Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Troops Room

Old 10-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
mariogolbee

Default Fallen Map

I didn't see this posted anywhere so I figured I'd finally post something worthwhile on my part. This map is very detailed and interactive. C-N-N did a good job with this one. Thank you to all who have served for this counr=try and the world. May those still serving come back to us soon and may those whom have fallen rest in peace. I salute you.

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, inappropriate, or already up on this forum, please feel free to do with as you wish.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/war.casualties/

Also, please take a look around on the maps. You can zoom in, get information and some details on each of the servicemen here, and even write message if you wish.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:26 AM   #2
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fallen Map

Great site Mario, but not up to date. 10 Dutch casualties, we all wish that number was so low, unfortunately the real number is more than double. I know of at least 24 Dutch troops, brave man and women fighting for our freedom, that died in Afghanistan.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
Barcode
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tom
Trading: (16)
RyJ Navy (Served With Honor)
Barcode will become famous soon enough

Great Map. Thanks for posting it Mario.
Barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for posting. Its a great map. RIP brothers and sisters.
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
smelvis
Not part of the Clique

Trading: (16)
smelvis has disabled reputation

Thanks but this is very sad, I wish all politicians were forced to check this daily.

PS
Not turning political just had to say that one thing!

Dave
smelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
AngryBill
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bill
Trading: (3)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
AngryBill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
Thanks but this is very sad, I wish all politicians were forced to check this daily.

!

Dave
Well said. I served from 1978 to 1983. Our men and women serve with honor, so they desrve all of our respect.

I just got this link in an email. I had never viewed this tribute to our fallen. Very moving. Brings a tear to your eye.

http://00f2630.netsolhost.com/farewellmarine.html
AngryBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
mariogolbee

Memorial day bump. I suggest going on here and leaving a message or several. I'll be browsing this site with my daughter a little bit later.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 AM   #8
thenewguy

This post is a few days over due... however 26MAY, we lost 6 BAMFs... Smoke one for them today boys..
Old 06-01-2011, 05:04 AM   #9
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

RIP to all fallen soldiers
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:22 AM   #10
w squared

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
This.

Not because we should not fight, but because we must ensure that the choice to fight is not made lightly. Because the men and women that serve are our very finest, and their sacrifice should be significant to those who benefit from it.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #11
mariogolbee

Bump. Thank you to those whom have laid down their lives and those whom are willing to do so.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #12
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

That is a good but sad map, as stated before.. Kinda interested to see where they are from and when they gave their life for us.

Thank you to all the troops for my free life everyday!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #13
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Man, how the years roll by. Six years ago this coming June our hometown suffered its first (and to date only) casualty to Operation Enduring Freedom. Being within (somewhat) close proximity, the Westboro Baptist slime oozed their way into our midst. Fortunately, the Patriot Guard Riders also showed up in droves, ensuring that Brian's family was shielded from the hate these assclowns spew. As an aside, the soldier that attempted to save Brian, Jared Monti, was posthumously nominated for and received the Medal of Honor.

Admittedly I hadn't thought about him, his widow, or two young girls in almost a year. Last August some scumbag(s) broke into her house and stole who-knows-what. My BIL knows the family (he went to high school with them), so I put some money in his hands and asked him to make sure she received it as well as finding out if there was anything specfically they needed. For me it was a life lesson. While we should support our troops in any way we can, we also need to remember that they're leaving families behind to ensure our freedom, and those families need to be tended as well.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #14
mariogolbee

I thought this might be an appropriate day to bump this thread.