Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-05-2016, 08:49 PM   #1
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default From the land of are you kidding.

So have only read one article on this, guessing the facts are correct.

So guy stiffs cabbie on fare, cabbie finds $187,000 in cash in a backpack the guy left in the cab, cabbie turns cash over to Boston police (surprised it didn't just disappear from there), Boston cops find the guy at the motel where he stiffed the cabbie for the fare, yet earlier a motel employee told cabbie he never saw the guy, someone actually has to ASK the guy if he wants to reward the cab driver and the ****er gives him 100 bucks? You would think a guy that was homeless that inherited almost 200,000 and left it in a cab would be more appreciative of getting it back.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/us/bos...rnd/index.html
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:35 PM   #2
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: From the land of are you kidding.

You act surprised. In my experience, the more money someone has, the more likely they are to stiff some poor working man.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:09 PM   #3
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

This is from Fox News Boston:

Boston police say a man who left about $187,000 in cash in a taxi has been reunited with his money thanks to an honest cabbie.

Raymond "Buzzy" MacCausland picked up a fare on Saturday at the corner of Tremont Street and Massachusetts Avenue.

At one point the man got out of the cab to meet a friend intending to come back and left a backpack behind.
MacCausland waited 30 minutes before going to the man's hotel to look for him. When he couldn't find him, he looked in the bag for identification. His was surprised to find three bundles of $50 and $100 dollar bills. He immediately drove to police headquarters to turn in the cash.

"I opened the bag, I saw the most money I ever saw in my life,” the 72-year-old told FOX25’s Erica Ricci.

That's when Buzzy had a moral dillema.

"I can go back looking for him, because I know he's going to be looking for me, or take it home, change my life, or go to the police station,” he said.

Police worked with the hotel to identify the man whose backpack it was. The man was a 46-year-old homeless man who had inherited the money.

MacCausland got a $100 reward.

"My mother always said do the right thing you'll be rewarded somewhere later, you know? Maybe she's right,” Buzzy said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

You do the right thing because it's the right thing, not to be rewarded. Buzzy shouldn't have had a "Moral Dilemma".

Last edited by Subvet642; 07-06-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
You do the right thing because it's the right thing, not to be rewarded. Buzzy shouldn't have had a "Moral Dilemma".
Seems the other guy didn't have one when he stiffed a 72-year-old cabbie out of his fare
Old 07-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #5
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
MacCausland got a $100 reward.
This was only because the cops shamed him into rewarding the driver, he wasn't going to give him a dime.

So he didn't have a moral dilemma himself until the cops pressed him on the question of some kind of reward.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #6
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

And one should deduct the cab fare from that "reward" also.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:09 PM   #7
AdamJoshua

Oh yah when the guy stiffed him for the fare, distance plus the waiting time.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:18 PM   #8
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Seems the other guy didn't have one when he stiffed a 72-year-old cabbie out of his fare
It seems that he hadn't intended to stiff the cabbie; he left all his worldly possessions behind. I don't get it, why are you searching for a reason to hate a homeless guy?

Ya know, I don't tell this to many people but I was homeless when I first got out of the Navy. I was orphaned and didn't have a home to return to. It wasn't for long, but I lived in the woods with a motorcycle and a bed roll. I gotta tell ya, it kinda sucks. This guy inherited because someone who loved him died. Yeah, he's a jerk.

Last edited by Subvet642; 07-06-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:38 PM   #9
AdamJoshua

Ok I think it's time to move on from this it's becoming too personal and need to separate "news on the internet" from life a bit.

Glad all is going well for you Darren, I have been there as well, my mom was killed when I was 17 and I was all alone for a few months till someone took me in. It builds character!
Old 07-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #10
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Perhaps for the same reason you are looking for a way to criticize the cabbie for resisting temptation and doing the right thing, despite the bad karma earned by a thief.

If a hungry man steals a loaf of bread, I'll cut him all the slack in the world. If a man with $187K skips out on cab fare, then stiffs the cabbie again when his cash is returned with an insulting 0.05% reward, then I don't give a tinker's dam if he's homeless or not . . . he's an ass.

And like Adam, I am out . . . without going into my sad story too. Yes, I have one also.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:05 PM   #11
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Where's Patrick Kane when you need him??

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:27 AM   #12
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

To reward Buzzy the cabby Royal Caribbean is sending him on a cruise (according to WHDH Boston). Hats off to them for doing this.