Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #81
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation
Default Re: Motorcyclists and non-riders , I would like opinions on this story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
There's no way I can say that my experiences as a firefighter are anything close to your experiences as a LEO...we were both doing something for the public good, and in both of our experiences we put our life on the line for civilians, however when we ran into a burning building we knew (for the most part) what we could expect, and I guess every situation for a LEO leaves you little time to figure out what's going down with no pre-knowledge whatsoever, so I agree with your right to disagree, Tom...
err,I'm not Tom. I like Tom though
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #82
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
err,I'm not Tom. I like Tom though
Oops...sorry, Dave...mixed up your avatars...I'll still agree with your right to disagree, no matter what your name is...
Old 04-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #83
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Best part of this thread has been everyone's ability to agree to disagree while still being civil to each other....as it should be.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #84
SinPena!
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (9)
SinPena! is on a distinguished road

Okay, he took out his gun pointed at possible suspect. Waited for Marked car to run a make on person and motorcycle. Gets ticket for doing something wrong in the first place!! Motorcycle boy whines, puts up that tape and the fireworks begin.....end of story. I have been riding for a long while, just dont do nothing stupid and abide by the laws! Not that hard! If you do, take your lumps.................
SinPena! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #85
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

If you are going to light it up on public land, don't be surprised when LEO's don't take kindly to your actions.

I'm moderator on a large San Francisco Bay Area forum and we talked about this with roughly the same results. Virtually everyone agreed the guy was riding like a douchenozzle and many thought the LEO overreacted. Imho, he acted appropriately considering the types of folks they encounter on a regular basis.

One of the things our forum really tries to encourage is track days. Go get some real skills and use them in a safe and fun environment. We have several nice tracks for motos in California and it makes it a lot easier to get out there when there are so many great choices.

Want to go fast and wick it up? Go to the track.

Who doesn't love getting dirty once in a while?
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #86
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinPena! View Post
Okay, he took out his gun pointed at possible suspect. Waited for Marked car to run a make on person and motorcycle. Gets ticket for doing something wrong in the first place!! Motorcycle boy whines, puts up that tape and the fireworks begin.....end of story. I have been riding for a long while, just dont do nothing stupid and abide by the laws! Not that hard! If you do, take your lumps.................

No, no, no.....

We're talking about this video... http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...bikers-do.html

Pretending to play golf since 1989
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:03 PM   #87
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitzy View Post
If you look at the video the marked car was right there also, he didn't come later he was right there so yes this jackass knew what he was doing. Like I said as for pulling the gun, if you run from the cops theres usually a reason. I would of had my firearm out in that situation too and like him holstered it when I saw I didn't need it out.
Only thing I saw wrong was him not identifying himself. But with the marked car directly behind the rider, it's common sense to know who the guy in front of him was.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #88
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
common sense ...
There's a concept! Since he was going 140 and doing wheelies on the highway, it seems apparent it's something he was lacking.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #89
1badhog07
Still Watching My Back

First Name: gustavo
Trading: (2)
HdM
1badhog07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Best part of this thread has been everyone's ability to agree to disagree while still being civil to each other....as it should be.
Thats right brother,i still like ya
Old 04-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #90
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by aich75013 View Post
. . . I have to admit that having someone pull a gun, and not immediately identifying themselves as a PO would scare the $#!+ out of me.. . .
And I can tell you that even when they do identify themselves it still makes you want to wet your panties. About 20 years ago I was doing some property management work over in Arlington. Was in the house with two of my guys for about 15 minutes. Went to go back out to my van, opened the front door and was greeted by two service revolvers pointed straight at me from Arlington's finest. Seems someone forget to turn off the security system and failed to mention to me that the home had one.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote