Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #61
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

Hope everyone is staying safe. Tide is starting to recede, but it'll be awhile before it gets below the walls.

Mac, how are you holding up? Just saw a pic of the James River Bridge out in Newport News flooding.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #62
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

You guys protect yourselves....watch your ass and guard your stache.
Prayers for all of you.
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #63
Sonic04GT
Feeling at Home

First Name: Chris
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
Sonic04GT will become famous soon enough

Stay safe guys. I'll light one up for ya on Halloween
Sonic04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #64
cobra03
Adult Babysitter

First Name: Scott
Trading: (15)
Partagas
cobra03 will become famous soon enoughcobra03 will become famous soon enough

I was listening to the MNF game earlier on the car radio and they kept mentioning how they were playing with the roof open under the stars and it was in the mid 70's out in Phoenix. Sounded realy nice as i watched the rain blowing by sideways. Stay safe out there if you have to be out in this mess.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #65
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I am worrying for my friend Chingas.....He is RIGHT there in the Raritan Estuary near the Jersey Shore and
that puts him in line for a hell of a disaster in the coming storm surge. I know there are many of us in the
path of doom, but he is my main man up that way. It hurts to know that he is gonna get it.
Traded emails with Chingas just a couple of hours ago. He's doing fine...bit of water but nothing a shopvac couldn't handle. He appreciates the concern though. I told him to stop by and say hello.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #66
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Thoughts for anyone in New York, much less CA members.

Thankfully Boston got away pretty much unharmed. Lot of crazy wind, broken doors at the Childrens Hospital in (West) Boston.
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #67
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

First Name: Ron
Trading: (22)
NeuRon will become famous soon enoughNeuRon will become famous soon enough

Welp. Im alive... Alot of my jersey shore town is thrashed and in utter ruins. Luckily my home is seemingly untouched. I think my brand new boat is underwater and out to sea.. My Nuclear Plant is in a little trouble due to high tide but are tending to that around the clock. I havent been home since sunday afternoon. Will keep you guys posted
NeuRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:07 AM   #68
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuRon View Post
Welp. Im alive... Alot of my jersey shore town is thrashed and in utter ruins. Luckily my home is seemingly untouched. I think my brand new boat is underwater and out to sea.. My Nuclear Plant is in a little trouble due to high tide but are tending to that around the clock. I havent been home since sunday afternoon. Will keep you guys posted
Take care of you and your loved ones, Ron. That boat will get replaced.
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:38 AM   #69
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
Traded emails with Chingas just a couple of hours ago. He's doing fine...bit of water but nothing a shopvac couldn't handle. He appreciates the concern though. I told him to stop by and say hello.
Quote:
Thoughts & Prayers Sent For All Of You!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:06 AM   #70
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Well glad to hear your home is okay, that is most important. Sorry about the boat brother.

Last edited by Blak Smyth; 10-30-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Blak Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #71
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

All safe here...we dodged a major bullet (again). Only got a ton of rain and some branches down. Lost power for about 12 second. Thanks for all the well wishes. Continued prayers for my peeps in NY/NJ. Compared to what we got, they got hammered.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #72
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra03 View Post
I was listening to the MNF game earlier on the car radio and they kept mentioning how they were playing with the roof open under the stars and it was in the mid 70's out in Phoenix. Sounded realy nice as i watched the rain blowing by sideways. Stay safe out there if you have to be out in this mess.
Yeah I can't even imagine what its like out there right now guys. Cobra is right, it is nice and calm over here in AZ but our thoughts are with all of you.

Stay safe!
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #73
BC-Axeman

"Sandy" is an appropriate name for this storm for those on the coast. "Soggy" would have been good too.
Still no contact with my relatives there but the pictures I've seen are not good for Long Beach Island. Everyone was off the island before it got too bad.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #74
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
That's good news.

Quote:
Glad you made out OK. Sorry to hear about the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
All safe here...we dodged a major bullet (again). Only got a ton of rain and some branches down. Lost power for about 12 second. Thanks for all the well wishes. Continued prayers for my peeps in NY/NJ. Compared to what we got, they got hammered.
All good news, Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
"Sandy" is an appropriate name for this storm for those on the coast. "Soggy" would have been good too.
Still no contact with my relatives there but the pictures I've seen are not good for Long Beach Island. Everyone was off the island before it got too bad.
Glad to hear they got off the island in time. I'm sure you'll hear from them when they can get back home and assess things.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #75
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Glad you're OK, and your house too Ron. Take care over there. Prayers sent for everyone affected.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #76
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

One of the most iconic places on the Jersey Shore, Seaside Heights Pier. My home is about 10-15 minutes away, luckily my mom and sister made it out ok. Additionally, the house was mostly unharmed. They still have no power, and are projected to to get it back within 7-10 days.

It's sad seeing this because I grew up going to this Amusement Park in Seaside. Still have yet to hear about my high school on Sandy Hook, NJ. They say it was 5-6 feet underwater...
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #77
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

But to all those who lost property, homes, etc, it's good to hear that at least you are safe. I think this picture is a comforting one, and reminds us that we can get through this tough time for so many families. Prayers sent to all affected by this terrible storm.
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #78
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

My aunt and uncle in CT that we just got back from visiting last week made it through ok. Only damage was one tree that fell across the road.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #79
CoffeeWaterBeer
Critiquing Perique

First Name: Seth
Trading: (13)
Partagas
CoffeeWaterBeer will become famous soon enough

Worked last night 4pm to midnight in Baltimore. It wasn't as bad as I expected and got home to some basement flooding and a bit coming in through somewhere in the roof. I'm not complaining and feel fortunate. I feel for those north of me that got much worse. Hope everyone is safe.

I have to say, the drive home through the city was eerie, total ghost town last night around midnight. A few parked cops eyeballed me like I was nuts but left me to my ride. I would have stayed at work overnight just to be safer but was worried I'd have more water damage.

Never did get a smoke in, I'll have a nice one tonight in honor of the first responders , as well as those who have to deal with large scale damage and loss.
CoffeeWaterBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #80
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Could be the water you see from your ceiling was forced under the shingles and through a seam in the tar paper
and your roof is fine. Wait til it does it again in a rain event to start worrying. hurricanes blow water in through
places you could never imagine. Glad to hear that no one yet is devastated. i like the name of that ride in the
photo...typhoon, lol.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote