Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-27-2019, 08:44 AM   #21
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Seasoning the NewAir CC-100H CC-300 with Boveda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffcor90 View Post
you guys act like im against you lol. ill just post results when i get them
Nope....most are just giving you the benefit of 10, 20 or more years of doing this. No one is rooting against you, just providing you the wisdom that comes with the actual experience of doing this multiple times with out the "assistance" of YouTube.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:10 AM   #22
Brandon
Trout chaser

Trading: (0)
Brandon is on a distinguished road

You signed on the board for the sole purpose of seeking advice on seasoning your humidor. People are offering up advise based on long term experience. If you already know what you want to do based on internet videos, there’s no need to ask further. “Seasoning” of a humidor is simply saturating the ambient air to high moisture level until the desired RH is achieved. Boveda packs are passive and don’t respond quickly to large fluctuations.

As I tell my wife... don’t come to me if you are only seeking validation for what you already have decided to do...
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:14 AM   #23
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Trading: (1)
Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough

Here's another crazy idea you could just fallow the instructions that came with it and see if your happy

SEASONING YOUR CIGAR COOLER

It is best to season your wood shelves and drawers before adding your cigars so that the wood is at an ideal relative humidity (RH) and does not absorb humidity from your cigars. To season your new cigar cooler:

1. Add distilled water to the included moisture container or add a sponge that is damp with distilled water. Again, make sure that the water is not touching the wood directly or this may damage the wood.

2. Allow the moisture container, or other humidity-adding device, to sit in the cooler until it reaches a relative humidity of 5% higher than your preferred level. This process may take as long as 3 days but is the best way to ensure your cigars stay optimal.

3. Once the cooler reaches this mark, you can begin to add cigars. You may add a few at a time in order to monitor the RH and make sure it stays at a level you want it at. If it drops too much, you can use the same seasoning method to bring it back up.
During this entire process, it is recommended to not open the door unnecessarily, as this lets moisture escape and can delay the process.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:53 PM   #24
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Good luck with your new humi! Seasoning humidors has always elicited interesting responses. I'm in the wipe club (Fast) but the seasoning packets should work with enough time. Temperature control by definition creates an ongoing issue of humidity stabilization. (On and off changes your stable environment for brief periods of time) Beyond the seasoning beads you probably should use regular 70/65/60% RH beads to keep the unit stable. (Pretty sure these come with some sort of crappy humidification dish which you should pitch).

The environment you keep it in is probably the biggest determinate of what you need.

A small active device (like a cigar oasis) plus a couple pounds of beads covers the issues like a big drop when you open or AC runs (Cigar oasis) or too high humidity from the environment or design. (beads).

Oh and the answer to your question - dunno they are used primarily in small desktop humis. Something larger like this, depends on how dried out the unit was. If the unit doesn't get to and stabilize at your desired RH and you get tired of buying the bovedas you can always give it a helping wipe or two of distilled.