Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 07-06-2016, 07:38 PM   #1
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Preacher on AMC

Is anyone watching? They had a mini marathon of the first couple episodes to get people caught up, I was instantly hooked. I guess it's based off of a comic, a dark comic and it translates to the small screen really well, a lot of blood and gore and dark humor. Worth checking out if you're into that kind of thing.

trailer

https://youtu.be/UNgI2sRzr8I

Comic book Origins Show ... SPOILERS in the link below !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/MdAkMAVMVuE

Last edited by AdamJoshua; 07-06-2016 at 07:49 PM.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #2
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Preacher on AMC

I've been meaning to check it out, but have not yet. And yes, it is based on a DC/Vertigo comic. Here's a few score you can score.

http://viewcomic.com/?s=preacher
Old 07-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #3
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I have been watching it since it first aired. Seth Rogen talked about it in an interview and his previews got me hooked.

There is so much going on with the varied characters and the back story takes some time to come out, so you need to be patient.

Looking forward to the next episode!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:10 AM   #4
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Loving Preacher.......I read the comic about 6yrs ago, I haven't re-read them, and i'm thankful I haven't. My fried recently re-read them and he says he wished he hadn't, said they are not following the comic very closely (kind of like TWD, I regret re-reading those & had to stop....too many spoilers for myself.

Anyway, loving Preacher, and I am following religiously.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #5
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Yah I never read the comics, but watched the spoiler clip that explained the original story line, at least now I'm caught up but seems enough has changed that most of the "spoilers" aren't in play in the show, the comic looks really good so it will be interesting to see how close they get.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:36 PM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the pilot and thought it was horrible.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:07 AM   #7
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I watched the pilot and thought it was horrible.
Mac, that fight scene with Tulip & and those guys in the cornfield was enough for me to continue watching....never seen anything like that
Old 07-18-2016, 06:38 PM   #8
AdamJoshua

Last nights episode was great, but there are only TWO more episodes to the season??? I hate this new model of short seasons
Old 07-18-2016, 07:41 PM   #9
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Last nights episode was great, but there are only TWO more episodes to the season??? I hate this new model of short seasons
I hear ya. While I have yet to see Preacher, some of my other favorites (Longmire & Bosch) are 10 episode seasons. When they release the full season, I end up watching all the episodes within 2-3 weeks - leaving me wanting more.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:03 PM   #10
AdamJoshua

I guess they want to cram a ton of shows in a calendar, used to be (in my day... years earlier it was more) but 20+ then 16 episodes a season, they then cut it back further but got rid of that mid season break, now it's 10 thought and when you think about it that's 1/5th a of a year... that's a long time to wait for the next season.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:52 PM   #11
DMK
S.O.B.

First Name: Darryl
Trading: (86)
Partagas
DMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really nice

I've been watching this and lots more on my tablet during lunch break at work.
I've really enjoyed this one.
There is a bunch of great shows, some new, some older that I can binge watch.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:03 AM   #12
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Last night's episode
Old 07-31-2016, 03:20 PM   #13
AdamJoshua

Just saw last week's ... emily is NOT a nice person, oh damn!
Old 07-31-2016, 07:18 PM   #14
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

RA

Looking forward to the season finale -- especially now that they have tied in the 1881 scenes!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:04 PM   #15
AdamJoshua

....tied in the comic nicely.

great episode! but man I hate 10 week seasons, 10 episodes then 42 weeks of waiting????

Last edited by AdamJoshua; 07-31-2016 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:29 PM   #16
AdamJoshua

Never heard the guy that plays Preacher speak in his normal voice, holy Hugh Laurie he's got a thick British accent!
Old 10-23-2016, 11:57 AM   #17
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Steve Dillon, the British artist who created Preacher comics along with writer Garth Ennis, died yesterday in NYC at the age of 52.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:18 PM   #18
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

RA

Wow! Sad news. May He Rest In Peace.