Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #61
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help. My Stinky is... broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
What I dont think you guys fully understand. Bill (Stinky) does not deal with daily sales and distribution. It is controlled by a company in Miami. Bill doesnt have control over what websites like CI and Monster does. If he warranties the ashtray, those sellers have made their profit and not have to take care of these issues.
Sorry Larry, that is completely irrelevant. Sellers do not warranty products, manufacturers do. If a customer has already reached out to the retailer(seller) and chooses to escalate to the manufacturer, then he deserves instant satisfaction if his claim is valid. By offering to sell the customer a second product Bill is netting double profits as the he has already collected on the wholesale price he sold to the retailer.

For comparison, look at the customer service offered by Mark Aub at Palio. Immediate exchange at the retailer or upon mailing of product. I dont think Mark is making Palio cutters in his barn, but he keeps a supply on hand to satisfy claims. If not directly on hand available immediately if not sooner.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #62
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
What I dont think you guys fully understand. Bill (Stinky) does not deal with daily sales and distribution. It is controlled by a company in Miami. Bill doesnt have control over what websites like CI and Monster does. If he warranties the ashtray, those sellers have made their profit and not have to take care of these issues.
Sorry my friend, but no.

As the retailer, CI's only obligation is to take back the defective product from the customer per the terms of their return policy. It's not their responsibility to warranty it, fix it, or provide spare parts for it. The fact that CI went and tried to find a spare part for Brian speaks volumes of their high quality of service.

Now, when Stinky, the manufacturer, was contacted about the problem with one of his products and he gave a blow off response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
Update:
Well, I PM'd Bill "Stinky" asking if he could do anything to avoid having to send the entire upper part back to Cigarbid. This seemed like the easiest solution for everyone.

The reply I got seemed... cold, and like I was a giant pain in his butt. He said to basically send it back to Cigarbid so they can fix their mistake (Which is true, they messed up, not him), but it was how he came across... Really short and a bit pompous.

When I said that I really would appreciate him letting me buy a base off of him, he said, "Send it back to Cigarbid, get your refund. When you get your money back, I'll sell you one for the same price." That was a really nice thing of him to do; I'd rather deal with sending the upper part back however.

Then, after he was pointed at this thread, and the public commentary about his repeatedly piss-poor customer service and shirking of responsibility, then he decided to do something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
Update on the update:
I talked with Stinky more, after he saw my post in here, and realized I wasn't quite happy with the way things played out (He thought I was gonna take him up on sending it back, and buying one for that price from him.)

That chain of events speaks volumes of Stinky. None of it good.

I have nothing personally against Stinky, but, quite frankly, his company's customer service really sucks.

Last edited by T.G; 10-17-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #63
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
That chain of events speaks volumes of Stinky. None of it good.
... his company's customer service really sucks.
Such an unfortunate event all around. And what's really, incredibly sad is: Bill could have taken care of this SO quickly and SO easily.

I like some of his products. I'll tell people about them. I'll even wear the shirts he bought me. ( Thx, Bill!)
Old 10-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #64
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Closed at O.P. (Brian)'s request.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Closed Thread