Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #241
chenvt
Duck the Futch!!!

Trading: (23)
chenvt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pete Johnson goes Vampire!

Got my box of dracs the other day.. Took a whiff and maybe it's the plastic wrap and the paint on the box, but they don't smell as nice as I expected.. I'll give them a little time to settle before I light one up
chenvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:41 AM   #242
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

looks like everyone drank their daily dose of haterade today, here's to electrolites

if all goes as planned, i should be getting a couple boxes of dracs and maybe one of boris on saturday, however as we have all seen... nothing goes as planned, especially surrounding these particular sticks

stearns
Old 10-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #243
LeoM
"Say what again!"

First Name: Leo
Trading: (87)
Partagas
LeoM will become famous soon enoughLeoM will become famous soon enough

Well, the friendly FedEx driver just dropped mine off. Tell you what, I'm glad they seal (kinda) them up in paper inside the box....the paint smell from the box is not so pleasant. The smokes themselves though, smell fantastic.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:37 AM   #244
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

perhaps leaving the box (sans cigars) out will help air it out? or baking powder like many (myself included) have done with fresh vinos? it would be a shame if these couldnt be stored in their box

stearns
Old 10-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #245
chenvt
Duck the Futch!!!

Trading: (23)
chenvt will become famous soon enough

Exactly my thinking, Ben.. I'm going to be taking these out of the box and sticking the sticks in the paper inside my humidor.. let the box airdry for a bit, then put it back in
chenvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #246
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Funny first thing I thought of when I saw the box was the paint and how I knew they were not going to air the boxes out then re season them. Knew they would be stinking like crap.

Stearns hilarious I was going to make a haterade comment earlier, but opted not to waste the time. Some people have life all figured out and know no one elses point of view can be equal to theirs. Local shops are supposed to get them today. I guess they wont be as bad as previously thought with taxes as because Pete operates out of Cali he has to pay taxes on the sticks so maybe they wont be so expensive. 13-16 and I will probablly buy a couple. For some reason the boris is kind of exciting to me more than the drac.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #247
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoM View Post
Well, the friendly FedEx driver just dropped mine off. Tell you what, I'm glad they seal (kinda) them up in paper inside the box....the paint smell from the box is not so pleasant. The smokes themselves though, smell fantastic.
I actually did that this morning before work. I took them out and put the bundle in the humi and let the box sit open for the day. Gonna put wax paper in the box to line it but I figure a little airing out can't hurt

aj
RightAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #248
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
A) Most of us don't "collect" cigars, we smoke them.
Not true.
Most of us collect them long enough to smoke them.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #249
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Funny first thing I thought of when I saw the box was the paint and how I knew they were not going to air the boxes out then re season them. Knew they would be stinking like crap.

Stearns hilarious I was going to make a haterade comment earlier, but opted not to waste the time. Some people have life all figured out and know no one elses point of view can be equal to theirs. Local shops are supposed to get them today. I guess they wont be as bad as previously thought with taxes as because Pete operates out of Cali he has to pay taxes on the sticks so maybe they wont be so expensive. 13-16 and I will probablly buy a couple. For some reason the boris is kind of exciting to me more than the drac.
you know what the difference between you and me is my friend? i got no problem wasting time

stearns
Old 10-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #250
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Not true.
Most of us collect them long enough to smoke them.
i collect certain cigars, with knowledge that i probably wont smoke them for years. but i also submit to the "LE" craze, so feel free to disregard my opinion

stearns
Old 10-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #251
Guitarman-S.T-
"ESP+ENGL&amp ;qu ot;-Brutal

First Name: S.T
Trading: (11)
SCdlH
Guitarman-S.T- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
A) Most of us don't "collect" cigars, we smoke them.

B) I've never smoked a car, a gun, guitar or surfboard. Nor do I have ANY inclination to do so.

C) I'm waiting for Pete Johnson to coordinate with on his next "box".....
hahaha ... C> C> C!
Old 10-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #252
montecristo#2
Don't Taze me Bro!

Trading: (49)
Cohiba
montecristo#2 will become famous soon enough

Yeh, I never liked the idea of even storing the Frank coffins in my humidor. I removed the cigars before putting them in my cabinet. I still have the coffins, they are just in a box instead.
montecristo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:32 AM   #253
Robert Mabona

maybe pete intended to season the coffins with lacquer.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #254
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
B) I've never smoked a car, a gun, guitar or surfboard. Nor do I have ANY inclination to do so.

apparently you haven't lived!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #255
Dukeuni
RIP CS

Trading: (32)
RA
Dukeuni is on a distinguished road

UPDATE: Just received a e-mail from Tobacco Grove. E-mail was sent to people that asked to be placed on the list. Guess you have to be on the list to even accept this "Sampler", so it may not help most of you. Here is the e-mail:

Thank you for your interest in Tobacco Grove and the Tatuaje Drac and Boris Monster cigars! Unfortunately, if you are receiving this email, we did not draw your name for one of the five remaining boxes of Tatuaje Dracs.

Please be assured that we did all we could in order to get everyone a chance at a box of these extremely limited cigars, but obviously due to supply and demand we couldn’t accommodate everyone – but this email is one last chance at getting a taste.

Because we value your time and understand your desire to obtain these cigars, we have created a sampler pack for you. The sampler pack contains 1 Drac and 1 Boris, as well as an El Triunfador Lancero by Tatuaje, and a Tatuaje Unicos.

The page to obtain a sampler pack can be accessed by clicking HERE (:::There was a link there::. Once on the page, click on the picture or the link below it to purchase the pack.

Please know that there are not enough sampler packs for everyone being sent this email, however, we do have at least 50 samplers available. Samplers are first-come, first-sold, and you are only allowed 1 sampler per customer. All sales processed through the site are time-stamped. I will be cross-referencing customer names for purchased sampler packs against our list of customers who contacted us regarding the Dracs, so please do not make this link public, or send it to friends; and be assured that I will not sell anyone a pack who is not being sent this email.

These samplers will only be available on the site for the next 48 hours.

Again, we want to thank you for considering Tobacco Grove when the initial Drac list was released, and we appreciate your patience during this hectic week!

Thank You for your business,

Josh Benesh
Cigar Concierge - Tobacco Grove
763-494-6688
Dukeuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #256
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

how much were the samplers running? curiosity

stearns
Old 10-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #257
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

$49.95
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #258
Dukeuni
RIP CS

Trading: (32)
RA
Dukeuni is on a distinguished road

AVVA Cigars in Salem, Oregon, received two boxes today. I found out that I got one of the boxes, and the other box they are keeping to sell for singles, etc. They may be willing to sell some singles to people (not sure, but does not hurt for someone to ask). They also have some other great sticks in stock- Padron 64's, VSG, Oliva V, and more. There website it at: http://www.avvacigars.com/ But I would call them directly if I were you- (503) 585-5807

I purchased my box for $13.50 a stick (50 cents for the Oregon tax). The company has been GREAT to deal with so far, and I look forward to going by their B&M the next time I am in Salem (on the way to Corvallis for a Oregon State game!).
Dukeuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #259
njstone

Once the boxes are aired out, I personally don't see what the trouble would be. I've had to air out boxes in the past, it's annoying but not a huge deal. I store all my painted and unpainted boxes together and have no problems with it at all.

I realize that having the paint INSIDE the box is different, though. I"m still planning to store my Dracs in the box (assuming I get a box!), though I'll probably leave them in the paper.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #260
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeuni View Post
AVVA Cigars in Salem, Oregon, received two boxes today. I found out that I got one of the boxes, and the other box they are keeping to sell for singles, etc. They may be willing to sell some singles to people (not sure, but does not hurt for someone to ask). They also have some other great sticks in stock- Padron 64's, VSG, Oliva V, and more. There website it at: http://www.avvacigars.com/ But I would call them directly if I were you- (503) 585-5807

I purchased my box for $13.50 a stick (50 cents for the Oregon tax). The company has been GREAT to deal with so far, and I look forward to going by their B&M the next time I am in Salem (on the way to Corvallis for a Oregon State game!).
They weren't on Tat's distribution list... what the crud?!

That throws a wrench in the works.

I am happy.. however to know of a 'relatively' close B&M.

PS. I live in Corvallis
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote