Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #41
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation
Default Re: "Cigar Vacations"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
I really like Key West and always enjoy a short** visit, but I found most of the cigar stores to be below average.
Island Smoke Shop in Key Largo is a outstanding B&M managed by a member here(madurofan).
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #42
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
Island Smoke Shop in Key Largo is a outstanding B&M managed by a member here(madurofan).
I can't speak to Island Smoke Shop since I've never been there but Bill is a stand-up BOTL and personal friend.

(well, he's stand-up until he gets into the rum. )
Old 02-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #43
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

My dream Cigar Vacation is packing up 2 or 3 30 count caddy's and spending a week in bora bora.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #44
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
I can't speak to Island Smoke Shop since I've never been there but Bill is a stand-up BOTL and personal friend.

(well, he's stand-up until he gets into the rum. )
I apologize if my comments came over poorly... I was not trying put anyone or anything down. In all likelyhood I did not give these B&M's a fair chance and should have looked at them a little more.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #45
ChrisRich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dueceswild67 View Post
I just got back from Cancun. I stayed at the Riu Palace Las Americas. This place is all inclusive, so its a little more spendy but well worth it. All you can eat & drink. The hotel was awesome! You can walk down the street & but all the cigars you want, even the real Cubans. Just beware many of these are Mexican knockoffs. Mexican cigars with some very good Cuban labels. Do your homework before you buy any Cubans here, they are out there. Cuba is only 200 miles away from Cancun, so if your willingt o take to trip..........
I would rate tis as a 9-10.

Next I think I'll try the Dominican Republic. Most cigars come from here & the resorts are great.
The trip I'm on right now is very comfortable and relaxing but I feel like I'm spending more than I should and I really miss the pampering of all inclusives.

DR has always been a favorite destination and the all inclusives are so cheap that I almost feel like I'm cheating the locals! Last time I went there I did some digging on this punta cana vacations page and trick was picking from all the great deals.

While I was there I didn't get out much, there was a bit of concern about the locals, so I relied on the concierge to find my smoke for me and they did a great job for the most part.

If I don't do DR next I'll probably hit Spain and to dig into some family history and sample the local product.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #46
GodOfFire
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jackie
Trading: (10)
GodOfFire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoings View Post
My dream Cigar Vacation is packing up 2 or 3 30 count caddy's and spending a week in bora bora.

spent 9 days here a couple of years back with my wife. Stayed in an over water bungalow at the then Bora Bora Nui. I took cigars and had a blast. It is very very pricey though at about 1600 a night back then.

Work in the travel industry and got the hotel for 450/night. So we saved a bundle but it was a great time!
GodOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #47
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough

If you're staying within the US, I'd have to say Miami. There are no fewer than 8 manufacturers here with corporate offices (with amenities) and some have rollers.

Some of them aren't normally open to the public, but if I was a travel agent here looking for a new idea, I'd get busy putting together packages and arranging visits.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #48
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough

Just don't do it in the summer.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #49
big pete
Going to the darkside....

Trading: (20)
PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

Just the info I was looking for. I'll be in Key West in April for a friend's wedding and I'll make sure to pack a few cigars just incase I don't have time to find a good shop
big pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #50
whodeeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dueceswild67 View Post
I've traveled to most of the places listed in the thread & here's my opinion.
Ybor City is a nice place to visit-great restaurants,good atmosphere. There are a few cigar shops there, some even roll their own right there. The prices are all retail, so don't go looking for a bargain. There's alot to do in the Tampa area-beach, Tarpon Springs. I would rate it as maybe a 6 or so.

Little Havana- Authentic Cuban. 4-5 cigar shops, La Gloria Cubana has a nice shop there with a rolling shop next door. Again this is mostly retail so no real bargains here. Little Havana is also a little sketchy. I would not recommend staying the night here. If you wantto stay in the Miami are I would recommend you stay on South Beach. There are some very nice hotels right on the beach at a very reasonable price. I think we paid $60/night. Nice dining. Good bars. Fun shopping. You can walk right across the street to the beach. And don't forget South Beach is topless! I would rate this as an 8.

I was in New Orleans before the hurricane. At that time there was a nice place near jackson Square that made their own. Good cigar,great atmosphere near Bourbon Street.

I just got back from Cancun. I stayed at the Riu Palace Las Americas. This place is all inclusive, so its a little more spendy but well worth it. All you can eat & drink. The hotel was awesome! You can walk down the street & but all the cigars you want, even the real Cubans. Just beware many of these are Mexican knockoffs. Mexican cigars with some very good Cuban labels. Do your homework before you buy any Cubans here, they are out there. Cuba is only 200 miles away from Cancun, so if your willingt o take to trip..........
I would rate tis as a 9-10.

Next I think I'll try the Dominican Republic. Most cigars come from here & the resorts are great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Welcome to Cigar Asylum. Most of our new members post an introduction in the New Inmate forum. Feel free to do so. We're a friendly bunch.

Now, as to buying real Cubans on the streets of Cancun . . . .
Pete I think you ran him off!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #51
Jonathan Drew
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
Jonathan Drew is on a distinguished road

NeoFlex.

You better contact me when you do your South Florida Trip, buddy ....!

There are so many good cigar spots to go ... Chicago, Tampa, Key West ... but for me the best for a "Vacation" are ... Orlando: Corona Cigar Company's three locations and each are special, especially Downtown and San Lakes ... AND of course, SOUTH FLORIDA ... where you can visit CUBAN CRAFTERS and endless manufacturers and Calle Ocho.

Best,
JD
Jonathan Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #52
GodOfFire
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jackie
Trading: (10)
GodOfFire is on a distinguished road

I visited Corona Cigar Company in Orlando about 3 weeks ago. I have to agree with Jonathan. The location I visited was INCREDIBLE. It was not the downtown location but I heard that one is amazing as well. Also open till 2 am during the week... simply amazing place to visit and smoke.
GodOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #53
ysr_racer

So Flo every time !!!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52665