Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #21
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Padron 1926 series no. 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico View Post
Felt like I was smoking one as I read - great smoke IMHO, right up there with the Bellis.

Have run out but will be through Miami in a few weeks, time to go pick some up!
Posted via Mobile Device
AGREE, Great review...
Old 08-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #22
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

One of my favorite smokes. Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Haven't had one of these in a while.

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #23
mash
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (2)
mash is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review.
I remember smoking my first one of these. Couldn't believe how good it was. The pinnacle of Nicaraguan cigars.
mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #24
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a box of 35 nats a couple years ago. For whatever reason, they were hit or miss. One day I even chucked one in the street in front of my house. Not so with the maddies, box after box they're heaven on earth. The box I'm on now is incredible, as can be expected.
Mind ya, I have never, ever had a problem before or after that box. It must have just been my lucky day when I found that one. It's gonna happen from time to time, I suppose.
Nice review, Ferdie!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #25
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

love these little guys
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #26
Angry_Pirate
Traveler

First Name: J.T.
Trading: (40)
Cohiba
Angry_Pirate is on a distinguished road

I have one of these aging for the right occasion
Angry_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #27
darkninja67

Was this the maduro? Sounds like it. Great review. Love the 35 a lot especially in the natural. Probably the only Padron I will take the natural over the maduro.
They are so consistent in construction and burn great. Cool that you got to smoke with Jorge. Good family.

Thanks for the review.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #28
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Ferdie, these take me about an hour and a half to smoke, as well. Maybe closer to an hour.
It's funny, because as the story goes, Jose? Padron created this cigar size specifically for his 35 minute drive to work. Initially, that always entered my mind while smoking these and I'd hot box them until they were out of control.
These smoke better (to me) nice and slow, just as you enjoyed it. I think I can go a little faster because I purge a lot and make an effort to cool the cigar down as I go.
I suppose my guess that the old man smoked the whole thing may have been off base, too, but I just thought it was worth mentioning.
It's a fabulous size for the 26 blend. I think the #6 is my favorite, but it's a toss up.
One last tidbit...
A single 1926 #6 maduro stands as the best cigar I've ever smoked and is wholly responsible for setting me spiraling into this obsession.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #29
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Ferdie, these take me about an hour and a half to smoke, as well. Maybe closer to an hour.
Well, I guess we're slow smokers Scott. Others here on the site are just plain slow, we're slow smokers so that's a good thing right?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #30
Nathan King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Well, I guess we're slow smokers Scott. Others here on the site are just plain slow, we're slow smokers so that's a good thing right?
Nice review. The 35 takes me well over an hour as well.