Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2009, 07:13 AM   #141
cle_smoker
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Robert
Trading: (1)
RA
cle_smoker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Sounds like you have planned a fantastic day. Enjoy!
cle_smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #142
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well our trip to the City was very good yesterday. Perfect weather with temps in the low 70s and sunny. It was good to see the Yankees win and hopefully they keep doin' it. Tonight the NASCAR racers are in Phoenix at 2000 (8pm) in a good ole' Saturday night shootout:

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/

The Yankees are on at 1540 (3:40pm) on FOX which will round out the day full of sports and entertainment for everyone. The BBQ will be on and I'll be outback enjoying primo sticks on the back deck. I hope everyone gets to do the same and has a great weekend as well........
Old 04-20-2009, 03:50 AM   #143
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on always and it looks like bagels are on this morning's breakfast menu. Saturday evening we had a one of our neice's stay over and the computer is in that room. By the time we had breakfast and got all cleaned up, it was close to noon and I wanted to get a few things done. Plus the Yankees loss Saturday didn't give me any reason to do anything special on-line. Yesterday on the other hand, they won and split the 4 game series with Cleveland 2 a piece. Oakland is in town now and they'll be at it tonight at 1905 (7:05pm) with Andy Pettitte on the mound. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great week and enjoy a few of your favorites through out it.......
Old 04-21-2009, 04:28 AM   #144
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's still raining outside since yesterday. The Yankees were rained out last night and the weather guessers say that this trend will continue through tomorrow:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Beth is a Mets fan and we have tickets for Saturday's game and they are predicting upper 70s and sunny. Should be a great day for a ball game and it will be nice to see the new stadium as well. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy.......
Old 04-21-2009, 06:55 AM   #145
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Good morning, no coffee today and the Reds won last night. Only half a game out of first place!

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:29 AM   #146
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes the coffee is on for "Hump Day". Well, it was good to see the Bronx Bombers win another one with a final score of 5 - 3. Pettitte looked outstanding for 7 innings and Rivera was unstopable as a colser again:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Today the Yanks have a day game with a start time of 1305 (1:05pm) and hopefully CC Sabathia can put up another W for the team. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good one and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or.........
Old 04-22-2009, 05:03 AM   #147
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Good morning, coffee is on here today. I got mad and turned off the radio on the Reds/Cubs game last night. 7-2 when I stopped listening. Haven't checked the final, but hope it's not too embarrassing.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:49 AM   #148
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. Well yesterday's Yankees / A's baseball game was a good one. It went into the bottom of the 14th inning and Melky Cabrera hit a two-run homer winning it for the Bombers, 9 - 7. They are off today and will be in Boston tomorrow evening at 1910 (7:10pm) taking on thier rival Red Sox. Well, since today is Thursday and all, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson valley Cigars this evening around 1900 (7pm) enjoying primo ceegars and catching up on the world news. If you're in the area and have a couple of hours of free time, stop on by and join us. If you're not in the neighborhood, I hope you enjoy and have a great time as well.......

Oh yeah, we are 8 days from CigarFest 2009 weekend!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:19 AM   #149
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and a big TGIF!!!!! Well, we had a great time last night at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars with a packed house to include LouieD (who is now definitely a Thursday night club member) and a good 50 other S / BOTL. The big talk was next weeks CigarFest 2009 and we have a good dozen or so of us heading out Friday at noon sharp. As far as this weekend, the Yankees are in Boston with the 1st game this evening at 1910 (7:10pm) with Joba Chamberlain startin' on the mound for the Bombers. Also, NASCAR is at the biggest track on the curcuit, Talladega Superspeedway: http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/tal/index.html. There is also the NHL playoffs in full force as well as the PGA and other sporting events all weekend. Since Beth is a big time Mets fan, we are going to see them play the Nationals tomorrow down at the new Citi Field. Should be a great day weather wise and hopefully I can get a cigar in while we are tailgating down in Queens, NY. I hope everyone has a super weekend and gets to enjoy the great weather as well with a couple of your favorites........
Old 04-25-2009, 05:44 AM   #150
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, Mariano blew a save last night in the bottom of the 9th and the Sox had a solo homer in the 11th to win 5 - 4. They'll be back at today at Fenway at 1610 (4:10pm) and hopefully A.J. Burnett has another good outing and we tie up this series. We're heading out in a bit to Queens, NY to the new Citi Field to catch the Mets vs. Nationals game which has the 1st pitch going off at 1310 (1:10pm). I should be a great day to be out at a ball game as the weather guessers are predicting the temps to be in the mid 80s and sunny:

I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys a few of thier favorites as well........
Old 04-26-2009, 06:57 AM   #151
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and Happy Sunday. Well, it was a great day yesterday at the new Mets stadium (Citi Field), we all had a good time and enjoyed the experience. Listened to the Yankees / Red Sox game on the way home and it was a battle back and forth with Boston finishing on the top 16 - 11. The two teams will meet again this evening at 2005 (8:05pm) for one more battle in the ole' Fenway Park. Today I'll be on the back deck relaxing with a couple of primo sticks, cool drinks, bbq on an I'll be watching the NASCAR race from Talladega Superspeedway: http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/tal/index.html. It's one of Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s favorite tracks and hopefully he has a great day and bounces back with a top five finish. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 04:22 AM   #152
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. I'm not sure that everyone saw yesterday's damatic finish at the NASCAR race in Talladega so I'm posting the video for your viewing. The first 1.5 minutes builds you up to it the all lets loose:

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2009...car/index.html

Congrats to Brad Keselowski and the entire James Finch racing team along with all of the other 43 racers to put on a great show yesterday. Also, last night the Yankees got beat by the Red Sox and now they are on thier way to play the Detroit Tigers for the next three evenings. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it.........

Oh yeah, we leave for CigarFest 2009 this Friday at noon!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #153
Drat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Oh yeah, we leave for CigarFest 2009 this Friday at noon!!!!!!!!
So you won't be at the game to see my Angels kick your Yank's butts with me!

I don't think I'll be wearing my Red halos shirt this time though...
Old 04-28-2009, 04:31 AM   #154
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the joe is brewin' and it looks like bagels are on this morning's breakfast menu. Well, I'm not sure what's up but the Yankees dropped thier 4th in a row. They lost last night to the Tigers, 4 - 2. I know that it's still early in the season and all but every game counts in my book. Anyway, the weather has been very nice for the past 5 or 6 days and after today it'll be back to normal with spring showers and temps in the 60s - 70s:

We are 3 days till the CigarFest weekend starts with a Man O' War rolling event from 1700 - 2000 (5 - 8pm) and then there is the Rocky Patel event from 2100 - 2400 (9 to midnight). Then the main event on Saturday, wooooo hooooooo!!! http://www.cigarfest.org/index.asp
Well, I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy it while it lasts.......
Old 04-29-2009, 03:38 AM   #155
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well it was good to see the Yankees turn it around last night and give someone else a butt kickin'. The final score was 11 - 0 with the win going to Phil Hughes with help from Jose Molina hitting a grand slam:

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great "Hump Day" and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or.......
Old 04-30-2009, 04:20 AM   #156
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee is on. Well, we are one day away from driving up to Split Rock Resort for this year's CigarFest 2009. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve Day, I can hardly wait for the time to get here. I've got to pack up some cigars still and my personnal stuff which should take hardly no time at all. Anyway, the Yankees edged out the Tigers last night for a win and now they're back in town this evening taking on the Angels at 1905 (7:05pm) with A.J. Burnett starting on the mound for the Bombers. Also, since today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stick and definitely finalizing all the plans for this weekend with the dozen or so S / BOTL that are going to the event. If your within driving distance to Schlesingers, stop on by and enjoy a favorite or two and if you are not, I hope you enjoy as well........
Old 05-01-2009, 04:17 AM   #157
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, today is the day we head up to CigarFest 2009, woooooo hoooooo!!!!!! There are a number of events we want to attend this weekend as well as hang out with everyone this afternoon / evening at the big BBQ. I talked with Mark (mrtapes) yesterday and he'll be meeting us this evening, drive safely brother and watch your speed. Also, it was great to see the Yankees win last night and hopefully they keep it up through out the weekend. The NASCAR racers are in Richmond, VA this weekend and I'll be catching up with those races Sunday when I get home. Most likely I won't be on-line till we get back from CigarFest so I hope everyone has a super weekend and enjoys.........
Old 05-04-2009, 03:59 AM   #158
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is definitely on. CigarFest 2009 was a huge success and the weekend from start to finish was a blast!!! I got to see dozens of friends, smoked top knotch cigars from when we left New York all through out the weekend and made it home without loosing anything or getting in trouble. I can hardly wait to see how they will top this year's event next year at CigarFest 2010. I did get a lot of great photos and will be posting them asap. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys.......
Old 05-05-2009, 04:28 AM   #159
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone and yes, the joe is brewin'. The weather is definitely spring time with showers off and on with temps in the 50s & 60s. Last night the Yankees hosted the Red Sox and had a 2.5 hour rain delay and lost 6 - 4, for the full story, look here:

They'll be back at it this evening at 1905 (7:05pm) and hopefully the Bombers can get a "W" tonight. Anyway, have a great day all and enjoy a favorite or two or.........
Old 05-06-2009, 04:32 AM   #160
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, I'm not sure what's up with the Yankees as we still haven't beat the Red Sox this year and we have another chance today at 1905 (7:05pm). It's as if there is a curse against them or something, might have to get a medicine man in there and spread some magic powder. I hope everyone has a Happy Hump Day and enjoys.........