Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #221
vankleekkw
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Kris
Trading: (3)
Bolivar
vankleekkw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pete Johnson goes Vampire!

Anyone hear back from the shop in GA? I can't tell whether I was on a list or not as they took my number down, but I still haven't heard anything.
vankleekkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #222
tobii3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
...Funny how people look at cigars differently than they do every other product out there. I don't see anyone on the board complaining about LE cars, guns, guitars, or any other LE product. Ask any musician on this board who collects an instrument what they would do for a LE. Ask a surfer who collects boards what he would do for a LE board. People collect thing and LE makes the collector enjoy the hobby.
A) Most of us don't "collect" cigars, we smoke them.

B) I've never smoked a car, a gun, guitar or surfboard. Nor do I have ANY inclination to do so.

C) I'm waiting for Pete Johnson to coordinate with Kaizad Hansotia on his next "box".....
Old 10-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #223
Mr.Goodfella
Let them rest

First Name: Alan
Trading: (22)
RA Navy (Active)
Mr.Goodfella is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAJ View Post
So I went to Holts today after work figuring I may be able to pick up one or two of each, and walked out with a box of Dracs and two Boris'. I am still in shock, and unbelieveably excited! They still had 2 boxes of Dracs and about 4 of the Boris so I kinda guilt-tripped the manager into hooking me up since the other Holts screwed me. Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

PS thanx for the tip Kevin!

P*rn Pics:
Nice pick up AJ. I was wondering why you didn't participate in my Drac lotto earlier tonight.
It is kind of funny reading back on this thread and seeing some of the comments. First thing that comes to mind is I am glad you are not going to buy Tat products, leaves more for me. If someone was selling a box of Dracs right now, I bet those same people would inquire about purchasing them, funny how that works...
Mr.Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #224
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKLOSS View Post
I split a box of Drac with a guy I deployed to Iraq with. So far I've smoked one the the 7 I kept and man It was good. A little underfilled but I guess that's better than being overfilled and hard to draw. I put the 2 Boris I picked up and the remainder of the Dracs down for a rest in my Vino. Thanks for the info on the Boris. I might have been tempted to torch one sooner.

On another note I noticed on the back of the box of Dracs that there was a number written in the upper corner in silver marker. The number on my box was 72. Could that mean I got box 72 of 1300? No biggie just curious.

I think that is the number... I got 73 actually haha Kinda funny they wrote it in sharpie on the box. Must have been pretty last minute.

My one gripe with Tat is the fact that the box has paint on the inside! Looks cool but I don't want it to affect the smokes! I put the black paper underneath the bundle to prevent too much touching... Any suggestions there???

aj
RightAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #225
Mr.Goodfella
Let them rest

First Name: Alan
Trading: (22)
RA Navy (Active)
Mr.Goodfella is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankleekkw View Post
Anyone hear back from the shop in GA? I can't tell whether I was on a list or not as they took my number down, but I still haven't heard anything.
I got a call from them on Friday and got the box today.
Mr.Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #226
KDKLOSS
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Active)
KDKLOSS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAJ View Post
I think that is the number... I got 73 actually haha Kinda funny they wrote it in sharpie on the box. Must have been pretty last minute.

My one gripe with Tat is the fact that the box has paint on the inside! Looks cool but I don't want it to affect the smokes! I put the black paper underneath the bundle to prevent too much touching... Any suggestions there???

aj
My complaint is trivial. The lid on the box is so freakin hard to get off. I ended up not closing it all the way so I can get my fingernails in there to kind of pry the lid off next time I get the urge to smoke one. I took the black paper off and tossed it. If anyone thinks the paint will affect the cigars I'll cut some wax paper or something and lay it down inside the box.
KDKLOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #227
tobii3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Goodfella View Post
If someone was selling a box of Dracs right now, I bet those same people would inquire about purchasing them, funny how that works...
Nope. We're all laughing at those of you caught in the hype.

Carry on.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:58 PM   #228
colimo
friend of Brother Maynard

First Name: doug
Trading: (41)
PL
colimo will become famous soon enough

am wondering how you all are getting them already....all the shops i have talked to have said they dont expect them until late this week. guess i should have tried harder...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:01 AM   #229
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

i think the east coast got them first

stearns
Old 10-27-2009, 05:09 AM   #230
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post

stearns

just ask coastie tech, he'll succumb to anything with shiney "LE" packaging, it means its better AND worth more. In fact, he just bought a Limited Edition "Pirates of the Caribbean" Lego Pirate ship play set that doesn't hit the shelves until December BRAH!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 05:11 AM   #231
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

dont hate on legos...

stearns
Old 10-27-2009, 05:39 AM   #232
coastietech

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
just ask coastie tech, he'll succumb to anything with shiney "LE" packaging, it means its better AND worth more. In fact, he just bought a Limited Edition "Pirates of the Caribbean" Lego Pirate ship play set that doesn't hit the shelves until December BRAH!!!

That's not what I was saying at all. I've noticed a trend with your posts here they all tend to have an ignorant, rude and decisive feel to them.

You do you, and I'll do me. I enjoy the LE factor. Never said it made something bigger or better. If you think something that is a limited edition isn't worth more in reality then your mistaken. Go to the WTS section which do you think will sell faster and for more money, a box of Franks or a box of red labels?

You don't have to agree with me. I can accept an agree to disagree. What I think is ignorant is your way of belittling people who have a difference of opinion than you. It's not the first thread I've seen you do it, most likely won't be the last.

Either way like I said you do you and I'll do me because it's what I do best.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:54 AM   #233
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post

stearns
Stores in Michigan haven't gotten them yet.. So I have no idea how they were shipped..
Old 10-27-2009, 06:39 AM   #234
s15driftking
Go Browns!

Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
That's not what I was saying at all. I've noticed a trend with your posts here they all tend to have an ignorant, rude and decisive feel to them.

You do you, and I'll do me. I enjoy the LE factor. Never said it made something bigger or better. If you think something that is a limited edition isn't worth more in reality then your mistaken. Go to the WTS section which do you think will sell faster and for more money, a box of Franks or a box of red labels?

You don't have to agree with me. I can accept an agree to disagree. What I think is ignorant is your way of belittling people who have a difference of opinion than you. It's not the first thread I've seen you do it, most likely won't be the last.
it was a joke, you need to relax.

Quote:
Either way like I said you do you and I'll do me because it's what I do best.
NOW THAT STATEMENT IS DOWNRIGHT FUNNAY... dawg....

SO TOUGH!!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:05 AM   #235
coastietech

Quote:
it was a joke, you need to relax.

NOW THAT STATEMENT IS DOWNRIGHT FUNNAY... dawg....

SO TOUGH!!
I guess we all mature at different rates. Bobby I wish you nothing but the best bro. Have a great day.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:10 AM   #236
s15driftking
Go Browns!

Partagas

Same here, Go Browns!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #237
tobii3

Quote:
just ask coastie tech, he'll succumb to anything with shiney "LE" packaging, it means its better AND worth more.
Quote:
That's not what I was saying at all.
Huh??

Quote:
Bro your talking to the wrong person. I enjoy LE... I pretty much go after any LE item that falls into my hobby that I can. I go out of my way to buy LE. I don't see anyone on the board complaining about LE cars, guns, guitars, or any other LE product. Ask any musician on this board who collects an instrument what they would do for a LE. Ask a surfer who collects boards what he would do for a LE board
So....uh....what ARE you saying???

(this is all in good fun...please don't misunderstand me!!!)

Last edited by tobii3; 10-27-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #238
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Can we get back to the topic please? Coastie and driftking kissed and made up.

Back to Tat dracs.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #239
s15driftking
Go Browns!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post

So....uh....what ARE you saying???

That was my origianl point, BUT we are past this, love you Tobil3!!!

BAC TO THE DRAC!!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #240
coastietech

Deleted after I saw the previous posts...