Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
2 fights don't make you a good fighter, I was talking about it being Walkers first. I think it just made Walker look bad, I would rather him get beat by a good fighter and giving great effort then see him beat a bad fighter. Do you really think Walker looked good? He was stiff as a board and moved really slow.
Yes, for a 40+ year old in his first MMA fight with a bjj player, I thought he looked pretty good. Alot better than most people, including me, thought he would. Is he a world class mma fighter, far from it but for a novice, yep. Kinda like Kimblo.

Don't get me wrong, I like the UFC (some favorites are Brock, Penn, KenFlo, Big Country and Guida) but they are not the be-all-end-all in MMA like most Americans think. Japanese MMA still rulz, imo.

Welcome to the Asylum btw!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #1242
SinPena!
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (9)
SinPena! is on a distinguished road

I guess you didnt see the Cung Li Smith card......Melendez thompson probably got fight of the year. Strikeforce has a deep bench and dont be toooo fast to stay on the UFC wagon. I have Been involved for years in MMA and Dana is doing plenty of wrong things for the sport. I love all the MMA organizations who have came and gone. Walker was more of an exhibition and entertainment bout. Nothing wrong with not wanting a Great Football player to get brutally battered!
SinPena! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #1243
Tripp
Pepin Ho of the NorthWest

First Name: Tripp
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Tripp is on a distinguished road

The only problem I have with SF is the commentator. I can't place it, something about his voice, and the way he talks just drives me nuts. I'm not a big fan of the announcer either. The fights though, are top notch, IMO.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #1244
tx_tuff

Well I'm not trying to start any fights, come on thats funny! I watch all if them when I get a chance, I have missed some Strike Force just because they don't market very well. But if I know its coming on will watch it.

And to be honest I would have no problem with the Walker thing if they would come out and say it was a exhibition, but that is not the way they marketed it at all. And then during the fight they where talking like he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, thats all.

Kimbo, he can never make it in any real MMA, but I will admit that during the TV show he was pretty funny.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #1245
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
The only problem I have with SF is the commentator. I can't place it, something about his voice, and the way he talks just drives me nuts. I'm not a big fan of the announcer either. The fights though, are top notch, IMO.
You talking about the color man, Frank Shamrock? If so, yeah he blows.

Which announcer? CBS's shill Gus Johnson or Mauro Ranallo. Surly not Ranallo. He was the English voice of Pride. He rules!

Frank, stay tuned to this thread. I like to give updates and to make sure everyone here knows about any card from any organization that will be aired.

As a matter of fact, next up:

Event: Dream 13
Broadcast: HDNet

Bibiano Fernandes v. Joachim Hansen
Katsunori Kikuno v. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Marius Zaromskis v. Kiyoshi Tamura
KJ Noons v. Andre Amade
Ryo Chonan v. Andrews Nakahara
Ikuhisa Minowa v. Jimmy Ambriz
Old 03-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #1246
SinPena!
Still Watching My Back

Good card............................KJ Noons boxing skills are great! Would like to see a pure stand up bout between BJ and KJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #1247
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Chuck Liddell will be fighting Rich Franklin in his next bout and not rival TUF 11 coach Tito Ortiz, Fighters Only(Zuffa credentialed) has heard from a reliable source. The switch was initially reported to us just under two weeks ago but was only a rumour at that time.

However, the rumour hit message boards late last night and an industry source confirmed that Liddell will indeed be facing former middleweight champion Rich Franklin. The fight is to headline an April 17th Fight Night event which will counter Strikeforce's show on the same date.

They also report that Tito Ortiz won't be fighting Liddell, but not for health reasons and that the "reason for his withdrawal is known to Fighters Only is something that may significantly impact his future as a fighter."

Interesting.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #1248
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Update to above post. Dana has stated that Chuck will NOT fight Franklin. Franklin will fight the expert at wall and stall, Randy Couture. Supposedly, the fight is still on with Chuck and Tito.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #1249
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

StrikeForce + DREAM = Win!

Strikeforce has recently partnered up with DREAM to exchange fighters across the Pacific Ocean, and Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he envisions a flourishing relationship moving forward.

"I worked for K-1 for about eight years, and the ownership group of K-1 and DREAM is still the same," Coker said. "I've maintained good relationships over there, and it's always been my dream – that's kind of a pun, right? – to have our guys fight their guys and to see who would end up on top. If our guys win, that's fantastic. If [their guy] wins, then that's just great. It's just good competition.

"I think it's the true nature of sports to compete. Now we have the DREAM champion against our champion, and especially for the hardcore fans, I don't think it gets any better than that."

Things didn't go so well for the Japanese promotion at January's "Strikeforce: Miami" event. DREAM sent over welterweight Marius Zaromskis, who was promptly drubbed by Nick Diaz.

DREAM will get a second shot at respect in April when lightweight Shinya Aoki faces Gilbert Melendez.

Coker said even he was a bit amazed that DREAM would be so willing to send over Aoki, the organization's lightweight title holder and widely regarded as one of the best fighters in the world.

"I feel very content," Coker said. "Aoki-Gibert, that's a fight that I thought 60-40 was not going to happen, even though I was pitching for it and pulling for it, because there's just so many things that can break down. I'm very appreciative to DREAM for honoring their word and sending Aoki to come over and compete against Gilbert."

Of course, Melendez's power could prove troublesome for Aoki. Would the Japanese be willing to continue the program even if Strikeforce's roster were to prove the better list?

"Timing is everything, and there was a time when PRIDE was taking it to everybody, and they probably had the best roster in the world," Coker said. "In some weight classes, I think [DREAM is] a little thin right now, but for our guys, we can test our guys and make those fights happen – like the UFC would never have their guys fight the other leagues' champion – so it's an interesting time.

"In Nashville, we're all going to get to see it as fans. I'm a fan, too, so I'm going to sit back and watch that fight, and whatever happens, happens. Let the chips fall where they may."

And with K.J. Noons set to fight at DREAM.13 later this month, Coker said the return plan is already underway.

"We're sending K.J. Noons over there in a coupe of weeks to compete," Coker said. "We'll be sending Nick Diaz over there, probably, at some point this year. They're going to ask for certain fighters. I think they've already requested Andrei Arlovski, which let's see how he does in the May fight."

It's an interesting time for Strikeforce, who – depending on who's talking – are either firmly entrenched as MMA's No. 2 promotion or on the brink of collapse.

Coker believes the former, and he hopes to continue to utilize the partnership with DREAM to make entertaining matchups.

"If the schedule permits, we'll let our guys go over there, and hopefully Tatsuya Kawajiri and Hayato 'Mach' Sakurai and all the fighters that we'd like to see over here eventually make their way over here and fight our top guys," Coker said. "Let's get it on."
Old 03-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #1250
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Roger Huerta in Bellator

According to MMAJunkie, Roger Huerta (20-3-1) will be participating in Bellator's Season two Lightweight Tournament:

Sources close to the situation confirmed to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the popular lightweight received his formal release from the UFC this week, which opened the door to finalize a deal with the upstart promotion.

Bellator has called a video press conference for Monday at 3 p.m. ET that will stream live at Bellator.com.

Huerta will part of the 8-man tourney, which already includes talented prospects, Toby Imada (23-13), Jorge Masvidal (19-5), Chad Hinton (6-0), Mike Ricci (5-0), Ferrid Kheder (16-5), Janne Tulirinta (12-3), and Carey Vanier (7-2). Should he come out victorious, Roger will then earn a shot at Season 1 winner, and current Bellator lightweight champ, Eddie Alvarez.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #1251
jerseystepup
L-I-V-I-N

First Name: Randy
JL
jerseystepup is on a distinguished road

Anyone interested in the Renzo/Hughes fight... Renzo looked STRONG today... is cardio is amazing, better than ever.. this morning he weighed 183... and he couldn't be more excited about this fight.
jerseystepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #1252
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseystepup View Post
Anyone interested in the Renzo/Hughes fight... Renzo looked STRONG today... is cardio is amazing, better than ever.. this morning he weighed 183... and he couldn't be more excited about this fight.
Looks like it's gonna be a great card. Gotta go with Renzo and I hope he rips Hughes apart! Never liked him.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #1253
jerseystepup
L-I-V-I-N

JL

It's going to be a war definatly.. I've never seen him like this before... He's so relaxed.. Youd think he's getting ready to go to a party. He's having fun training, having fun working out, having fun teaching, and just totally enjoying himself.. Mentally he's right where he wants to be... Physicaly he's training like he's 25.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #1254
SinPena!
Still Watching My Back

I like Renzo, but Hughes is going to man handle him. Shamrock was totally controlling Renzo during their fight, and Renzo played the illegal head hit to the fullest.......................
Old 03-17-2010, 07:01 AM   #1255
jerseystepup
L-I-V-I-N

JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinPena! View Post
I like Renzo, but Hughes is going to man handle him. Shamrock was totally controlling Renzo during their fight, and Renzo played the illegal head hit to the fullest.......................

Renzo has never looked like he does know... trust me, he's at a different point in his life... And the place where this fight is being held is a very important place to renzo.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #1256
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Maybe this will clear things up:

Tito injures neck, Can't fight Chuck at TUF 11 Finale

Reports surfaced of Tito Ortiz being in the hospital over the past few days and that raised speculation of whether it had anything to do with the rumors that the coach of The Ultimate Fighter season 11 was forced out of his gig on the show and his bout with Chuck Liddell was in question.

Thanks to the fine work of the fellas over at FiveOuncesOfPain.com, it seems that there could be a reason for all of this talk.

A storm of speculation has surrounded the reasoning behind Tito Ortiz‘ recent removal from his expected bout with Chuck Liddell along with a recent coaching gig on the eleventh season of The Ultimate Fighter.

Sources close to the situation have recently indicated to FiveOuncesofPain.com that multiple herniations in the neck of Ortiz prompted his removal from both the taping of The Ultimate Fighter Season 11, and his anticipated clash with fellow coach Liddell at the conclusion of the most recent season.

While Ortiz says he was only in the hospital due to a bad case of the flu, these reports indicate that he has a much more serious issue to take care of. Whether the hospital stay and his neck injury are related we do not know, but Ortiz is out of his bout with Chuck Liddell and will now face another recovery from injury.

Ortiz has battled back injuries for quite some time and finally made his return to the octagon late last year where he dropped a split decision contest to fan-favorite Forrest Griffin.

There is no word on how serious the injury is or how long Ortiz could be forced to rehab his neck, but stayed tuned for the latest developments.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #1257
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

UFC 114 official for May 29, Rashad Evans vs. Quinton Jackson headlines

As expected "The Ultimate Fighter 10" coaches Rashad Evans (14-1-1- MMA, 9-1-1 UFC) and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (30-7 MMA, 5-1 UFC) finally will meet in May at UFC 114.

The UFC today officially announced the fight, which initially was supposed to take place at in December at UFC 107.

The new meeting takes place May 29 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and coincides with UFC 2010 Fan Expo, which takes place down the street at its sister property, the Mandalay Bay Events Center.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #1258
tx_tuff

Now that's the fight I'm looking forward too! I want Jackson to win but don't think he can pull it off.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #1259
SinPena!
Still Watching My Back

I want Jackson tooooooooooooooo! Silva got robbed on the last fight with Rashad...

Pages boxing and his chin is great! WAR PAGE!
Old 03-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #1260
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

With the bball tourny going, I totally forgot about this really good card...TONIGHT!

UFC LIVE...Vera vs. Jones live on Versus (which happens to be back on DirecTV thanks to mma fans)

Live at 9pm Eastern

Brandon Vera vs. Jon Jones
Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Cheick Kongo vs. Paul Buentello
Alessio Sakara vs. James Irvin

Undercard that may not be broadcast:

Clay Guida vs. Shannon Gugerty
Eliot Marshall vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
Duane Ludwig vs. Darren Elkins
John Howard vs. Daniel Roberts
Brendan Schaub vs. Chase Gormley
Mike Pierce vs Julio Paulino