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck Ed!!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #8
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Good luck.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
joeobx
just playing in the storm

First Name: Joe
Trading: (4)
joeobx will become famous soon enough

Best of luck Ed, hope everything falls in place for you. I have seen at a lot of your work I would love to own.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #10
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

^ what he said

looks like you make some great stuff, and hopefully ill be able to own something of it this year.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #11
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Good luck brother, sounds like you have a well laid plane.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #12
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Good luck Ed! I'll definitely look forward to seeing twice as much humidor pictures.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

Ed best wishes! A big change I am sure you are ready to take on. Your vision and craftsmanship are impeccable and I look forward to what you guys come up with. Maybe even some Charleston facade on some of your desktops.
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #14
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
Trading: (23)
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about

Oh wow, what a great year this will be for you, to bad you didn't have the shop in wisconsin, I'd work for sticks part time.....
Old 01-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #15
justonemorestick
Kat Krap Kontanment Media

First Name: Warren
Trading: (13)
justonemorestick is on a distinguished road

Good luck to you both.

Is that a shopsmith in the back of that picture? I grew up helping my dad use one of those on various projects.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #16
BTcigars
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (1)
BTcigars will become famous soon enough

Congrats Ed! Its been awesome to see you evolve from your humble beginnings till now. Best of luck and happy new year buddy!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
swh127
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Scott
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
swh127 is on a distinguished road

Good luck. Glad to see when someone's hobby that they love can turn into their career.
swh127 is offline   Reply With Quote