Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-22-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
Nimbus

First Name: J
Trading: (7)
Partagas
Nimbus has disabled reputation
Default Illusione 68

Feb 2008

Illusione 68 a.k.a Bombone

Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Size: 4 x 44
Strength: Full bodied

This cigar is tiny, yet powerful. Do not be fooled by the size of this cigar. Luckily I ate a full meal before smoking this bad boy.

The wrapper is very oily, dark, rich, triple capped and has no blemishes. Smooth to the touch with a minute resistance when squeezed. I used a punch instead of my Palio because it seemed like the right size for this cigar. The pre-draw was a little deceiving because I did not taste any peppery spice.

Upon lighting the foot of this cigar; the solid construction held together very well. Moderately impressed, I kept torching the foot for about two minutes. The foot glowed red and the burn was even so I decided to take a snork and the first thing that hit me was the peppery spice. Like a Fuente, but a little less intense. This lasted for about 1/3 of the cigar and got stronger after each puff/snork.

At 2/3 of the cigar there was a mellowness that made it more enjoyable. Lots of gray and white smoke. The ash was unmovable as I tried to tap it off at the 1/3 mark. The transition between flavors was gradual and the leathery taste was pronounce with a minute hint of cocoa.

The ash fell of halfway and the burn was a little off. After a quick retouch it was perfect once again.

At the beginning of the 3/3 mark I noticed the flavor of earth. It was subtle yet very smooth and creamy. All the flavors at this point began to mix and marry but with individual characteristics still shining through. Near the end of the cigar I began to notice a cedar flavor and that was an added delight.

Overall I was very impressed with the buttery oil and the smoothness of this cigar.

Appearance: 9
Construction: 9
Flavor: 10
Value: 10
Overall Experience: 9
Overall Grade: 9.4
Nimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Illusione 68

Excellent Review! The only Illusione I've tried and I agree completely! Great smoke! Thanks for the Review!

Greg
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Nice review!!!

You are spot on!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:46 AM   #4
dmoby

good review