Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about
Default Mlb tv

Anyone that has or does subscribe to MLB TV on here? I am looking at getting it this season but have some questions.

For a year worth, what are the months? Is it from April to April or is it just the start of baseball then done after regular season, playoffs or World Series? If it is a 12 month streak, what happens during the off season?

I doubt that anyone may know, But I am also curious if I would be blacked out to Oakland A's games?

Also, if you have or do have it, What did/do you think of it?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Mlb tv

I got the last couple months of the season last year at a much discounted rate, and cancelled before a full rpice renewal for 2013. Worked well as I am a fan of an out of town team (the Tigers), and got all games except ones that were national broadcasts.

It was cheaper for me this year to get the Fox Sports package on DirecTV to get the Tigers games, so that is why I did not renew. Not sure about blackouts for the A's in your area, Garry.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't think I'd get black outs. When I had dish TV, i got them.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Yes, I do. I am able to watch the Reds when I travel, I have the ap for my Kindle, and I can watch any game on TV using my Roku(except for my local Reds- but they are on Fox Cinci for the most part, anyway.) There is a spot for you to input your zipcode, and you will be told what teams- if any- are blacked out in your area. A year is basically a season- off season you can watch any game from the past season- altho I doubt too many folks do this. I had Extra Innings one year also- but it is almost three times as expensive, and doesn't have the Kindle ap, nor can I watch games on my computer while traveling.

I do recommend it.

Tom: How are you able to buy Fox Sports Detroit in Chicago? The only way I saw to get all the Fox sports networks was to buy the "ultimate" package which runs about $150 a month. Otherwise, you get your local Fox sports station.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Tom: How are you able to buy Fox Sports Detroit in Chicago? The only way I saw to get all the Fox sports networks was to buy the "ultimate" package which runs about $150 a month. Otherwise, you get your local Fox sports station.
My regular package is the Choice Xtra.

I previously had HBO, Showtime and Starz for an extra $35 a month...I added the Sports Pack, which includes all the Fox networks, for an additional $12 a month.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

Well I just bought it. We will see how it works.. It said I can get blacked out for Seattle, Oakland and SF. Which I think sucks, Since I am 8 hour from Seattle and 6 from The Bay Area.

I don't see it happening. I will get ya updated if you would like..
Old 03-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
hotreds

Bolivar

Good luck! Hopefully it won't happen- interesting it tells you "can." Kinda nebulous right there! I know Toronto is blacked out in ALL of Canada! Ridiculous! Maybe RDS has something to do with that, tho.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
hotreds

Bolivar

Tom: That's really interesting- you're paying much less than the MLB EI package, and getting most if not all the games- AS WELL AS the other programs on those channels. Somebody ain't paying attention- which is a good thing, I reckon!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Tom: That's really interesting- you're paying much less than the MLB EI package, and getting most if not all the games- AS WELL AS the other programs on those channels. Somebody ain't paying attention- which is a good thing, I reckon!
Yup, Hugh, I get lots of local NHL hockey feeds and scores of other programming as well....seemed like a cheaper way to get my Tigers baseball jones taken care of.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I've had it twice. It's nice for the end of the season, but the local blackout stuff gets very annoying. OTOH, being able to watch the condensed versions of lots of important games after they've been played, that's nice.
Overall it's probably best to get it at the discounted end of season rate.
I doubt if I'll get it this year.