Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #25
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I being too picky? (picture heavy)

All the pinkish wood in the lid and the rails that hold the slats and the trays are cedar, Brad. Nice, solid, thick cedar, too. Generally you'll get 1/32" veneer in humis that's over particle board.
If anything, in my opinion, there's an over-adequate amount of cedar in there. Completely depends on how much you like your smokes to taste like cedar, and how aromatic the wood is. Spanish Cedar varies in it's intensity and varies in it's aroma. I try to match the thickness and amount I use to give a flavor, but not overpower, if that makes sense.
It's easy to do when you're lining, because you can adjust the thickness of cedar in the lid and bottom to suit.
It helps to buy your wood and have it around for a good while, too. That way the cedar teaches you how it's going to smell and how much you should use.
Your guys used tons of cedar.