Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-22-2011, 04:19 AM   #381
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13 View Post
Will see after friday afternoon.
Should Be A Great Game! I'm Turning Down A Golf Outing To Watch This!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:58 AM   #382
designwise1

How 'bout them Hogs?!?! Wooooooooooo pig! Soooooie!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #383
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpappy View Post
What's crazy is what you're smoking instead of tobacco.
I'm with you.

Although the pigs match up more favorably with LSU and have improved since earlier in the season, I think LSU will handle them about like we did. I don't think Arky scores more than 14.

But you never know.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #384
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

In Gainesville for Thanksgiving, heading out to tailgate for my first Gator game in two years
Old 11-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #385
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Oh yeah!!! Clemson exposed again for the overrated team they are- Losing to an 'overrated SC' that played 'such a weak schedule in a weak division'. Good luck vs VT.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #386
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

The season was officially a failure after today.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #387
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

Well looks like SEC is gonna be in the national champ game on both sides right? Im a bit butt hurt from that kicking AU just took, but I hope to keep the title in state, so I guess RTR!

Bráithreachas Thar Gach Ní
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #388
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scothew View Post
Well looks like SEC is gonna be in the national champ game on both sides right? Im a bit butt hurt from that kicking AU just took, but I hope to keep the title in state, so I guess RTR!
I would love for Auburn to get Clemson again for the Chick-Fil-A bowl and stomp a mudhole in them .
Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #389
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

You really dont like clemson huh Chip

Bráithreachas Thar Gach Ní
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #390
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Eh....just rolling in the glory since all of my Clemson friends/family have been yip yapping since week 2 about how badass they are and how they are going to destroy SC since they beat Auburn and SC did not. I am talking big time, non-stop, serious **** talking for almost 3 months now. Now all they talk about is the historical record of the rivalry.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #391
BigAl_SC
The last mango in Paris

First Name: Alan
Trading: (7)
Trinidad
BigAl_SC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Eh....just rolling in the glory since all of my Clemson friends/family have been yip yapping since week 2 about how badass they are and how they are going to destroy SC since they beat Auburn and SC did not. I am talking big time, non-stop, serious **** talking for almost 3 months now. Now all they talk about is the historical record of the rivalry.
It was sweet.... Made even better by the fact that it was without Lattimore. They couldn't even say it was due to a Heisman candidate. Only part of living in greenville that i hate... the cocky tiger fans....
Old 11-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #392
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scothew View Post
Well looks like SEC is gonna be in the national champ game on both sides right?
On the night of the 'Game of the Century' basking in the afterglow, I was with you.
Then I saw Bama fans for what they really were, in this thread and in town and on LSU forums web-wide.
I am being too harsh....80% of bama fans, where I have encountered them, have been extremely poor
sports. And for weeks I would not abide talk of that supposed 'rematch'. bama got beaten at HOME
by LSU and might get rewarded as a national champ with a win over LSU on a neutral field. That to me
is just absolutely nuts. But the other great undefeateds turned out to be not so great and one valid
argument after another has fallen by the wayside. And in terms of the system as we know it, it is
the most likely scenario now, so I have to live with that 98% probablility. Let's hope when we win in
New Orleans that it will be a little different. Yeah, that'll happen.

(The Superdome ain't no neutral site, we were injury hampered, there was a cold front, our bus got
stolen, Richadson was not himself, McCarron got hurt, Saban has bypass surgery......)
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #393
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
I am with you, man, you have seen my end of it, too. The other team's fans talking **it for weeks and
then just not able to come to grips with it after they lose. Better for you, though, because you are
not half the pric& I am so they didn't come after you AND your team, but I have watched the
cocks have to deal with their rivalry/dominance issues this season as well. It was kind of unfair, in that
we all respond poorly when our teams lose, but this year it was more sharp-ended than usual. I guess
it's because everyone hates LSU. Or maybe pre-season polls ought to be outlawed. But you want to
see real $hit-talking? Watch when we beat bama twice. Then they will say "That's only 1-1. This won't be
decided until the SECOND rematch."
Old 11-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #394
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

"But what I didn't want to have happen, and I made this clear to Jeremy, if I am able to go coach, I want to coach at one place, the University of Florida. It would be a travesty, it would be ridiculous to all of a sudden come back and get the feeling back, get the health back, feel good again and then all of a sudden go throw some other colors on my shirt and go coach. I don't want to do that. I have too much love for this University and these players and for what we've built."-Urban Meyer.

Go Michigan.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #395
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I am with you, man, you have seen my end of it, too. The other team's fans talking **it for weeks and
then just not able to come to grips with it after they lose. Better for you, though, because you are
not half the pric& I am so they didn't come after you AND your team, but I have watched the
cocks have to deal with their rivalry/dominance issues this season as well. It was kind of unfair, in that
we all respond poorly when our teams lose, but this year it was more sharp-ended than usual. I guess
it's because everyone hates LSU. Or maybe pre-season polls ought to be outlawed. But you want to
see real $hit-talking? Watch when we beat bama twice. Then they will say "That's only 1-1. This won't be
What Will You Say If We Win, Brad?
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #396
OLS
Suck It

Wait, let me intensify the point. It would be wrong to reward bama as the NatChamp if they were to beat LSU
on a 'neutral field' after losing to LSU at home AND not even winning their division, much less their conference.
But again, this is the setup under the current system and try as I might, I can't see ANY other viable option.
And for the record, I was THRILLED that LSU co-champed in 2003 with two OT losses. But I thought it was
unfair.

Now onto your question. I will come into this thread and congratulate all of you, exactly the way I would have
done it had you beaten LSU at Tuscaloosa earlier. I told you as much a month ago. I still feel the same way...if
bama beats the Tigers, it won't be one play or another, it will be that we failed to execute our game plan, the plays
needed to score, and to otherwise secure victory. I have no problem praising the better team. And if you beat us
WAY in the freaking future in 2012 (hard to believe we'd wait that long) you will surely be the better team, because
there is no way you were a month ago or are now. (ehh, maybe a push) I just wish I could wrap my head around
the mess the BCS has scripted. I would love to play Houston, whom I feel DESERVES it more, but what would that prove? PLAYOFF!

Oh and to add in an edit....if we do it in January sometime (or is it in Feb?) then you guys should win, because according
to our pal Sville Kid, all of LSU's players will be in jail or suspended, given the LONG layoff between Arkansas and the BCS NCG.
Hard to believe they will be able to lay off the dope and car-stealing for that long.

Last edited by OLS; 11-28-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #397
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
What Will You Say If We Win, Brad?
The SHORT answer, sorry. Of course I will congratulate you guys. You would deserve it.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #398
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
I'm with you.

Although the pigs match up more favorably with LSU and have improved since earlier in the season, I think LSU will handle them about like we did. I don't think Arky scores more than 14.

But you never know.
So I was slightly wrong. By 3.

Alabama 38
Arkansas 14

LSU 41
Arkansas 17
Old 11-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #399
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

--deleted--
Old 11-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #400
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Actually , it's because everyone hates LSU fans, not LSU. And you're a prime example of why. Carry on...