Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #161
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: "Boardwalk Empire" Season 1 Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
I'm w/ya Tom. It not be becoming of a gentleman to turn a lady away
As long as she is still a lady (not talking about Paz de la Huerta).
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #162
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Another great episode tonight. Can't wait for the finale next Sunday
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #163
Martel

Interesting that the Commodore is Jimmy's father... looks like he makes a full recovery.

Cheers,
G
Old 11-29-2010, 02:30 AM   #164
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

This episode was quite slow. I don't want to say it was boring but it definitely was one of the story/filler episodes without much excitement. Jimmys gotta deal with his wife. The agent kills his partner. I hope the last episode is EPIC. We'll see.......
Old 11-29-2010, 05:00 AM   #165
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
This episode was quite slow. I don't want to say it was boring but it definitely was one of the story/filler episodes without much excitement. Jimmys gotta deal with his wife. The agent kills his partner. I hope the last episode is EPIC. We'll see.......
One thing I didn't like last night was no nudity
Old 11-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #166
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Lots of underling drama in this one. I thought Nucky was Jimmys Dad. And yeah kind of a let down about the nudity
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #167
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
One thing I didn't like last night was no nudity
I didn't want to be the FIRST person to mention that.

But one thing that sucked last night was there was no TnA.

Also no shootings if I'm not mistaken.

The only death was a boring drowning.....MEH

Wow bummer.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #168
x man
Opus lover since 1995

First Name: X
Trading: (24)
Montecristo
x man will become famous soon enough

Jimmy`s mom[Gretchen Moll of Rounders fame]was poisoning his dad,
probably with the help of the maid. Lots of groundwork was laid[although no one got laid yesterday]for the finale and next season. I think the writers are wingin it as they go, pretty much. Promises to be better and better.
x man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #169
Martel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I didn't want to be the FIRST person to mention that.

But one thing that sucked last night was there was no TnA.

Also no shootings if I'm not mistaken.

The only death was a boring drowning.....MEH

Wow bummer.
Wait until next week... I'll bet something really bad is going to happen to the Italian brothers.

Cheers,
G
Old 11-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #170
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

I really hope the finale is a full 60 minutes of pure bliss. There better be LOTS of bodies.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:35 AM   #171
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

some episodes this show is great, others slow
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:50 AM   #172
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough

This was one of my favorite episodes in this show. Good progression on all the major story lines. Margaret left, no idea where she's gone yet. Jimmy reconnected a little with his dad, and we found out who he was, as well as some additional developments with his mother and wife. The wife just pisses me off. At least Margaret and the mom are presented as strong females, who know what they want and are willing to take risks to get it. Interesting that they choose to present that behaviour in two regular characters who practice one version or another of the oldest profession. The wife is just annoying, blowing whichever way the wind blows, taking the easiest path. Jimmy knows it, the only question is what does he plan to do about it. No Chalky this week, but I think we'll be seeing more of him next week. And Richard, the tin mask guy, is awesome, asking Nucky if he wants the families of those guys killed in Philly. First the mother, then the sisters, then the dentist. Delivery on that line was priceless.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:54 AM   #173
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSB75 View Post
This was one of my favorite episodes in this show. Good progression on all the major story lines. Margaret left, no idea where she's gone yet. Jimmy reconnected a little with his dad, and we found out who he was, as well as some additional developments with his mother and wife. The wife just pisses me off. At least Margaret and the mom are presented as strong females, who know what they want and are willing to take risks to get it. Interesting that they choose to present that behaviour in two regular characters who practice one version or another of the oldest profession. The wife is just annoying, blowing whichever way the wind blows, taking the easiest path. Jimmy knows it, the only question is what does he plan to do about it. No Chalky this week, but I think we'll be seeing more of him next week. And Richard, the tin mask guy, is awesome, asking Nucky if he wants the families of those guys killed in Philly. First the mother, then the sisters, then the dentist. Delivery on that line was priceless.
I agree with your post 100%
Old 11-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #174
x man
Opus lover since 1995

First Name: X
Trading: (24)
Montecristo
x man will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSB75 View Post
I also agree, 100%, the masked man is doing a great job of acting, he even has me spooked.
x man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #175
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Some of the comments here remind me of an old Richard Pryor routine on boxing:

"It wasn't a very good fight....no one got killed".

It's like saying a hockey game can't be a good game unless there are a bunch of fights. I disagree.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #176
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

It's like saying a hockey game can't be a good game unless there are a bunch of fights. I disagree.
You're correct. Except if the game is boring and no one is scoring, a few good fights will pick things up a bit. Not saying it make or breaks it but it definitely brings up some excitement in a non-exciting game. The game can still suck sure but at least there would be a highlight or two.

In your language say you're smoking a Gurkha, you immediately want to forget about it. But what if 2 draws in you see 5 sluts take off their shirts? Still a bad cigar but hey.....it was an experience with some highlights/excitement, no?

*note I'm referring to attractive sluts with nice knockers, not that you care....but still*
Old 11-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #177
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

You crack me up, Bill!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #178
Martel

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

I thought it was a great episode...

Cheers,
G
Old 11-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #179
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

This episode really was about showing the dynamics of the characters. It was classic format for one of the last episodes of any drama: leave ya w/a few cliff hangers and have the characters at a crossroads.

I think Nicky's brother has the potential to be a rival or try to oust Nucky, maybe a long term Freddio character as in The Godfather
Old 11-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #180
Superbad
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (53)
PL
Superbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura about

I am looking forward to the next episode. Margret leaving was a little unexpected for me, I am curious how it will play out for her.